2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
The tribe has spoken. They wanted me to create a race thread, so here it is.

I'm not as good as Sven and others in making a preview, so I'll just dot some personal notes.

- Imola was always a unique circuit as a viewer. Because normally when the first turn is the opposite direction of the last, the drivers use the straight to cross over to the other side to take the following corner at a greater speed.

But at Imola the first turn is a fade, so the drivers stay on the same line they exiting and follow the track.

- But now with the new profiling of the track, it's an even more peculiar sight. The last turn is a fade to the right, then the first turn is a fade to the left. So you see the unusual scenario of the cars crossing over towards the apex. I'd never seen that before.

- When I was counting down the races to see Perez take the record of most career races without winning (A record millennials would absolutely hate), I was disappointed to find out he picked up a cheap win in Bahrain.

But now, accounting for unusual circumstances allowing Ricciard a win, I find myself hoping Perez jags win no2.

- It's an unusual first 2 rows to what we've normally seen. I have nfi what's going to happen.

Let's rock'n'roll!

Just tuned in to discover the wet conditions. Should spice things up a bit.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

That would mean he makes it through the first turn.

I'm expecting him to miss the start, panic and try to make up places as the cars bunch around turn 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mazepin $3.50 odds to be the first driver to retire, I don't think I've ever seen odds so low in that market before

Remove this Banner Ad

Back