Vent 2021 Fantasy Regrets / Vents .... Oh My !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy with Zerrett

Has the world's biggest flat lines for about 11 minutes a quarter and only sees 74% tog at most.

The best mids play 85% minimum

I'm actually inclined to trade him because of these factors

Stewie Griffin also looks like a big overpay. Day or Riddler look better options

And Mills

Has the world's biggest flat lines for about 11 minutes a quarter and only sees 74% tog at most.

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 7.11.12 PM.png

Not happy?

Last edited:

Not dropping Rowell for Cadwell but already had made too many last minute changes i talked my self out of it.

Just hold. It annoys the crap out of me too but he's still a top 8 mid.
Lucky he had that huge first quarter this week.

Not leaving C on Macrae, thinking about dusty loophole, then thinking its not worth the rookie upside, so popped the old C on Danger, what could go wrong....playing adelaide, might kick 6 and land a 170 base score. even though i have been super sceptical about him all pre season.

Bringing in caldwell instead of sloane, happy with it, but wish i had sloane too.

thinking JDG would bring more upside than his old mate stephenson

last minute short to howe for a POD

on the plus side,
leaving out gawn and grundy for witts and flynn
bringing in harmes instead of Fantasia, it might bite but fantasia should be left to disney world as a rollercoaster i can't handle.
pretty happy overall in top 500 wk 1

Not super mad as I had enough successes,
but here's mine for the week.

Witherden in my side all year, not named.
Ok, no stress, go shopping.
Similarly priced candidates were,
Houston, 82
Byrne Jones, 65
Rich 95
Hunter Clark 91
Hurn 129
(Had $400k also + Witherdens $654)

I went DBJ (and I don't even like him cos he often ignored the open Houston when I've had Houston last 2 years)

Rank 500ish but gee that decision cost me.
Wonder why I picked the one I don't particularly like?
Think it was, good price, A.A last year, plus 96? In pre season game.

If your biggest issue is a guy hitting 111 in Round 1 (who had added attention from Shiels after half time then you've had a very good Round 1, haha)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had this idea a while ago, and I think 4tune8 reminded me about it over the weekend.

The aim of this thread is to go back in time and look at what options we could/should have taken.... And seeing where that leads us... Hopefully, it makes all of us better players next year (although it's hard for me to get much worse). And yes - we are allowed to use current knowledge, so removing or altering injured players before the injury is allowed.

For me, I might try to run through week by week, and keep track of my side and how it could have looked....

My starting side is shown below. Where the hell did I go right, and where did I go wrong ?? Thoughts and comments appreciated !!

Round 1:

Round 1 Side.jpg

My philosophy all year was value value value. Whenever I moved away from that (e.g. trading Parish in over the byes rather than Titch or Zerrett) I failed.

Also, don't reverse trades last minute. I still did it again on Saturday morning and went Guthrie rather than Fiorini I had all week.

I also paid a lot more attention to which rookies to field - don't go for the small forward (e.g. Rowe), go for mids who are playing at home. They generally do better.

If in doubt, go the cheaper player and a tough / easy draw really isn't relevant.

1627282925411.png

Last edited:
Both of our Harry Sharp calls were wrong, sadly. As was the Jordan Clark option. Markov was a good selection who I missed....

Bringing in Fisher and Higgins were bad calls, but the fact I never started with Laird still haunts me. I completely agree with Thetrader15 in regard to trying to find value in every player you trade in. On top of that, next year I need to focus on making less speculative calls.

I also only now realised how much wasted cash I had sitting on my bench to begin with. What was I thinking??

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 6.52.15 pm.png

Bringing in Fisher and Higgins were bad calls, but the fact I never started with Laird still haunts me. I completely agree with Thetrader15 in regard to trying to find value in every player you trade in. On top of that, next year I need to focus on making less speculative calls.

I also only now realised how much wasted cash I had sitting on my bench to begin with. What was I thinking??

View attachment 1187842
The other point I'll do next year is forget names, and go for data.

You'd never have Miller, Wines or Parish if you only went for names.

Last edited:
Starting with Hayden Young over Cumming was dumb, cost me big time.

Ditching Highmore and Bergman when they were first dropped was silly, should have held on to them and traded out others who were less solid prospects.

Definitely should have got in Cunnington or Simpkin when Grundy got injured instead of Cripps, that was a disaster.

Overall I've enjoyed the season though and learned a lot for next year. Mainly around following your instinct and not going with the crowd. It's not the worst thing to give a 'hot prospect' another week to see if he's genuinely a premo rather than just hype. Would have spared me getting in Heeney and Ward (then trading them out a few weeks later) for starters.

Oh and cash gen is king. Right through to R23 - gotta keep those juicy rookies coming through somehow.

Interesting exercise

My round 1 team is diabolical haha

Decided not to go for the Gawndy option - but instead run with Flynn as R2, which would've served me well if Cameron didn't keep dropping him every 3rd game!

Looking back, I probs wouldn't have started with Dow .... plus early injuries to Rowell/Howe/Danger created some forced changes. Dunkley also going down didn't help - and carrying Dusty was also such a burden despite his R1 score if 131. And Phillips started so strongly.

1627295907185.png

After Grundy's horrible start I traded out Gawn to Flynn, not expecting much more than a 60 maybe. Upgraded Caldwell or Rowell to Fyfe, as a placeholder, expecting a 95+. Disappointed with 88 and traded to Dusty next week. Most of the $300+ guys were either in because of preseason form or were past favourites
1627305582667.png

Traded out suspended Danger to Caldwell. The Danger to Caldwell spot was a never ending injury trade. Biggest mistake was not taking Walsh at the start. Bringing in Dusty. Starting Clark. Not picking Cummings because he was horrible last year after a great preseason, and surely Whitfield was coming back any week? Traded Short & Flynn to Gawn after a couple weeks of Flynn being out and fielding Meek or Treacy 20s. Not getting Walsh or Steele or Wines when they were affordable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back