• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 107 17.4%

• Total voters

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember that time Brisbane and Geelong were top 4 locks and Hawthorn, Adelaide and Sydney were bottom 4 locks?

Maybe it'll happen that way still but proof early predictions are just pissing in the wind.

Remember that time Brisbane and Geelong were top 4 locks and Hawthorn, Adelaide and Sydney were bottom 4 locks?

Maybe it'll happen that way still but proof early predictions are just pissing in the wind.
We lost Round 1 last year as well and after that loss everyone changed their predictions to us either falling out of the 8 or being the low half.

Obviously we know in hindsight it was kind of a one off.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
We lost Round 1 last year as well and after that loss everyone changed their predictions to us either falling out of the 8 or being the low half.

Obviously we know in hindsight it was kind of a one off.

Indeed. The point being is that the only certainty is that the ladder won't look like what we expect based off previous years form.

Indeed. The point being is that the only certainty is that the ladder won't look like what we expect based off previous years form.
I think people always forget this. They always base their predictions off last year because let's be real, it's the easiest way to predict.

But how many seasons actually play out that way. I recall that weird stat about bottom 4 teams making top 4 etc etc. The ladder is always pretty different year to year and it's bloody hard to predict.

FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish anywhere between 2-8. So how can you predict what number we'll actually fall.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Be careful.
Indulging in rd1 results may also be micturant on ones trousers.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Do not make predictions on the back of round one form. Can be very misleading a lot of seasons.
Hang on, make whatever predictions you like, that is was predictions are meant to be...

Occidental

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on.
This year’s ladder will be just like last year’s???
That last year where all games playing time was shortened, where the league shut down for weeks, where clubs lived in hubs, where some clubs barely played in their home state, where the Grand Final was in Queensland?
Yeah I reckon this year will be just like last year....
I’m not saying how the ladder will be - but of all the years ever played in footy history, this one will likely be the most different to the one just prior.
So many parameters have changed, but so many think the finishing order will more or less be the same.
Rehashing the 2020 ladder finishes into 2021 just won’t work. Too much has altered.

Last edited:

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
You need it. Youre drunk on a nice little win over a team who is still at the beach.

Actually if you understood my point it was that judging teams before they play is absurd. No-one is gloating about a win here. Any third grader could have told you that, your comprehension skills are woeful.

Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think the Swans are being stupidly underestimated. They picked up the best player in the draft. They already had a bunch of talented kids being blooded last year. If even only some of them take the next step they'll win more games than they lose.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think the Swans are being stupidly underestimated. They picked up the best player in the draft. They already had a bunch of talented kids being blooded last year. If even only some of them take the next step they'll win more games than they lose.
And Buddy could make them a 2-3 goal better team if he's anywhere near his best.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Actually if you understood my point it was that judging teams before they play is absurd. No-one is gloating about a win here. Any third grader could have told you that, your comprehension skills are woeful.
I reckon youre the one who has cognitive issues :). Puffing up before a game and puffing up after 1 game are the same category.

Now, in Crows defence, puffing up after a series of good wins is another thing.

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I disagree, will be lucky to get 8 wins. In my opinion they are 2-3 years off having a team that can possibly make finals.

Gold Rozee

Senior List
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Buddy has been a super player over his career, but I think we will find out this year that the game has gone past him. Be surprised if his body allows him to play half the season. At 34 his best is long past him.

Back