• Sydney

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • West Coast

Votes: 147 23.9%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 107 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixed my spelling mistake, Can't fix Fremantle though...... sorry.
You also have Essendon in tenth position, and foresee Joe Daniher winning the Coleman. Am I detecting a little supporter bias/nostalgic sentiment here?

You also have Essendon in tenth position, and foresee Joe Daniher winning the Coleman. Am I detecting a little supporter bias/nostalgic sentiment here?
Nope i just generally think we will finish around that mark :) i'd happily win the wooden spoon next year and go into the draft as we aren't going to be competitive this year anyways. I think most people can see the potential in Joe Daniher i don't think it's crazy to think he could win a coleman medal with a fit full season and a decent team behind him. If i was being true to my feelings i'd hope Joe Daniher never does well at Brisbane because im a salty little bitch <3

Nope i just generally think we will finish around that mark :) i'd happily win the wooden spoon next year and go into the draft as we aren't going to be competitive this year anyways. I think most people can see the potential in Joe Daniher i don't think it's crazy to think he could win a coleman medal with a fit full season and a decent team behind him. If i was being true to my feelings i'd hope Joe Daniher never does well at Brisbane because im a salty little b*tch <3
Okay, you've put forward sufficient reasoning in regard to those two points, but tell me...why do you believe Fremantle will finish 16th?

Okay, you've put forward sufficient reasoning in regard to those two points, but tell me...why do you believe Fremantle will finish 16th?

Just where they happened to fall, I believe there's 8 teams still better than Freo but of course this changes year to year and no doub't there will be some surprise risers and some fallers.

I'd say pretty much anyone is a top 8 chance except Adelaide and North (but even they could surprise who knows), the comp is too close now days any team can easily find themselves in 16th.

1. St Kilda - Pre season injuries will be irrelevant. Better coach, improved culture and unlucky not to be top 4 last year. Their premiership window is wide open.

2.West Coast - Would have been much higher up the ladder if not for playing many of their home matches away from WA in 2020. In my opinion Kennedy is the best current forward in the AFL and a full strength West Coast will be fearful to any of its opposition.

3. Richmond - 3 premierships in 4 years is enough said. No signs of slowing down and are my premiership favourite.

4. Melbourne - Every year there is a dark horse and if they can find their 2018 form they will surprise many in 2021.

5. Port Adelaide - Will be there abouts in 2021 but not sure they will repeat their 2020 form.

6. Essendon - New coach and a fresh start for the struggling Bombers will see them rise up the ladder in 2021.

7. Sydney - Probably a bit of a one eyed opinion but I can definitely can see the Swans making a return to finals football in 2021. A lot depends on a good run of injuries, like a lot of clubs, but I think Franklin playing will be irrelevant as the Swans play quite well with or without him. That being said would love to see him kick his 1000th goal in 2021.

8. Gold Coast - Surely it’s time for finals football. Looking forward to seeing a full season from Matt Rowell who has the potential to be a superstar.

9. Brisbane - May be proven absolutely wrong here and I actually like the Lions as our northern neighbours but with less games in QLD in 2021 and with them now being a team others will hunt, I just don’t think they will handle the pressure.

10. Geelong - Last year was a last hoorah for one of the most successful teams of the last 20 years. Will take a similar path to the Swans and Hawks.

11. GWS - Something isn’t right here. Time for a new coach perhaps.

12. Adelaide - Should improve from wooden spooners in 2020.

13. Fremantle - Just think they need some strong key position players to match their midfield flair.

14. Western Bulldogs - See Fremantle. Bontempelli a front runner for the Brownlow.

15. North Melbourne - Much the same as 2020. In full rebuild now.

16. Carlton - Would love to see the Baggers do well but I just don’t see it. Talk will be of Cripps on the move all year, which will be a distraction.

17. Collingwood - My tip for first team to sack their coach in 2021. In full rebuild.

18. Hawthorn - One can only hope as a Swans supporter. Although will be back big time in a few years time.

Had a chuckle at this...
Funny and delusional

After a detailed analysis of the 2021 fixture, examining Chicken entrails and studying my tea leaves, I conclude the ladder at end of R23 to be as follows:
1 Port Adelaide
2 Richmond
3 Geelong
4 Brisbane
5 Carlton
6 Western Bulldogs
7 West Coast Eagles
8 Collingwood
9 St Kilda
10 Melbourne
11 Sydney
12 Fremantle
13 Essendon
14 GWS Giants
15 Adelaide
16 Hawthorn
17 Gold Coast Suns
18 North Melbourne.

The spread between 1 and 3 is only half a game and between 11 and 17 1 and a half games, so a couple of stuffed goal reviews/ HTB shockers 10 metres out dead in front on the bell could make all the difference. Oh, yeah, and injuries...

After a detailed analysis of the 2021 fixture, examining Chicken entrails and studying my tea leaves, I conclude the ladder at end of R23 to be as follows:
1 Port Adelaide
2 Richmond
3 Geelong
4 Brisbane
5 Carlton
6 Western Bulldogs
7 West Coast Eagles
8 Collingwood
9 St Kilda
10 Melbourne
11 Sydney
12 Fremantle
13 Essendon
14 GWS Giants
15 Adelaide
16 Hawthorn
17 Gold Coast Suns
18 North Melbourne.

