Position 2021 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we all underplaying Jack Macrae this year? Gone at 115 and 122 previously and probably one of the few Dogs players whose role I wouldn’t expect to change much with Trealor coming in.

Similar to Gaff the interchange cap may again help him as he roams up and down the wings collecting those ever handy +6s.

Hasn’t made his way into my team either at any point but think he’s being massively disregarded.

Are we all underplaying Jack Macrae this year? Gone at 115 and 122 previously and probably one of the few Dogs players whose role I wouldn’t expect to change much with Trealor coming in.

Similar to Gaff the interchange cap may again help him as he roams up and down the wings collecting those ever handy +6s.

Hasn’t made his way into my team either at any point but think he’s being massively disregarded.
The issue is he has a history of sulking when put out on a wing and not really working for the 1/2 efforts etc.
Also WB don't really setup around the contests like WC do, which is what often gives Gaff so many extra possessions.

Personally I think he is priced at what he will avg, so no value

Are we sleeping on the man who averaged in 2018 105 and the following year 88. Had a down year last year for 63.2 but surely that is value there. Last 5 game average of 97, priced at 78! 20 points of value! Sounds good doesn't he?! His name.... Angus Brayshaw :D

Edit: Didnt realise AFL had a little blurb on him at the time of writing it

Last edited:

Are we sleeping on the man who averaged in 2018 105 and the following year 88. Had a down year last year for 63.2 but surely that is value there. Last 5 game average of 97, priced at 78! 20 points of value! Sounds good doesn't he?! His name.... Angus Brayshaw :D
LOL!!! Did pause on his name while scrolling....once!!

I wonder if many of us might pull the trigger on any of the following players if they have good preseason games, as they are so unders!!

Cripps
Prestia
Yeo
Shuey
Jelwood
Sloane

If 3 of those look good it could make for a very interesting midfield structure!!

LOL!!! Did pause on his name while scrolling....once!!

I wonder if many of us might pull the trigger on any of the following players if they have good preseason games, as they are so unders!!

Cripps
Prestia
Yeo
Shuey
Jelwood
Sloane

If 3 of those look good it could make for a very interesting midfield structure!!
Cripps, Prestia and Sloane are the only 3 i am interested in from that group. Yeo would be but i just think he will be too underdone, he will be good value next year.

I’m not touching any bulldog mids. Quite happy to wait a few weeks to watch how things play out. By round ~4, potentially 100k+ saved by picking up, for example, Jackson Macrae whose start to the season may have been poor while adapting to the new midfield dynamic.

I’m not touching any bulldog mids. Quite happy to wait a few weeks to watch how things play out. By round ~4, potentially 100k+ saved by picking up, for example, Jackson Macrae whose start to the season may have been poor while adapting to the new midfield dynamic.
Fair on Macrae who’s priced at 115, would need to go at that plus to maintain his price

if I see Treloar play bulk midfield minutes in the pre season games he’ll be hard to ignore at his price

I've gone Gaff Zerrit and Crouch hoping
Fair on Macrae who’s priced at 115, would need to go at that plus to maintain his price

if I see Treloar play bulk midfield minutes in the pre season games he’ll be hard to ignore at his price
To be fair dunkley played mid all pre-season plus the first 2-3 games then Bevo went nah Libba

That is a very good point
I was looking like a Genius with Dunks then yep, ****ed me hard

Round 3​
Jun 19​
4​
12​
16​
2​
1​
0​
6​
2​
1​
1​
3​
2​
0​
3​
2​
71​
128​
Round 2​
Jun 14​
8​
20​
28​
3​
1​
0​
8​
0​
0​
1​
3​
2​
2​
0​
1​
108​
131​
Round 1​
Mar 20​
9​
9​
18​
2​
0​
0​
2​
0​
0​
1​
2​
2​
2​
0​
0​
59​
67​

Not adjusted i don't think

Duncan really averaged 116 last year including finals and subtracting an injured 11. Four years of 100+ averages, significant discount.
My brain says this is a good under the radar pick.
Say fantasy hq came out tomorrow and said Merrett would get an $80k discount on his average, we'd all pick him right? Basically what we get with Duncan.
Just looked at Duncan a bit further and there’s so much to like. 116 average including finals as you say, HUGE. 10/19 games were scaled 119 or better, so can put the C on him. Low floor, only 3 scores below 100 all season, a scaled 91,89, 83. So 16/19 were 100+. Elite consistency

Just looked at Duncan a bit further and there’s so much to like. 116 average including finals as you say, HUGE. 10/19 games were scaled 119 or better, so can put the C on him. Low floor, only 3 scores below 100 all season, a scaled 91,89, 83. So 16/19 were 100+. Elite consistency
Maybe swap him for Zerrit, just depends what happens with Danger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1610711642787.png

Seven News reported Dangerfield only watched on at training on Wednesday, with the Cats saying the midfielder was “a bit sore in his adductor”.

