Player Sponsorship 2021 Essendon Board Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious why the turnout is so much lower now than it used to be.

Have some ideas, might be wrong...
Because ASADA is finally done with and people don’t pity pledge anymore, which is what led to the rise in 2015/16. Some people put in 200-300 on their own back then.

After that the club has made some weird decisions and the on-field performance hasn’t been great and so people like to withdraw support for that reason too.

And then most recently finances are probably fairly tight with covid, a bunch of people losing their jobs or being stood down and something has to give, so they either reduce their pledge just to get a badge, or they just don’t do it altogether.

I suppose we can do a big reminder post and tag all the previous sponsors when the holidays are over and wallets are under less pressure, but I wouldn’t expect that much of a rush.

Because ASADA is finally done with and people don’t pity pledge anymore, which is what led to the rise in 2015/16. Some people put in 200-300 on their own back then.

After that the club has made some weird decisions and the on-field performance hasn’t been great and so people like to withdraw support for that reason too.

And then most recently finances are probably fairly tight with covid, a bunch of people losing their jobs or being stood down and something has to give, so they either reduce their pledge just to get a badge, or they just don’t do it altogether.

I suppose we can do a big reminder post and tag all the previous sponsors when the holidays are over and wallets are under less pressure, but I wouldn’t expect that much of a rush.

Possible Doss had an influence?

Myself? BtG, LN?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back