Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol fu** off

When I voiced issues last week I got told bad luck. Yet a few days later it gets changed?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
The difference is you had one player uncertain to start at QB and maybe one at another position. But since then there's a massive CVD thing ripping thru people's rosters. Unable to even field a team. You were able to start Goff. You could start a team. There are 2 maybe 3 people potentially unable to submit a lineup. It BECAME an emergency situation this week.

Nothing against you personally. Everyone else, all 6 playoff teams, were able to field a team no real problem. A backup player to fill in. No one was really effected. Max 1 player. No need for some emergency idea. It was very late at night too, and only you affected with a QB -- tho you had a healthy backup. Too late to initiate a Reserves idea as per last year.

The situation is so much worse this short week for remaining playoff teams. Whole rosters affected by 3 of the 4 teams.

The difference is you had one player uncertain to start at QB and maybe one at another position. But since then there's a massive CVD thing ripping thru people's rosters. Unable to even field a team. You were able to start Goff. You could start a team. There are 2 maybe 3 people potentially unable to submit a lineup. It BECAME an emergency situation this week.

QB, DE, LB, CB

I literally started two 0's and was ****ed in another position because of salary cap

Either make rules on the run all the time or not at all

Yea completely different. lol @ Stinger. Didn't cost you the game anyway.
That's not the point, and not having to ability to make FA moves because of salary cap didn't help

The point is I was told by you and GG stiff s**t this league makes it easy to make moves blah blah

That's not the point, and not having to ability to make FA moves because of salary cap didn't help

The point is I was told by you and GG stiff sh*t this league makes it easy to make moves blah blah

You were able to fill a lineup with your team, its completely different. Shiny cant.

Its just a lot more dire of a situation now then last week. Multiple teams affected Also, it was 11pm, and no time to implement anything on the fly for everyone else too. Has to be something everyone else can have access to. Would have been a pre-week thing. If we had more time to alert others i wouldve allowed the Reserves list....it was the time of night that made it unfeasible.

This one is still different to that situation, and is not a mere Reserves list but having to make big changes to allow multiple people to even field a team.

Its just a lot more dire of a situation now then last week. Multiple teams affected Also, it was 11pm, and no time to implement anything on the fly for everyone else too. Has to be something everyone else can have access to. Would have been a pre-week thing. If we had more time to alert others i wouldve allowed the Reserves list....it was the time of night that made it unfeasible.

This one is still different to that situation, and is not a mere Reserves list but having to make big changes to allow multiple people to even field a team.
Three of the teams seem fine…one or two players. Shiny has 3-4 players impacted.

Three of the teams seem fine…one or two players. Shiny has 3-4 players impacted.
There was a s**t ton more this morning than what shows now. Think I'll just reverse the decision then given it now looks like only shiny is affected (4 or 5) and can still find players to submit a lineup.

Its not mate, games staggered more last week, to allow teams to get players back, allow you to put in claims

How many players did you have missing with covid compared to everyone else? Were you able to fill a lineup?

Stop using Lamar and general injuries as an example, it has nothing to do with it.

Anyway, GG has pulled it apparently as more players have come off covid for shiny. Its a rule that's enforced strictly for covid outbreaks when there are no other options and not enough time to fill a lineup

Last edited:
Looking over your lineup:

I see two players missing from your best lineup due to covid

1) Derrick Brown: hes averaged just over 1 point a game more than Al Woods on the season, hardly worth getting upset about.
2) Kendall Fuller : averaging about 2 points a game more than Levi Wallace who you could have started, you chose to play Reed who was last game of the week however.

Tyler Boyd played, you chose not use him

Lamar's injury has nothing to do with anything. Nobody gets given the ability to find replacements for regular injuries, EVER.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 2.54.08 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MFL has a lot of customization, but one area lacking is a built in system to handle something fluid like covid outbreaks.

An automated reserve list would be helpful. But not necessarily the solution if theres a mass outbreak -- because we're a restrictive salary cap dynasty with finite roster size.

Its never easy as commish too, i dont ever try to disadvantage a person, have to analyze a persons or the leagues situation before deciding if an emergency rule change is to be used suddenly in the middle of the night, and then it gets harder if everyone isnt online to know in time.

Yesterday morning there were C's all over 3 of the 4 remaining playoff teams. People hard up against the 90m cap, no space to make signings, waiver system runs only once late at night, and 9 IR not big enough to allow people to hold onto their dynasty long term keepers and make temp additions. Situation needed those drastic steps i stated. But while waiting for everyone to respond, by the evening, the C's started to go away en masse. Only shiny more affected than others BUT able now to submit a lineup -- actually could now choose 5 RWT, and the required 1-2 various IDPs.

I still need to find a long term built in solution. If it were possible with limited custom features

Hope the league members understand the entire dynamic here, and the Solomon-like position of being commish.

They rules on the fly aren't just about my game last week

It's the fact you were going to change the rules as everyone was covid hit this week. But then you realise it was only one person Shiny so you are like well * him keep the rules as is

Wouldn't the fact that one person was decimated make it more a reason to make an allowance for them?

Tend to agree with Stinger. We’ve played by these rules for two years, it’s part of the league at the moment, just let’s play it out.
Or at the least, everyone who is impacted at the time HAS to acknowledge before changes made on the fly.

There was far more (C)'s on shiny's roster on Saturday than there was Sunday, rule was in place to allow him to fill a side until GG saw it wasn't required. He could have filled a side with what he had. .He chose to start Cooks and Williams. Had Claypool, Moreau and Uzomah on his bench

Not sure what is so hard to understand.

Stinger....its not about one person affected * them, more people affected then ok

It is about whether 1 or more can submit a lineup or not.

The emergency rules were reversed soon as it became apparent all four teams could now submit a lineup.

You still could last week and it was too late at night to alert everyone else of implementing the reserve list idea

I had time yesterday to alert all four people before today's games, 2/4 responded, new rules would not have been used unless all four did respond, but also, it turned out a lot of CVD outs changed, and now 1-4 could all submit a full lineup.

Any changes are emergency powers only and only due to the fluid covid situation

For next year, i will have to figure out some kind of idea that exists from week 1 all season so everyone knows from the get go and is able to use it when its an emergency

Fact is that as of Saturday Shiny and the rest to a lesser degree were in far worse situations than Stinger was last week. In fact Stinger had minimal impact from covid.

Agree with Dagless and I mentioned it las few days that no changes should be implemented until all those impacted acknowledge as it could cause unfair repercussions

Many congratulations to TBG and Dixie, two teams that have scored well but been unlucky with their records this season make it thru to the final. Bit of luck at the right time of the year finally, may the best team win next week

Very good season from PB and Shiny. Well done.

If Dixie Flatline and TheGreatBarryB find they cannot submit a lineup due to covid outs, and/or not enough IR spots to create room, and/or not enough cap room to add some temp players....let me know.....so i can grant some conditions for the upcoming week.
Or they can pick up players through the week?

It all depends on if mass covid outs or not, if a lineup can be submitted or not with existing rosters.

Could be i might just need to expand IR, could be I dont need to do anything, could be i need to give them extra cap as well to be able to sign say 7 players temporarily, etc. Depends what the situation is like.

Temp players would not be keepable in such a situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back