2021 Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Given the start we have had and the way out team is playing and is structured to take advantage of the new rules I think we have a real chance to win it this year. We should be 6-0 heading into the Richmond game which you think would give us a top 4 spot.

I love this team and bleed red white and blue but I see no reason why we shouldnt have high expectations this year.

Given the start we have had and the way out team is playing and is structured to take advantage of the new rules I think we have a real chance to win it this year. We should be 6-0 heading into the Richmond game which you think would give us a top 4 spot.

I love this team and bleed red white and blue but I see no reason why we shouldnt have high expectations this year.
If we had a Tory Dickson or Daniel Giansiracusa type in the the team it might well be the best Dogs team in my time.

We live in an ever changing world and nothing is static but we certainly have a chance as it currently stands. A bit like West Coast in the mid 2000’s we frankly have a midfield that will keep us in every game.

I think a lot depends on how the bottom bracket (players 16 - 23) develop the rest of the year. If the likes if Young, Gardner, Wallis, Lipinski Smith, McNeil, Cavara, Weightman Jong, Scott and Khamis can really press on and develop we will be in great shape.

Given our midfield I think we can win it and ive never been as confident as I am now. Our midfield is levels above everyone else and these new rules really do favour our game style and our midfield depth. I think we will finish in the top 4 if we win our next 2 and then we can dare to dream. Compared to 2016 our side structurally is levels above so strap yourselves in boys I am daring to dream

I admire your optimism mattwa but I don't think we should be counting our chickens just yet.

I'm pumped up about our season so far but you've only got to have injury, form slumps and so on and the wheels can fall off.

I admire your optimism mattwa but I don't think we should be counting our chickens just yet.

I'm pumped up about our season so far but you've only got to have injury, form slumps and so on and the wheels can fall off.
A lot of what I was saying if you asked me round 1 was exactly that - optimism. I am not counting any chickens but I have a level of expectation now after watching us play. If we arent 6-0 going into the Tigers game I would be disappointed if we didn't finish in the top 4 and I think a lot of us would be. I see no reason why we shouldnt be aiming to finish that high given the current form we are in. Like you said a lot can change but as of today we are and we should feel like we are capable of winning the flag

A lot of what I was saying if you asked me round 1 was exactly that - optimism. I am not counting any chickens but I have a level of expectation now after watching us play. If we arent 6-0 going into the Tigers game I would be disappointed if we didn't finish in the top 4 and I think a lot of us would be. I see no reason why we shouldnt be aiming to finish that high given the current form we are in. Like you said a lot can change but as of today we are and we should feel like we are capable of winning the flag
Y

Yeah, fair enough mate. I'm loving it and just look forward to see the way another 19 rounds unfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y

Yeah, fair enough mate. I'm loving it and just look forward to see the way another 19 rounds unfold.
So am I mate and I am well and truly not looking too far ahead even if it seems I am. It is just now for me we need to reassess as we have put ourselves in a position to succeed

I remember when North were certain to finish top four in 2016 after their 9-0 start. Look what happened from there.

It's not uncommon for teams to start the season in red hot form and fall significantly.

Let's just take it OWAAT, please.

My expectation at this point is that we can record enough wins to finish top 4.

What happens from there is anyone's guess . It's all about who can expand their game through the season

The lid is well truly off. We all knew it before the start of the season we had the best list in 2021 we just needed to be brave enough to say it.

From the 4-0 start and with who we play over the next two weeks gives us a great chance to go 6-0 going into Richmond in round 7.

Expectation from here has to be top 4 and win a final. Not going to make a premiership the expectation because finals are unpredictable but top 4 is a must from such a good start and we need to win a final this year.

Definitely looking good and playing a style that will hold up in finals. Don’t think there is too many teams that can outlast our midfield choker hold and weight of forward 50 entries. Let’s hope Lewis Young stands up as the 2KPD we need.

At 4-0 and with the list primed, in depth, age and experience, less than top 4 could probably be considered a bit of a failure.

Hopefully the group can stay focused for the long run. It seems a few other sides are faultering a little so it could be the perfect season to sneak one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back