Position 2021 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

One left of centre could be Burton. Two injury affected games last year (including a 0). Then he came back later in the season and was on 80 odd at half time before he didn’t come back for the rest of the game/year I think. Massive mark kick game to him. Priced well below what he can produce

I'd love to say yes to this, but his legs are made of overcooked spaghetti.

Currently have McDonald/Daniel/Williams/Milera/Young/Bianco

Thinking about downgrading Daniel to Sholl (or maybe a swap of Milera > Sholl). He scored well in the games he played and has DEF/MID, but might be a bit risky, thoughts?
I think there is better out there then Sholl but a risk could pay a dividend, depends if you make up for it elsewhere

Currently have McDonald/Daniel/Williams/Milera/Young/Bianco

Thinking about downgrading Daniel to Sholl (or maybe a swap of Milera > Sholl). He scored well in the games he played and has DEF/MID, but might be a bit risky, thoughts?
I think there is better out there then Sholl but a risk could pay a dividend, depends if you make up for it elsewhere
When Scholl comes in at the same price as Tom Green, I just couldn't do it.
Scholl's AVG inflated by 2 good weeks but still numerous very low scores.
The below similarly priced are options to Scholl @ $452k
Def - Caleb Marchbank $301k
Def - Hayden Young $337k
Def - Isaac Cumming $355k

Fwd but will likely get Def status rd6,
Nick Hind $409k

When Scholl comes in at the same price as Tom Green, I just couldn't do it.
Scholl's AVG inflated by 2 good weeks but still numerous very low scores.
The below similarly priced are options to Scholl @ $452k
Def - Caleb Marchbank $301k
Def - Hayden Young $337k
Def - Isaac Cumming $355k

Fwd but will likely get Def status rd6,
Nick Hind $409k
Is Sholl's average inflated or is it unders? My understanding was Sholl played out of position to start then got the wing spot those last two games where his scoring spiked. I didn't watch all the games though so just going off what I've read on the crows board

What do we think we can expect from Witherden this year? Is he a best 22 every week type who can push the 95-100 ave?

WCE defenders seem to score reasonably well and would like him in but don’t want to make too many changes only for him to then not make the team
I'm bullish on him but also think he may need to force his way in. That could be with a ripper pre-season, or it could be in round 2/3/4/5 type thing. Hard to say. I think he is best 22 every day of the week it's whether the team selectors think that in round 1. More than likely he plays from the onset though just have a back up plan in case he doesn't get selected.

From a points scoring point of view, not many negatives going against him here. Brisbane don't exactly have a high possession / chip it round defence style and he still scored well there. Can only see positives if he slots into our backline. All things said, if Duggan shifts to midfield like he did at the back end of last year, then it means Witherden has the spot to lose

Last edited:
Who have eagles lost from their best 22?

I think hes a fringe player at the eagles similar to what he was at the lions.

Im thinking the 4 small defenders are Hurn, Shep, Duggan and Nelson (Cole unlucky) 3 talls Gov, Barass and Brander in a new role down back.

Kelly, Yeo, Shuey, Sheed onball. Gaff, Redden wings. Nic Nat ruck.

Darking, Kennedy, O.Allen talls fwd. Ryan, Cripps, Waterman and Ah Chee/J.Cameron/Petr

There might well be a wing spot open for him or a Duggan/Nelson to push up as the rotating wingmen off the bench and he alots in down back.

Are we sleeping on Tom Stewart? Averaged 102 without his injury score

107 from his last 9, looked Lloyd like with the space he was finding

Good unique

Im basically only looking at Doc, Z.Williams, Whitfield, T.Stewart, Laird as the premo defenders. I also think Mills will be very good again.

I actually think T.Stewart went better when Tuohy moved to a wing/HBF and stopped taking any kick ins leaving that to Stewart

Good unique

Im basically only looking at Doc, Z.Williams, Whitfield, T.Stewart, Laird as the premo defenders. I also think Mills will be very good again.

