Captains 2021 Fantasy Captain and Vice Captain Selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the VC on Dusty. Hope he underperforms so I don't have to loophole tho, I'd rather generate cash with a playing rook.

ed: Oh and also so it improves my team's chances of winning tonight. I'm afraid I'm starting to follow fantasy more than my actual team plz halp.

Got the VC on Dusty. Hope he underperforms so I don't have to loophole tho, I'd rather generate cash with a playing rook.

ed: Oh and also so it improves my team's chances of winning tonight. I'm afraid I'm starting to follow fantasy more than my actual team plz halp.

good, goooooooooooooood

Little concerned that Crae only averages 91 against the Eagles, his 2nd lowest of any opponent. Having said that, he’s back under the roof and the Eagles have a weakened midfield with no Shuey or Yeo. They also conceded a stack of marks and uncontested ball last week and although there were reasons for that (heat and venue mainly) you would think it bodes well for old mate Jacko.

Probably going to have the C for me unless I can find a compelling argument for somebody else

Last edited:
Yeh Macrae with the C for me.. i think he (and they) will slice through WCE most of the arvo under the roof. Only option for VC is Walsh.. but hoping to not have any DNP's anyway

Little concerned that Crae only averages 91 against the Eagles, his 2nd lowest of any opponent. Having said that, he’s back under the roof and the Eagles have a weakened midfield with no Shuey or Yeo. They also conceded a stack of marks and uncontested ball last week and although there were reasons for that (heat and venue mainly) you would think it bodes well for old mate Jacko.

Probably going to have the C for me unless I can find a compelling argument for somebody else
Hutchings had a fair few years of being the best tagger in the league and he often went to Crae

Hutchings had a fair few years of being the best tagger in the league and he often went to Crae

Very good point, cheers. I was trying to remember if there were mitigating circumstances behind the low (by his standards) average. Couldn’t remember any games vs the Eagles where he went off injured on a low score or anything like that but I had forgotten all about the Hutchings tag. That explains a lot.

VC option helps. Full squad negates that.
Even someone like Fantasia might score alright against his old side this week.

Macrae a safe option. Merrett fades too much

Merrett usually loves playing port and tends to go big. C on him and VC Walsh tonight

As a port supporter is there anybody you could see running with Merrett or doing a defensive job on him? Or is Ken the sort of coach that will just let him go and back your own mids to win the battle?

Probably a moot point anyway because I fancy Walsh will go gang busters tonight for you against the leaky pies. Going to be a long night for we non-owners I feel

As a port supporter is there anybody you could see running with Merrett or doing a defensive job on him? Or is Ken the sort of coach that will just let him go and back your own mids to win the battle?

Probably a moot point anyway because I fancy Walsh will go gang busters tonight for you against the leaky pies. Going to be a long night for we non-owners I feel

I don’t see anyone running with Merrett for port and will instead go head to head with our mids. Port haven’t had a tagger since cornes retired and we very regularly let opposition best players rack up a lot of possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t see anyone running with Merrett for port and will instead go head to head with our mids. Port haven’t had a tagger since cornes retired and we very regularly let opposition best players rack up a lot of possessions.
Didn't you have Sutcliffe run with guys for a while there?
Not sure if he's even on your list anymore though.

If a rook doesn't picked (unlikely) should I take the 122 from Grundy?

And if not do I go Merrett or Macrae?!

was 166th to start the round and thinking a heap will go Merrett so maybe will go Macrae as a POD as I think he might monster WC!
I have the same conundrum. I didn't even put the VC on Grundy though. Even though Zach has a great record against Port, I'm going (C)rae. If Port just dominates that game then Zach might suffer a bit. They are both in such good form, have to go the guy with the easier matchup imo.

I have the same conundrum. I didn't even put the VC on Grundy though. Even though Zach has a great record against Port, I'm going (C)rae. If Port just dominates that game then Zach might suffer a bit. They are both in such good form, have to go the guy with the easier matchup imo.
Ah **** with the news that eagles might tag a dogs mid, and it might be Crae, I have to go Zerrett C now I think. Can't wait to get punished to the tune of 50 points for another 50/50 decision.

Ah **** with the news that eagles might tag a dogs mid, and it might be Crae, I have to go Zerrett C now I think. Can't wait to get punished to the tune of 50 points for another 50/50 decision.
Where's this news from pls?

Going the VC on Grundy this week but which of the dogs get the C? Macrae or Dunks?

Going the VC on Grundy this week but which of the dogs get the C? Macrae or Dunks?
I've had Macrae Rd1&2 and was going Rd3 but Calvin's Captain has him #1 which is cursed so i'm going Dunkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back