Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What I don’t think is right is teams that are out of it taking players of waivers and being over the cap. Neither me or Dixie can do that so that’s unfair to us.
The cap is always soft. You can claim players tho over the cap but you cant submit a lineup or trade. Waivers always continues to run till the NFL super bowl is over. So everyone will be able to sign players for future consideration. Remember tho, the 36 max roster is in effect, so you cant sign like 10 players, you have to release some to stay under 36.

The cap is always soft. You can claim players tho over the cap but you cant submit a lineup or trade. Waivers always continues to run till the NFL super bowl is over. So everyone will be able to sign players for future consideration. Remember tho, the 36 max roster is in effect, so you cant sign like 10 players, you have to release some to stay under 36.
No complaints about waivers continuing. But you should still be under the cap by game day whether you play or not. Otherwise you have an advantage of starting for next year earlier.

No complaints about waivers continuing. But you should still be under the cap by game day whether you play or not. Otherwise you have an advantage of starting for next year earlier.
A hard cap, where you cant even make a claim if youre over the cap, where a trade is negated that would see you go over it, etc?

Ill have to see if it can be tweaked with further options to fall somewhere in between both. Dont think i have a setting where it says a cap must be hard before x condition, but soft otherwise. I'll consider hardening it tho because next season the cap is increasing. Right time to start hardening it would be alongside that.

"Best" Dead Cap amounts:

GG 2019 - 58m
GG 2021 - 52m
GG 2016 - 50m
GG 2017 - 50m
GG 2020 - 48m
ADP 2021 - 48m
GG 2015 - 48m
GG 2018 - 45m
GG 2014 - 38m

Last edited:
Youll never see that again from the Riders. We're taking on a new business model next year. Trial it anyway.

Im excited to see this new strategy implemented . Such a progressive franchise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For future reference: Im looking to get another top 10 pick if anyone doesn't want their first in this "trash" draft this year.

EMPIRE 2022 DRAFT ORDER

01. Til Valhall
02. BPG Vandals
03. Longbeach Leatherheads
04. Butte Pirates
05. Powerhouse
06. Mojave Riders
07. Damn Fine Dodgers
08. Wolfe Pack
09. Greenville Gorillas
10. Drd23's Army
11. Southern Stingers
12. Arakaan's Assassins
13. Denver Donkeys
14. Samcro
---to be decided--- (los borrachos and thegreatbarryb)

You can trade Saquon to TGB for shitloads, he still thinks hes one of the top 5 dynasty assets.
Sure. Hopefully moves to a decent team soon.

added a pro bowl results figure to each year.

the national reich won the first two years (2013, 2014), but since then the american reich has won the rest -- some by a small margin, some by a large margin.

it merely demonstrates the respective strength of each conference, which correlates with the championship history of the league....every single champion (2013-2020) has come from the american conference....so you could say also that the national reich was unlucky to lose the first two Crown Bowls.

the american reich yet again won the 2021 pro bowl.....can Los Borrachos finally win a ring for the national reich, and also one for himself? he's been unlucky before.

**note: the damn fine dodgers were originally an american conference team when they won an MFL Crown Bowl, but moved operations to the national reich when returning to the MFL after a two year absence...kind of like the Browns of the MFL in terms of continuation of historical records, not in terms of organizational proficiency.

Thanks for adding me, looks interesting. Never done a salary cap league before so excited to try this. I feel dirty that I have Watson in my team though.

Will sort out my IR once I’ve checked up on all the rules.

Assume I can change my team name?

Thanks for adding me, looks interesting. Never done a salary cap league before so excited to try this. I feel dirty that I have Watson in my team though.

Will sort out my IR once I’ve checked up on all the rules.

Assume I can change my team name?
Yep change team name, team logo etc.
IR is currently 18 due to mass covid outbreak. Normally it's 9. Not sure if 2022 stay on 9 or 18.
Salary cap is currently 90m but will go up to 97m in 2022.
You can already start to make waiver claims for players if you like, as long as you don't exceed 36 total active roster.

When league opens in 2022 in a month....roster size will temporarily go up to 72, and player max per position doubled....so that people can wheel and deal all off-season before the regular season begins. Kind of like NFL max roster size during off-season and training camp is 90, and then cut downs to 53 before season begins. Trading wont re-open until after the Auction process ends around June.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back