I actually think T.Stewart went better when Tuohy moved to a wing/HBF and stopped taking any kick ins leaving that to Stewart
Laird is almost a lock if playing mid again, but if it looks like he’s going to HB line again, I’ll take Stewart over him as he’s slightly better value

I also don’t mind Crisp. Could get midfield time without Treloar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird is almost a lock if playing mid again, but if it looks like he’s going to HB line again, I’ll take Stewart over him as he’s slightly better value

He will be onball i dont think theres any doubt about that regards Laird

Laird will play midfield again ....rotating / resting in DEF, same as his last 6-7 games

Who have eagles lost from their best 22?

I think hes a fringe player at the eagles similar to what he was at the lions.

Im thinking the 4 small defenders are Hurn, Shep, Duggan and Nelson (Cole unlucky) 3 talls Gov, Barass and Brander in a new role down back.

Kelly, Yeo, Shuey, Sheed onball. Gaff, Redden wings. Nic Nat ruck.

Darking, Kennedy, O.Allen talls fwd. Ryan, Cripps, Waterman and Ah Chee/J.Cameron/Petr

There might well be a wing spot open for him or a Duggan/Nelson to push up as the rotating wingmen off the bench and he alots in down back.
Been confirmed brander won’t be getting a new role down back like we are all hoping for. Means Rotham likely has that role and highly likely Duggan goes to midfield and Witho comes in. Especially if we are missing Yeo. Duggan showed he can play that mid role when Yeo missed back end of last year. I think a lot of us are hoping redden gets phased out at this stage

Wayno, can you give us a rough idea on the 22? I like the look of Sholl at his price over someone like Milera who’s an injury waiting to happen
Sholl should command a wing ....Milera off HB in a run & carry role Nicks like along with Hamill who'll play HB

Have to remember Milera signed a 5 year Contract in 2020 ...that's the regard he's held in .....and how many Fantasy players have had early career injury issues to become great Fantasy scorers ....Adams, Higgins, Setterfield, Devon Smith & co

2 Rookies to keep tabs on Sam Berry (early) and a Pedlar, who'll be a Fantasy beast..... but likely 2nd half of the season

Sholl should command a wing ....Milera off HB in a run & carry role Nicks like along with Hamill who'll play HB

Have to remember Milera signed a 5 year Contract in 2020 ...that's the regard he's held in .....and how many Fantasy players have had early career injury issues to become great Fantasy scorers ....Adams, Higgins, Setterfield, Devon Smith & co

2 Rookies to keep tabs on Sam Berry (early) and a Pedlar, who'll be a Fantasy beast..... but likely 2nd half of the season
Thanks mate. Will Schoenberg play ? And if so does he get into that midfield or more of a HFF with spurts?

Been confirmed brander won’t be getting a new role down back like we are all hoping for. Means Rotham likely has that role and highly likely Duggan goes to midfield and Witho comes in. Especially if we are missing Yeo. Duggan showed he can play that mid role when Yeo missed back end of last year. I think a lot of us are hoping redden gets phased out at this stage
Whats Brander doing? I didnt think they were continuing with him as a midfielder?

I just dont see anyone to go past Redden at the moment and Yeo will play round 1 unless of a hiccup from here which has a decent chance of occuring of course

Did he actually spend anytime back in those last 4 games? I dont think i remember seeing him there. I think once it was a full transition he didnt play back
Laird was picking up possessions in DEF .....it's hard to tell on TV if he's doing that as a mid falling back, or rotating as a DEF

It's so rare to see a Crows mid in def, i assume it was a rotation ....but those sightings in the def 50 were very brief

Not a chance he plays anywhere but as a MID this season .....so many DEF options to come in who need to play

Nicks has said Laird is the best 2 mtr player at the club ....that is his ability to swoop on that loose ball

Are we sleeping on Tom Stewart? Averaged 102 without his injury score

107 from his last 9, looked Lloyd like with the space he was finding
If Whitfield looks a bit slow in pre-season or has a bad role or if Laird moves back to def full time, I'll go down to Stewart.
My defenders are currently Whit, Laird, Williams, Milera, L.Young, Gould and I really like this setup currently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back