Teams 2021 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised there isn’t many running the Danger/Dunkley combo. Premium mids available as forwards

I think people are gun-shy with Dunkley due to the mids squeeze at the Dogs.

I've got him though - just looks like a jet when he's out there and is pretty reasonably priced. Also lack of good premo starting options in forwards (3 of the other top 5 are injured) makes it easier to pick him.

Currently rolling:

Short - Docherty - Sholl - Clark - Markov - Young (Highmore, Koschitzke)

Merrett - Dangerfield - Dunkley - Walsh - Taranto - Phillips - Rowell - Powell (Jordon, E. Smith)

Grundy - Witts (Flynn)

Higgins - Hind - Atkins - Warner - Rowe - Bergman (H. Jones, Waterman)

(Hunter)

Bit of a weird set up with three forward premos in the Mids, but those 6 forwards are all juicy and are all forward-only. Might go Atkins-Drew or Markov-Webster later in the week if my bench rookies aren't named and I need to free up cash to get Brockman/Gulden/Downie, but I'd rather not.

So bizarre this year that there is a shortage of good rookie mids, a plethora of good rookie fwds and no fieldable defenders under 300K.

I'm probably the only one on here without Laird - just think he's not quite as good value as Docherty & Short who are both under $700K. Playing pure mid for a bottom 4 team, I'm just a little wary of paying top dollar for him. If he goes bananas you can all thank me for reverse mozzing him!
My team is identical to this bar 4 players. Big tick

Surprised there isn’t many running the Danger/Dunkley combo. Premium mids available as forwards

I'm just struggling with trusting Bevo about Dunkley. I am more inclined to take a chance with some other Dogs

Go ahead and kill me! I just couldn't with the big 3 rucks. ROB was very close but I leaned back to Witts. I did the McEvoy cover pick for Flynn of course. I am scared off of all Bulldogs as well as many of the high priced mids like Rocky, Adams, Oliver (general soreness?) etc, so I decided to just start Neale and go with him as may captain. I figure worst case he starts gangbusters like he always does, so great. I trust Merrett and Gaff to not get hurt (knock on wood). The rest of the team doesn't require much explaining. Rookies will be solidified in the coming 24-72ish hours. Ok, have at it!

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 2.26.34 PM.png

I think i've made mine gradually worse but am losing my mind... please tear to shreds

DEF: Laird, Short, H. Clark, J. Clark, Markov, H. Young
MID: Merrett, Dangerfield, Walsh, Taranto, Rowell, Drew, Powell, Gulden (Scott, Jordon)
RUCK: Grundy, Witts (Flynn, Meek)
FWD: De Goey, Phillips, Hind, Dow, Campbell, Bergman (Brockman, Warner)

40k in the bank...

Had quite a bit of a tinker over the weekend. I know it's not totally ideal at this late stage, but I ended up making a few substantial changes.

Overall I've focused on getting a bunch of those high-potential $330-420k players (JClark, Markov, Fantasia, HYoung, Drew, Hind). That leaves me with the 5 onfield rookies who I have the most confidence in. And I think there's value in all my premos, apart from Merrett and Macrae who are worth paying full-price for. Still have $84k in the kitty.

The main changes over the weekend:

OUTS:
Witherden & Rowell - still think they'll both be good this year, but they're the two that I most want to get another look at to see how they start the year. And with that remark from Simmo about Witho still fighting for his spot (which I find hard to believe, but still) - can't go into the Sunday not being 100% sure he'll line up.

Butters - again, think he'll be very good. But his price point was the easiest to make way for others, and I already have a few Port players.

Walsh - this was a tough drop, but I prefer keeping the value of Taranto and Serong. So he gets upgraded to an uber premo.

INS:
JClark & Drew - want to start with these guys while they've got this early opportunity to lock down a place in the 22. Both have high ceilings for their price tags.

Danger - I've been ignoring him all summer. The only real logical reason was cos of Geelong's resting policy - and maybe I just don't really like him that much. But he's a top 2 fwd and a chance to go bang in round 1, so here we are.

Macrae - sure, there's the Bevo factor. But I've already got Dunks, so why not go all-in on the Dogs. There'll be plenty of Fantasy points to go around (touch wood).

Team 16 March.JPG

Go ahead and kill me! I just couldn't with the big 3 rucks. ROB was very close but I leaned back to Witts. I did the McEvoy cover pick for Flynn of course. I am scared off of all Bulldogs as well as many of the high priced mids like Rocky, Adams, Oliver (general soreness?) etc, so I decided to just start Neale and go with him as may captain. I figure worst case he starts gangbusters like he always does, so great. I trust Merrett and Gaff to not get hurt (knock on wood). The rest of the team doesn't require much explaining. Rookies will be solidified in the coming 24-72ish hours. Ok, have at it!

View attachment 1078007
I like it cause it's a similar team to mine. Except I'm fielding two rookie rucks instead of one in favour of an extra premo mid.

I'd be a bit concerned about having 4 rucks without DPP as you lose a lot of the flexibility that the utility provides in swapping players between lines. Also, I'd look at getting someone with DEF DPP on a different line so that if things go bad with the rookie rucks you can swap McEvoy in without making an urgent trade.

Two days before the season starts and I've finally got a first draft team. Been a bit slow to get into it this year.

• The rooks are pretty much placeholders until I see teams
  • Lloyd will be dependant on fitness
  • Hughes is a bit of a punt, not 100% sold, but hoping he can be Freo's Chip Scab Lloyd
  • Mids - I might swap out Treloar
I think it's reasonable.

1615857159370.png

Spots to fill in the 36th Chamber.

C64Y76PT

The_36th_Chamber_of_Shaolin_12.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main DREAM TEAM witts version.png

Main concerns are Parish and Serong's role - Will they be getting full time mid minutes? I noticed McGrath didnt have many CBA's on the weekend. Id like to think that chew's into Caldwells time but will it affect parish more.

DEF: Howe, Short, J. Clark, Markov, H. Young, L Young (Highmore, Koschitzke)
MID: Merrett, McRae, Coniglio, Taranto, Prestia, Powell, Bruhn, Gulden (Downie, Jordon)
RUCK: Grundy, Witts (Meek)
FWD: Greene, Phillips, Butters, McPherson, Campbell, Rowe (Bergman, Warner)
UTL: Brockman

18k in the bank...

just left with any surprise rookies announced before Thursday

Interested over the Taylor pick. He'll be KPD is he not?
Yeah well I presume so, but he scored quite well in the one half he played in the preseason game, 44 from 45% TOG. Most of me still thinks that's just an anomaly however he's cheap enough and certainly unique enough to take a chance on. I'm thinking well hoping that with the GWS backline departures he might have the ball through his hands in the backline transition

Hes also been in my team for going on three weeks now and if he went on to average 65 I'd be annoyed at myself for taking him out, so I think I'm committed to the inevitable 40s

Yeah well I presume so, but he scored quite well in the one half he played in the preseason game, 44 from 45% TOG. Most of me still thinks that's just an anomaly however he's cheap enough and certainly unique enough to take a chance on. I'm thinking well hoping that with the GWS backline departures he might have the ball through his hands in the backline transition
Not the worst thought process. After all Corr managed a hot streak to kick things off last season and went through the rood in $$'s. Could be a masterstroke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back