• Sydney

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 147 23.9%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 107 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how we add Cameron, Higgins and I. Smith, and everyone has us 5-8.

Same prediction ladders every year, lol - same outcome. Richmond and Geelong had no home ground advantage this year and played off in a Grand Final. Odd that there are those who think either of us could get worse next year.

Each to their own though :)
I just hope Chris Scott is of a similar view that personnel is what is needed to beat Richmond, as opposed to a total rethink of system.

And by the way, yes you’ve added Cameron, but you’ve also lost Ablett. And I don’t know whether the other two blokes, well into their 30’s, will be the difference you think they will in the heat of battle in September

1. Richmond - just too dominant
2. Geelong - can cover Ablett and Taylor with what they have, Cameron as second fiddle suits him much better and he'll be very good in that role
3. St Kilda - Ratten knows how to get the most out of this group, another year and another fairly good player into the mix will see them climb
4. Brisbane - could be higher but it'll depend if Daniher delivers and how much their depth is tested
5. Port - very harsh based on this year but it was a year where everything seemed to go right for them, can they get that again?
6. Bulldogs - a lot of question marks and with an extra mid and a second ruck I can see it taking some time to work out the best mixture, but the talent is there
7. West Coast - too good to miss but I think the decline of Kennedy and Hurn will hurt them a bit
8. Fremante - on the up, those young mids will continue, get their best defence back out, and it's just a question of it they have enough up forward to score
9. Carlton - they've got enough experience to push for finals, it'll just depend on the form of a couple of key players
10. Collingwod - significant list changes leave them in an odd spot, but whether they go for DFAs or hit the draft it's unlikely they'll improve
11. Melbourne - need to improve their ball use and stop having those odd games where they barely seem to try
12. Gold Coast - a little bit away from top 8 contention but another year will give them some improvement
13. GWS - significant outs and questionable ins, if they missed this year it'll get worse next year
14. Sydney - a couple of those close losses will turn into wins but the rebuild isn't over
15. Essendon - honestly they only lost two players that'll have a big impact, Saad and McKenna, but need to commit to a rebuild anyway instead of stagnating
16. Adelaide - started to click late in the year, not a huge improvement but won't be nearly as bad as they were
17. North - still have a fair amount of talent but a lot of holes will be filled with draftees which leaves them inconsistent
18. Hawthorn - there's no improvement to be found in this list, move on the older blokes and see what the kids can do

I see a pretty fair gap between 1-5, 6-11, and 12-15. The other 3 are in a league of their own

Next 10 premierships done for everyone. That settles that!

2017 - Richmond DEF Adelaide
2018 - West Coast DEF Collingwood
2019 - Richmond DEF Giants
2020 - Richmond DEF Geelong
2021 - Richmond DEF Geelong
2022 - Fremantle DEF Geelong
2023 - Richmond DEF Fremantle
2024 - Brisbane DEF Carlton
2025 - West Coast DEF Carlton
2026 - Adelaide DEF Brisbane
2027 - Richmond DEF Hawthorn
2028 - Hawthorn DEF Carlton
2029 - Hawthorn DEF Richmond
2030 - Hawthorn DEF Richmond
2031 - Richmond DEF Hawthorn

Premiership tally
Richmond - 17
Essendon - 16
Carlton - 16
Hawthorn - 16
Collingwood- 15
I would have believed that, but isn't that the next eleven premierships. 2021 and ten after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next 10 premierships done for everyone. That settles that!

2017 - Richmond DEF Adelaide
2018 - West Coast DEF Collingwood
2019 - Richmond DEF Giants
2020 - Richmond DEF Geelong
2021 - Richmond DEF Geelong
2022 - Fremantle DEF Geelong
2023 - Richmond DEF Fremantle
2024 - Brisbane DEF Carlton
2025 - West Coast DEF Carlton
2026 - Adelaide DEF Brisbane
2027 - Richmond DEF Hawthorn
2028 - Hawthorn DEF Carlton
2029 - Hawthorn DEF Richmond
2030 - Hawthorn DEF Richmond
2031 - Richmond DEF Hawthorn

Premiership tally
Richmond - 17
Essendon - 16
Carlton - 16
Hawthorn - 16
Collingwood- 15
Too many lonely nights making your special sauce

Not sure I trust Carlton enough just yet to push into the 8 next year.
We still have to work on our lapses in games, and to play 4 quarters of footy.
yep.
seems to be a lot of positivity around the side. Which is good, but as a fan of a club who seems to have it's tyres overinflated regularly, i recommend cautious optimism.

