Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

It's all because of him I wasn't able to get Punters into Omega too :( Hopefully 2022 tho :)

Never bends for poor old GG, yet poor old GG always bends for him. 😡

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
i need you to tell me how many years for above players. Rookies 1-2, vets 2-3 are the options.
2 years for the rookies, 3 for Landon Collins.

With Drd23's selections, he would gone from negative 13m cap to about plus 50 :eekv1:
There's still a couple of guys I need to make decisions on (like Derrick Henry), but I'm projecting I'll have about $30m to play with in Free Agency

There are 13 guys who were on my roster last year who now have salaries between $2.1m and $3.9m that I'm planning to let go

Mojave Riders....

Rookies
2 - Cameron Dantzler, Neville Gallimore, Alex Highsmith, Darney Holmes, Jaylon Johnson, Bryce Huff, Justin Madbuike, L'Jarius Sneed, DJ Wonnum

Vets
2 - Will Dissly, Andrew Van Ginkle

Franchise Tag
3rd Rnd - Josh Sweat

Legit haven't heard of one of your rookies. :(

It's all explained in detail on the HOME page of the site, in the FEBRUARY section (scroll down).
But in layman's terms, various reasonings...

1. You can't re-sign more than 2 vets, so this is a way to hold onto another 2 vets.
2. You tag a vet because you dont really want him, he's old, has a huge salary, but hes still got some juice in him and will attract buyers in the Auction stage...if someone wins him in Auction, then the new owner has to give you a draft pick equal to the value of the draft round grade you tagged him with. Good example was Tom Brady last off-season....had a $5m+ salary, Lenny ummed/ahhed whether to re-sign him, so thought he could attract a 3rd round pick for him, I won him in Auction, Lenny elected to not match the offer, so I won him, and had to trade Lenny my 3rd round pick.
3. You tag him with a high draft round grade because you DO want him still, and its a way to ward off people from trying to bid on him in Auction.
4. You tag a player you want, but you give them a reasonable draft grade, say a 3rd, because you have every intention of MATCHING the winning bid...because someone bid on a tagged player, that then allows you to offer them a 3-5 yr contract and the tag dollars dont apply. A way to re-sign a 3rd or 4th vet for 3-5 years...putting them thru a tag, hoping they get bid on, matching the offer, allowing you to then offer a 3-5 yr contract....because if a tagged player is not bid on, he just returns to your roster for a 1 yr contract like a franchise tag.

NOTE -- if a tagged player is bid on and won by new owner or matched by old owner....the tag dollars are not applied, just the BID dollars.
NOTE -- if a tagged player is not bid on, he returns to your roster on 1 yr contract PLUS the tag dollars applied.
so if I tag a guy with a first round pick, someone wins the bid for him of say $2m. I then get a chance to match the bid and my salary cap take a hit of his salary + $2m (winning bid) to keep him. Or I don't match and get a first round pick as compo for losing him.

Is that right?

cool

Going to make my resigning of OBJ for $1.6m interesting if I can potentially get a 1st round pick for him

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
For instance....this is what you could do....just as an example....

you have five off-contract rookies (500k salary 2020)....you can re-sign none of them, let them go as FAs. Which you can try to bid on them to win them back. Or, you could re-sign ALL of them (choosing 1-2 yrs). No limit to how many off-contract rookies you can re-sign.

But then you have to make a decision...

you have eight off-contract vets (1m+ salary 2020)...of those eight you can choose to not re-sign any of them, and not tag any of them. But you can only choose max two to re-sign (choosing 2-3 yr contract), they will stay on your roster. And then you have to choose max two other vets to potentially tag.

so you could for example do the following....

re-sign vets -- bosa and boyd
tag vet -- beckham

the other vets you have end up being removed from your roster and into the FA pool. for the record, your tagged beckham is also removed from your roster, goes into FA pool allowing him to be bid on....just because hes tagged, i will manually bring him back to your roster on a 1 yr deal IF no one bids on him when the Auction stage ends.

During the Auction....you must bid on your former players if you want them back....but you dont bid on your tagged players because you will get the option to MATCH or PASS on them.

sorry to confuse you with more text. but im trying to iron it all out for you.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Or....

you could re-sign vet Boyd and Folk. and tag BOTH Bosa and OBJ.....perhaps Bosa for a 1st rounder knowing hed be hot commodity, someone will bid on him, so you could score yourself a 1st rounder by "passing" on Bosa. You could tag OBJ for a reasonable 3rd, purely because thats a low tag, someone for sure will bid on him, allowing you to MATCH the offer so you could re-sign OBJ for 3-5 yrs, because that was always your intention to match....this way it allowed you in an around-about way to re-sign three vets (boyd, folk and obj via matching). Bosa you could also choose to match (allowing you to re-sign him too for 3-5 yrs), thus you ended up in an around-about way re-signing four vets. Or you could take the 1st for Bosa.

Or....

you could give OBJ or Folk a 1st round grade....purely to ward people away from bidding them, so that they return to your roster on a 1 yr tag contract.

there are various reasonings why you might tag someone......

Rookies

Jackson 2 years
Roquan Smith 2 years
Tre'Quan Smith 1 year

Vets
OBJ 3 years
Boyd 3 years

Franchise
Bosa - 1st round
Okwara - 1st round

Back