The upper leg injury has slowed his pre-season but for now Geelong is not concerned about the Brownlow medallist’s availability for Round 1.

I've gone Gaff Zerrit and Crouch hoping

To be fair dunkley played mid all pre-season plus the first 2-3 games then Bevo went nah Libba

Really only came about due to injury aswell

Hurt his foot/ankle which i think severly impacted his return and ability to run out games as a mid.

The issue is Libba is training the house down. I will wait on all dogs. Treloar has played HFF before aswell even thought very minutely

The way im seeing it is. Macrae/B.Smith wing Dunks, Bont, Treloar onball the 4th rotating off the bench Libba and B.Smith/Macrae to HFF

The problem is what it is one week it will be different the following wk.

I likely wont even trade in a dog unless of injury to a mid and a player has a reduced cap

On Duncan. Is there any worry, with the inclusions of Smith and Higgins, that he may see less ball or a rotation of roles? From my understanding he plays similarly to both those blokes
Would have thought Smith and Higgins would play more wing/half forward. We'll see.
He's been elite before with more competition for mid time. And with danger struggling/playing forward more you could argue he's their best mid.

Would have thought Smith and Higgins would play more wing/half forward. We'll see.
He's been elite before with more competition for mid time. And with danger struggling/playing forward more you could argue he's their best mid.
Should never cop any attention either. Only went sub 100 three times, that’s elite. Two of those were 90’s as well

Edit: Didnt realise AFL had a little blurb on him at the time of writing it
His midfield % dropped right off in the last 3 rounds.
I wouldn't think there'd be too many takers for Gus this year with how many mid priced bargains there are under that low $600k mark. (Same price as Heeney)
Huge score if you pick the right one. Sloane & Cunnington could easily start the season with a few tonnes, Heppell 80-90 if fit.

When you sort player pool by price, Cunnington is so far down the list it'll be hard not to pick him if he's fit.
I know some teams can be fantasy irrelevant but someone will be getting the points at North.
Simpkin & LDU could be good uniques.
I hope they pump games into their rookies.

Ive always like Angus Brayshaw cant see why he doesnt become a fantasy relevant gun again in his career but i feel that time might be when Viney is finishing up.

It just seems the chosen 3 dee onballers are Viney, Petracca and Oliver with Brayshaw seeming to be the 4th rotating in there. He just doesnt seem to get enough time there. If Petracca didnt come on in leaps and bounds last year i feel Brayshaw wouldve avg 100+ no worries.

Hes now 4th in line and not many 4th in line onballers score consistently well enough.

His outlier season revolved around melbournes outlier season. Whereas Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Gawn have been able to maintain or improve in seasons that were worse in the wins column.

Still think he could be a fairly prolific wingmen which is where he did alot of his damage in that back two thirds of the season when he went big.

He will certainly be a huge unique and cheap and did avg 115- over 16 rounds in that year. But i said all the same last year and decided against it thankfulky (Well i traded him in and out very quickly)

Ive always like Angus Brayshaw cant see why he doesnt become a fantasy relevant gun again in his career but i feel that time might be when Viney is finishing up.

It just seems the chosen 3 dee onballers are Viney, Petracca and Oliver with Brayshaw seeming to be the 4th rotating in there. He just doesnt seem to get enough time there. If Petracca didnt come on in leaps and bounds last year i feel Brayshaw wouldve avg 100+ no worries.

Hes now 4th in line and not many 4th in line onballers score consistently well enough.

His outlier season revolved around melbournes outlier season. Whereas Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Gawn have been able to maintain or improve in seasons that were worse in the wins column.

Still think he could be a fairly prolific wingmen which is where he did alot of his damage in that back two thirds of the season when he went big.

He will certainly be a huge unique and cheap and did avg 115- over 16 rounds in that year. But i said all the same last year and decided against it thankfulky (Well i traded him in and out very quickly)
They’ve also got Harmes who could easily slot into that midfield too despite him playing defence (dumb). Just too many similar players at Melbourne

What are people’s thoughts on Serong? I’ve seen his name around and he’s currently sitting at M5 as a pod/second year breakout gamble for me. I’m quickly going cold on him however as Hately is 150k cheaper and likely only averages 10-15 points less at most? Starting to seem silly forking our so much extra cash in a year where we all need to be stingy with our starting squads and make every dollar count

Remove this Banner Ad

Back