Saad & Williams are weapons that should make an immediate impact.
McKay & Charlie having really good years will go a long way.
Really need some personnel in the middle to step up and take that next step to support Cripps.

Do wonder if Carlton will make a play for Phillips. GCS' top 5 pick is prime for it if the Hawks go elsewhere.
Could come in for that immediate impact

yep.
seems to be a lot of positivity around the side. Which is good, but as a fan of a club who seems to have it's tyres overinflated regularly, i recommend cautious optimism.

Saad & Williams are weapons that should make an immediate impact.
McKay & Charlie having really good years will go a long way.
Really need some personnel in the middle to step up and take that next step to support Cripps.

Do wonder if Carlton will make a play for Phillips. GCS' top 5 pick is prime for it if the Hawks go elsewhere.
Could come in for that immediate impact

Not sure how much we'll get out of Charlie next year given his latest knee surgery.
But other than that I tend to agree.

We have to work on closing the gap between our best and worst footy. Its far too big based on our 2020 form.

1. Richmond
2. Port
3. West Coast
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Geelong
6. Brisbane
7. Fremantle
8. St Kilda

9. Collingwood
10. Gold Coast
11. Carlton
12. GWS
13. Hawthorn
14. Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. Essendon
17. Sydney
18. North

1. Geelong (if they don't win it, it's a massive fail of their recruiting policy)
2. Richmond
3. Brisbane
4. West Coast
5. Port Adelaide
6. Melbourne
7. St Kilda
8. Bulldogs

9. Collingwood
10. GWS
11. Fremantle
12. Gold Coast
13. Carlton
14. Adelaide
15. Sydney
16. Essendon
17. Hawthorn
18. North Melbourne

I just hope Chris Scott is of a similar view that personnel is what is needed to beat Richmond, as opposed to a total rethink of system.

And by the way, yes you’ve added Cameron, but you’ve also lost Ablett. And I don’t know whether the other two blokes, well into their 30’s, will be the difference you think they will in the heat of battle in September

Ablett didn't play for a fair chunk of the season and was done after about 5 mins in the GF.

Cameron, Higgins and Smith are all better than whoever it is they'll be keeping out of the team. All 3 are younger than Ablett and Taylor.

1. Geelong- great recruiting for the now. The next two years they have to cash in with a flag.

2-4 Richmond still have it for one or maybe two more years (like Geelong and West Coasts lists) before a decline and Ports kids will improve their side again. Brisbane will be thereabouts but I don’t see Daniher as the panacea to their forward line woes at the business end of the season. While I think Geelong and Port will be the teams to beat, I’d still back Richmond in if they finish top four and their list is healthy heading into finals.

5-10 Saints to be joined by Melb and Bulldogs as the team that could impact at the pointy end. West Coast in this range as well, but could move higher if as usual they consolidate their home games and win a few away but a mini rebuild looms in the next year or two. I can’t see them making the GF without a home prelim so they need to finish four to be a chance at a flag. Collingwood should be thereabouts but they have lost more than they have gained in their squad so it may be tough. Carlton need to be making the eight this year or another coach will be in the firing line. Fair enough as well- by the end of the 21 season they will be 127 games into their 66 game rebuild. They are locked and loaded for finals next year.

The rest are just making up the numbers for 2021 and hopefully building for future years.

1. Geelong (if they don't win it, it's a massive fail of their recruiting policy)
I think they need to win one in the next two years. But if they don’t, I wouldn’t put the blame on the list management strategy. It should lie squarely on the coach. Which is where credit should also go to if they win a flag. For me it’s not so much about the stars of the side, but addressing the problem in their role players best and worst games being so disparate.

Not sure I trust Carlton enough just yet to push into the 8 next year.
We still have to work on our lapses in games, and to play 4 quarters of footy.
Tend to agree, but hope your wrong..

The masses are impatient now 6th year of a 5 year rebuild.
They would lose their s**t and heads would roll... (Hopefully Barker :whistle:)

1) Richmond
2) Brisbane
3) Geelong
4) West Coast
5) Port Adelaide
6) St Kilda
7) Western Bulldogs
8) Carlton
9) Melbourne
10) GWS
11) Fremantle
12) Collingwood
13) Gold Coast
14) Essendon
15) Sydney
16) Hawthorn
17) Adelaide
18) North Melbourne

I think you could really throw a blanket over 8th to 15th or 16th, all of those sides could feasibly make the finals with a good run. The top 7 should make the finals and it would be a definite fail if one of them didn't. Adelaide and North supporters also know where they are at for now. Carlton and Melbourne are 50/50 and I wouldn't be that surprised if Fremantle made the 8 either.

Back