Position 2021 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks everyone for all the advice you've given me over this past off-season. I'm looking forward to my first ever year of fantasy footy.

Here is how my midfield is looking with less than a week to go until rd 1!

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 6.39.00 pm.png

Thanks everyone for all the advice you've given me over this past off-season. I'm looking forward to my first ever year of fantasy footy.

Here is how my midfield is looking with less than a week to go until rd 1!

View attachment 1075980
Now this is only my opinion, but I think pure inside mids won't get the jump that outside players will this year.
I think there is better value than Caldwell, Green, Tyson and Brodie, especially seeing 2 of them could be put in the fwd line.
Secondly, too many mid pricers and as good as Tyson looked, he might play 2-3 weeks as best I think.
Tyson >> Downie
Green >> Powell
Brodie/Caldwell to the fwd line >> Danger
Then spend the extra $300k somewhere else

My midfield is
Zerrett, MaCrae, Gaff, Danger, Drew, Gulden, Powell, Downie

I have Danger in the mids as my plan is to hold Cameron in my fwd line for 4-6 weeks, then put Danger fwd and upgrade Cameron to a good mid

Which premium mids is everyone going with?
Macrae to benefit from return to normal length Qtrs .....Walsh on an upward development trend

Taranto to improve off a poor 2020, and Simpkin a future star and ball magnet

1615607122439.png

Why did everyone go off Sloane and Heppell ?

At their prime they are 105 types. Even in decline (28 and 30 isn't exactly over the hill) they are still 95 type players, priced at 75. Both players have multiple seasons of 22 games in their history as well. Willing to write of 2020 in both cases, and both have had pre seasons.

1615633101653.png 1615633120084.png

At their prime they are 105 types. Even in decline (28 and 30 isn't exactly over the hill) they are still 95 type players, priced at 75. Both players have multiple seasons of 22 games in their history as well. Willing to write of 2020 in both cases, and both have had pre seasons.

View attachment 1076711View attachment 1076713
I'm happily rolling with Heppell, hoping he becomes a defensive keeper in r6. Sloane has only just missed the cut for me due to a tight budget, can't have them all i guess!

View attachment 1076711View attachment 1076713

I'd be surprised if they averaged 95. Going with the younger guys generally seems to work better in that mid price range. I'll take Serong, Rowell and Green in that range.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently of the view that running and kicking players who cover ground will be of huge benefit this year. I'm also expecting defenders to score higher and rucks to score less.

Rory Sloane vs Brad Hill? I'm genuinely torn. I think Hill had a down season and will improve this year but Sloane is priced at 75 and with no brad crouch and in particular no matt crouch he has to be in the thick of things this week.

Ideas?

In all seriousness, once he gets a game he'll be there for the long haul. Has played a mix of mid and back, so might end up a handy dpp with Laird *if* he plays enough games...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back