2021 Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

At 4-0 and with the list primed, in depth, age and experience, less than top 4 could probably be considered a bit of a failure.

Hopefully the group can stay focused for the long run. It seems a few other sides are faultering a little so it could be the perfect season to sneak one.

Why should we just "sneak one" - it's that loser mentality. We are on top of the ladder, have beaten 3 of last years finalists, have a really good list and its our time. Lets win 3 in 4 years like Richmond. Believe.

The club is in the best shape its ever been in my lifetime, i'm so sick of people still referring to clubs like us as if we might just grab a crumb of Collingwood, WC, Essendon...lol..etc. We are fast becoming a pwerhouse in our own right. Essendon nothing since 2000, Carlton nothing since 1995, Collingwood 2010.

Let's go Doggies

All three of those finalist look a bit shakey towards returning. While I am bullish, after all we keep winning but i’m equally cautious for now.

Week 2 of finals is fair for now.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why should we just "sneak one" - it's that loser mentality. We are on top of the ladder, have beaten 3 of last years finalists, have a really good list and its our time. Lets win 3 in 4 years like Richmond. Believe.

The club is in the best shape its ever been in my lifetime, i'm so sick of people still referring to clubs like us as if we might just grab a crumb of Collingwood, WC, Essendon...lol..etc. We are fast becoming a pwerhouse in our own right. Essendon nothing since 2000, Carlton nothing since 1995, Collingwood 2010.

Let's go Doggies

Yeah, fair call Grassman but you are preaching to the choir. I certainly don’t believe we’re not up to it. I was more suggesting due to form of other contenders, teams may not have to be a dominant force to win the flag.

I’ve been big on us building something over the last few years. Even scraping in to finals and going out first week, I’ve still thought we were always in good shape to go hard at multiple flags over the next few years.

Our game style hasn’t changed a lot over the last 2-3 years and our personnel hasn’t drastically changed either. We’re maturing, getting stronger, more consistent and now we’re seeing a real buy in to what Bevo and the coaches have been selling the last few years.

I’m with you. Exciting time to be a Dogs fan!!

Last edited:

Bro_Pro

All Australian
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early days so I’m not getting ahead of myself but a top 4 finish is now a realistic thing. If we make top 4 anything could happen. We have bet some decent sides this year but we can’t drop the easier games and the Suns this week is one of them. Im just jumping on for the ride and where the bulldogs train stops is well and truly up to them!!

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
12 and 6 from here on guarantees a top four spot, which should be the bare minimum. I still don't think the teams played well in any game for what the sides capable of, there's been patchiness in all of the games.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Elephant in the room... all looking good provided we don’t have to hub.
I can't imagine it would be a full season hub even if required. More so a swap of a game or two like what happened to Brisbane. If we had to hub out of Vic, would mean Vic would basically be in lockdown again and honestly, fk that.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I feel like from here finishing top 4 at the end of h&a has to be the expectation.

Once you get to finals, it's a whole different ballgame. I remember 2008 when we lost 1 of our first 15 but stumbled late and were really poor in the finals.

Having things come together and growing in September is always the big intangible when it feels like you might be in contention.

Our job at this stage is to rack up the wins and keep ourselves at the pointy end.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I feel like from here finishing top 4 at the end of h&a has to be the expectation.

Once you get to finals, it's a whole different ballgame. I remember 2008 when we lost 1 of our first 15 but stumbled late and were really poor in the finals.

Having things come together and growing in September is always the big intangible when it feels like you might be in contention.

Our job at this stage is to rack up the wins and keep ourselves at the pointy end.
Fitness of the squad with regards to injuries can play a big part come finals time. Right now just need to capitalize on our good start to hopefully make top 4.
Then give the finals a red hot crack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back