2nds 2021 EFL - 2nd Tier

Remove this Banner Ad

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Disappointing for the players and other involved but on the bright side a chance for the injured and sore players to recover as it would have been a very weak side with maybe 5-6 listed players

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

Disappointing for the players and other involved but on the bright side a chance for the injured and sore players to recover as it would have been a very weak side with maybe 5-6 listed players
Gotta ask 'Why?''

SL16

Senior List
Oct 12, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pardon the intrusion guys, just dropping in here to advise that the game will still be going ahead as a practice game (ie not for VFL premiership points). Which is great for both of our sides imo :)

My guess for the reason for them calling the whole VFL round off was due to them fixturing the comp with every team having multiple byes, which gives them flexibility for situations like this; probably easier than cancelling some games, moving others etc.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Pardon the intrusion guys, just dropping in here to advise that the game will still be going ahead as a practice game (ie not for VFL premiership points). Which is great for both of our sides imo :)

My guess for the reason for them calling the whole VFL round off was due to them fixturing the comp with every team having multiple byes, which gives them flexibility for situations like this; probably easier than cancelling some games, moving others etc.
Fair enough.

Just please don't injure any of our listed players - we hardly have enough of them as it is!

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
this would have to be the most VicCentric thing ever.

Victoria is in lockdown - so that obviously means that the GWS v Brisbane game in Queensland can’t possibly go ahead🙄🙄

farcical

the Vics seriously have to f***en get over themselves.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
So in this side on the weekend we will have most of in our VFL:
Kennedy
Davis
DeBoer
Riccardi
Bruhn
Angwin
Briggs
Brown
Buntine
Fleeton
Hutchesson
Peatling
Shaw
Josh Green
Sproule
Stein Wehr
Shipley

That is foreign territory for us!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I think to be fair to Leon, Riccardi hasn’t shown that level of KPF performance - contested marks + set piece goal kicking - all year until today.

It looked a like a real breakthrough performance for him today, very reminiscent of his spectacular early AFL games for us last year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I watched 2 and a bit qtrs. Riccardi was good, he got some good delivery and made the most of some average opposition. I thought Briggs was our best player, i dunno how much longer we keep holding him back. Shipley is unlucky, I hope we dont see another Jack Steele here. Bruhn needs a breakout game, oozes class at this level. Hopefully Phil is better for the run, got caught out of place a bit. Wehr and Peatling have some nice footskills coming out of defence.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Write up on the game

No Fleeton so hopefully just a minor injury

I would think the Angus Baker who played is from Essendon VFL so not sure if it is a 1 of thing or he has moved back to Sydney but if he does stay for the season it will strengthen the reserves and help those around by having a experienced head around

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

13 listed players and good to see some consistency in the selection of the non listed players which will really help with how the team performs and this will be a hard trip down to Werribee and not sure who will ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back