Position 2021 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Throwing another *$500k FWD into the mix.:think:
Wouldn't go for this one.

Highest fantasy score still achieved in his first season I think, and hasn't tonned up since then.
I know Bris have deprived him of mid time and as a younger player, you've gotta work your way in but not sure he's a better pick than Rozee, Caldwell, Butters at "same" price.
Rayner seems durable so there's that.

Completely agree. My forward shortlist is already as long as my arm and Cam Paigner isn't exactly cheap

Probs won't give him another thought.

Gee, the forward line has gone from no options

tenor.gif

And surely Rozee wouldnt have played if there were any concerns. So makes me think hes fine to go.

Unless its one of those injuries, where playing cant make it any worse

That was the impression that I got (possibly just from a post here, lol), but that it's a "pain management" thing rather than an injury that is likely to get worse. Still makes him a no for me (basically I'm looking for excuses to rule blokes out at this point though).

in other words fu** you campaigner

Yeah sounds more than a little toxic doesn’t it. I guess that answers our question about whether they will give him the midfield time he wants in order to make him stay or just give up on him altogether and play him wherever the hell they want.

Pity because Danger F1 and Dunkley F2 were starting to look pretty good in my forward line. Phillips can move from F3 to F2 now and Dunks can go down to Caldwell to free up some cash I guess

People weren't seriously staring Dunks weren't they

Last edited:
Peoplw weren't seriously staring Dunks weren't they

People were rather narrow mindedly writing him off purely on potential downside (uncertain role) with zero thought to the potential upside (value against previous career high, still averaged 90s last year despite crappy role and injury, clearly in the conversation for top 6).

Now that we have a quote that pours further cold water on his role/standing within the group that upside is diminished and the pick is less attractive.

Hope this clears the reasoning up beyond a rather simplistic statement like “Peoplw weren't seriously staring Dunks weren't they” [sic].

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sounds more than a little toxic doesn’t it. I guess that answers our question about whether they will give him the midfield time he wants in order to make him stay or just give up on him altogether and play him wherever the hell they want.

Pity because Danger F1 and Dunkley F2 were starting to look pretty good in my forward line. Phillips can move from F3 to F2 now and Dunks can go down to Caldwell to free up some cash I guess
ill take him for a third rounder now

ill take him for a third rounder now

Haha you do have to wonder why the doggies wouldn’t try to get the best out of him this year don’t you... I mean it’s win win for them... if he kills it and enjoys his footy then best case scenario he decides to stay, worst case he leaves but his value is even higher. Letting him rot in the forward pocket or the VFL makes you wonder why they didn’t just let him walk this year

Haha you do have to wonder why the doggies wouldn’t try to get the best out of him this year don’t you... I mean it’s win win for them... if he kills it and enjoys his footy then best case scenario he decides to stay, worst case he leaves but his value is even higher. Letting him rot in the forward pocket or the VFL makes you wonder why they didn’t just let him walk this year

It's relatively clear that Bevo is pissed with him, which is annoying - but he still played mostly midfield in the practice game, so let's see how we actually use him in the real season (lockdown defender is my pick !!)

Having said all that - I'm not picking him at F1 yet....

(nor would I trade him at seasons end...)

It's relatively clear that Bevo is pissed with him, which is annoying - but he still played mostly midfield in the practice game, so let's see how we actually use him in the real season (lockdown defender is my pick !!)

Having said all that - I'm not picking him at F1 yet....

(nor would I trade him at seasons end...)

Lockdown defender with the occasional (35%) stint in the ruck. That way in 2022 we might have a $300,000 DEF/RUC capable of averaging 115 :$

Can you get on to Bevo about this for us please Ted? Better still, raise it at the next meeting of the match committee.... cmon I know you’re a doggies assistant coach in disguise. Make this happen.

Why is there no mention of Sidey? No Treloar could mean more midfield minutes, probably split between him, Daicos, maybe Sier. Even if not he's obviously a proven scorer on the wing. No interruptions this pre season I believe. Is it just the price? If so I'm very tempted..

Why is there no mention of Sidey? No Treloar could mean more midfield minutes, probably split between him, Daicos, maybe Sier. Even if not he's obviously a proven scorer on the wing. No interruptions this pre season I believe. Is it just the price? If so I'm very tempted..

I think that question just got answered - off with a tight calf after one quarter....

Geez. I retract my earlier skepticism of Phillips with him playing there. Will have to shuffle to get him F1.
TBF ....is has been raised that Titch and O'Meara still to come back in .....but if Clarko is thinking midfielder :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back