2nds 2021 EFL - 2nd Tier

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone get to the game and have any further information on the big names??
Mate to be fair it was about 6 deg all day down here and out at Casey Fields (which is hardly North Sydney Oval in terms of ambience) it would have been -1.

No value in making the trek tonight.

Mate to be fair it was about 6 deg all day down here and out at Casey Fields (which is hardly North Sydney Oval in terms of ambience) it would have been -1.

No value in making the trek tonight.
Yeah, that isn't attractive. Would certainly take a high level of commitment.

That’s a bit unfair to mummy .... especially yesterday.... but it’s plain as day that Briggs/Flynn is to be the regular duo eventually
However we will have Preuss in the mix next season

Lucky this season Briggs is getting games in the magoos compared to last season, in a stronger competition as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Preuss would still be ahead of Briggs and Flynn as a ruck. Briggs and Flynn can’t run out a match or back up week in week out as a main ruck
Flynn has shown we can successfully play 2 rucks

Preuss has only ever played 18 games and never more than 8 in a year .... With almost all games as a second ruck . I don’t think he’s shown anything more than Flynn/ Briggs

Preuss is an interesting one.

He's shown flashes as both main ruck, when he's had a chance, and as a second ruck.

But to me Flynn should be marginally ahead next year because he is actually a credible threat up forward with his marking and kicking, and then Briggs and Preuss start level.

(And then Preuss gets injured and it's all academic.)

And I hope we keep mummy for the 2 or 3 down and dirty games next year .... such as collingwood
Two or three games would work - just tell him to go nuts and he can spend the rest suspended. :p

Hogan looked to have a quiet game. Anyone know if he had limited minutes and/or opportunity?

The ruck situation is interesting. Flynn is learning more each game and looks like he will be a long term player. Briggs has had tastes of what is required and is elevating his game in the VFL. Mummy still offers something that makes our mids play better. The performance of the mids is the barometer of the team...so...?

Preuss has only ever played 18 games and never more than 8 in a year .... With almost all games as a second ruck . I don’t think he’s shown anything more than Flynn/ Briggs
If you look at his record as the main ruck he has been very good. When he has had to backup Gawn he hasn’t played as well. Don’t think he has the game to be a second ruck like Flynn does.

Briggs is still a few years off having his body ready for AFL week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back