The spread between 1 and 3 is only half a game and between 11 and 17 1 and a half games, so a couple of stuffed goal reviews/ HTB shockers 10 metres out dead in front on the bell could make all the difference. Oh, yeah, and injuries...
If Carlton finish above 7th I will buy a Carlton membership

1. Geelong
2. Richmond
3. Brisbane
4. Western Bulldogs

5. Port Adelaide
6. West Coast
7. St kilda
8. Fremantle
———————————
9. Collingwood
10. GWS
11. Carlton
12. Melbourne
13. Gold Coast
14. Sydney
15. Hawthorn
16. Essendon
17. Adelaide
18. North Melbourne

Very very tough ladder to predict. In the end I only went with one team falling out of the 8 and Freo coming in. That was a bit of a punt and I'm not sure how they will score enough, but I love their young talent and rate Longmuir.

Even then, I could hear arguments for St Kilda having an injury crisis and missing, the dogs having too many mids and barely scraping into the 8 and any one of Collingwood, GWS, Carlton and Melbourne making the 8. Melbourne I see more missing given their injuries.

I could also see Brisbane regressing a bit with less games in QLD, but if they positively regress their goal-kicking back towards league average, they could improve.

Hawks will surprise a few this year.
Covid bubbles and all that in 2020 didn't help, plus a few players on their last legs.

We will push the top 8

Expect saints and port to drop a bit.
Both benefited from gameplans that were all about pace, and even with shorter qs, they struggled to run out games.
It will take both until round 10 or 11 to get back up there, but will be too late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the Squiggle ladder predictor a couple of times and the following was an average of outcomes

1 - Geelong
2 - Port
3 - Tigers
4 - Brisbane
5 - Bulldogs
6 - Freo
7 - West Coast
8 - Saints

9 - Gold Coast
10 - Carlton
11 - GWS
12 - Melb
13 - Ess
14 - Sydney
15 - Pies
16 - Crows
17 - Hawks
18 - Nth Melb

Saints could be higher but have been hurt by injuries this pre-season. I have the Pies probably lower than what many others have them but has been such an up and down few months for them, really hard to gauge if all of this will have an effect.

I think Port are going to be really strong this year, have a lot of good young players coming through on top of a great season last year.

And yeah, possibly rose tinted glasses for the Dockers ! I think one of either Dockers, Gold Coast or Carlton will be well entrenched in the 8 by the end of the year, just hoping it's us.

Interesting as a Dockers supporter seeing how wildly varied the other predictions are for them, ranging from 5th to 16th or thereabouts. Not sure if there is any other team that has so little consensus amongst the masses (maybe the Pies ?). Very talented young list that could do anything but so hard to tell at this stage, don't think I've ever been as excited for a season to start !

1) Lions- daniher will be huge in. If cockatoo can stay fit, they will be hard to beat for the flag. McClugage to become best winger in the game.
2) Cats- smith, Cameron and higgins great ins. Will make prelim at very least.
3) Tigers- will be cruising until round 15. Dusty best pre-season of career. Will make GF again.
4) Port- rozee and butters to break out as star midfielders of the comp
5) Eagles- kelly to regain his cats form. Oscar Allen break out year
6) Dogs- building for another flag. Will challenge in 2022
7) Saints- pre season injuries hurt. Max King to have a huge season. 50+ goals. Will challenge in 2022
8) blues- have built a finals list. Williams and saad huge ins. Cripps back to full fitness. Push for top 4 in 2022. Flag chance 2023
—————
9) dockers- Longmuir seems like an excellent coach. Fyfe to play more forward. Walters in midfield. Gun young mids. Will surprise a few.
10) gws - decline begins.
11) magpies- off field issues will haunt them. Forward line terrible.
12) demons- injuries to Ben brown and weideman hurt. Midfield one paced. Just average. Goodwin sacked by round 15.
13) swans - great young list. Will be back playing finals in 2023. Jpk coming to the end.
14) suns - great young talent. Lack leadership from senior players.
15) bombers - drafted really well. Need to get games into youngsters. Worst forward line in the league.
16) hawks - sicily out for the season. Gunston will miss half the season. Tom Mitchell no pre-season. Need to get games into youngsters- downie, Grainger-Barass, Brockman, Moore. Will day to go to another level.
17) Roos - drafted really well. Building a nice midfield for the next decade. Phillips, Powell, LDU, Simpkin and Thomas will be top 4 midfield from 2023.
18) crows- will win 4-5 games. Need to get games into youngsters.

Current minor premiership betting...is a good looking prediction.

Richmond

Geelong

Brisbane

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

St Kilda
- - - - - - -

Greater Western Sydney

Carlton

Melbourne

Hawthorn

Essendon

Fremantle

Gold Coast

Sydney

Adelaide

North Melbourne

North will be harder to beat than people think

I think they will be better than people think, but they need to get games into their under 23s...I can see them being in a lot of games, but losing by under 3 goals...reckon they win 5-7 games... they will overtake hawks, bombers and demons in 2022. They have a strong core of youngsters. Just one gun key forward short..

1. Geelong
2. Lions
3. Tigers
4. Port
5. Eagles
6. Dogs
7. Saints
8. Dees
9. Pies
10. Blues
11. GWS
12. Freo
13. Suns
14. Swans
15. Dons
16. Hawks
17. Kangas
18. Crows

Current minor premiership betting...is a good looking prediction.

Richmond

Geelong

Brisbane

Port Adelaide

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Collingwood

St Kilda
- - - - - - -

Greater Western Sydney

Carlton

Melbourne

Hawthorn

Essendon

Fremantle

Gold Coast

Sydney

Adelaide

North Melbourne
Yeah this looks about right for mine but I think melbourne could be 2 or 3 spots higher(maybe take collingwood out of 8)...and I'd swap Richmond and Geelong with Brisbane and Port.

Back