Position 2021 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall priced at 96.6 achieved 14 times in 52 games @ 27%

Witts priced at 80.5 achieved 58 times in 119 games @ 49%

ROB priced at 108.4 achieved 8 times in 37 games @ 22%

Goldy priced at 99.5 achieved 70 times in 251 games @ 28%

NicNat priced at 85.5 achieved 57 times in 183 games @ 31%

Lycett priced at 82.5 achieved 36 times from 108 games @ 33%

So as you can see Witts represents very good value.
Mate this is awesome. Would you do this for other positions too?

You could, but I have a feeling that if I answered you I would be spending the next few weeks of my life fielding other requests.

And at the moment I just don’t have that time.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Interesting numbers but unfortunately they don't show enough info to select someone on these alone.
An example would be NicNat and Lycett who have played plenty of games sharing the ruck but in the past 2 years have played solo ruck far more, whereas Grundy, Gawn, Witts and ROB have played solo ruck most of their careers.

2018 and 19 numbers are about the best info we have.
For mine Grundy, Witts and Pruess present value, Hickey slightly less so.
I think ROB and Gawn are pretty much maxed out.

Good choice of names, one of which will surprise you. Have two of these currently in my starting 18.

Give me a few minutes and I will get back to you.

By the way, you listed Witts twice.
Haha my bad sorry mate

Thank you mate

Im liking the idea of witts and Preuss

Thank you mate

Im liking the idea of witts and Preuss
The problem with Witts is that he’s pretty laborious around the ground. Certainly was last year but obviously not at 100% but still struggled to get a mark, kick or tackle like other rucks can. Be interesting to see if he could recapture his 2019 form.

Marshall locked for me, probably in the forward line. Nankervis Witts, Hickey, Preuss all in strong contention. Not even considering Grundy or Gawn. I'm gonna predict O'Brien as the top scoring ruck this year though.

Great work mate. Witts has been very tempting for me but there’s too much value this year in guys like Nank, Preuss .etc. who I think I’ll be sticking with

The problem with Witts is that he’s pretty laborious around the ground. Certainly was last year but obviously not at 100% but still struggled to get a mark, kick or tackle like other rucks can. Be interesting to see if he could recapture his 2019 form.
He had 3 surgeries last year so im keen to see what he is like without the surgeries and the team is improving

Maybe he can do it ****ed if I know

He had 3 surgeries last year so im keen to see what he is like without the surgeries and the team is improving

Maybe he can do it f’ed if I know
Think the GC had less of a slow stoppage game last year which hurt him too. But yeah it's a guy who's gone 92, 93, 104 and is priced at 80. That's value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the GC had less of a slow stoppage game last year which hurt him too. But yeah it's a guy who's gone 92, 93, 104 and is priced at 80. That's value.
He doesn't get much of the ball relies on hit outs and tackles

Can he do it 22 games 90 odd

Witts and Preuss for me

Let's see how long this lasts
I'd love to go two cheap rucks but I don't want to see Grundy go 120 in hos two early Thursday night games and not have the loophole option.
Might change my mind if a really good mid Captain option comes up for a good price, but current starting mids are Adams, Taranto and Titch. ALl poresent value but not 100% solid captain options

I'd love to go two cheap rucks but I don't want to see Grundy go 120 in hos two early Thursday night games and not have the loophole option.
Might change my mind if a really good mid Captain option comes up for a good price, but current starting mids are Adams, Taranto and Titch. ALl poresent value but not 100% solid captain options
Titch is in doubt for R1 shoulder issues after having a reco

Thats my worry i hope they play Cameron more and knock Grundy scoring done

I like McInerney

- His average as a ruck last year is 10 points better than his season average
- His ruck matchups in the first 6 weeks are very good, asides from Grundy
- Rucks at Brisbane (Martin, Smith when he filled in, McInerney) have historically scored well
- At ~$500k, he’s priced well enough to have a quick cash rise and upgrade early
- Projecting Brisbane to continue to be a top team
- Literally zero competition for ruck spot
- Also a capable forward when resting there

I like McInerney

- His average as a ruck last year is 10 points better than his season average
- His ruck matchups in the first 6 weeks are very good, asides from Grundy
- Rucks at Brisbane (Martin, Smith when he filled in, McInerney) have historically scored well
- At ~$500k, he’s priced well enough to have a quick cash rise and upgrade early
- Projecting Brisbane to continue to be a top team
- Literally zero competition for ruck spot
- Also a capable forward when resting there
Big O will be a big improver this year I think. Good price but it took going down to Hickey to really do something with the money. (I've tried all sorts of combinations)

Hickey is a capable solo ruck, sadly even lead the Eagles clearances in a few games as he is quick to get boot to ball, Generally a good shot on goal, holds his own in hitouts, hard to get mad at, super cheap for someone in line to be his team's first choice ruck.

I'm back to Grundy/Preuss/De Koning today after having Hickey for a week at R1. :D

TDK at R3 unless a cheaper option pops up.
Fullarton seems the only $170k option with Comben injured?

Hawks might contemplate Brooksby fwd/ruck $208k if they still dont know what they're doing with Mcevoy fwd/back/ruck & Ceglar + with Jon Patton out for now.

Thilthorpe has handy DPP but I doubt anyone will pick him at $268k if he's not named round 1.

Big O will be a big improver this year I think. Good price but it took going down to Hickey to really do something with the money. (I've tried all sorts of combinations)

Hickey is a capable solo ruck, sadly even lead the Eagles clearances in a few games as he is quick to get boot to ball, Generally a good shot on goal, holds his own in hitouts, hard to get mad at, super cheap for someone in line to be his team's first choice ruck.

I'm back to Grundy/Preuss/De Koning today after having Hickey for a week at R1. :D

TDK at R3 unless a cheaper option pops up.
Fullarton seems the only $170k option with Comben injured?

Hawks might contemplate Brooksby fwd/ruck $208k if they still dont know what they're doing with Mcevoy fwd/back/ruck & Ceglar + with Jon Patton out for now.

Thilthorpe has handy DPP but I doubt anyone will pick him at $268k if he's not named round 1.

Read on the crows board Thilthoroe may have pinged a hammy already. Had a few injury concerns last year so I’d expect them to take a slow approach with him to start the year.

Read on the crows board Thilthoroe may have pinged a hammy already. Had a few injury concerns last year so I’d expect them to take a slow approach with him to start the year.
I think this could be a bit of a bust, has a history of soft tissues already hopefully once he settles into his body he will be fine

Anyone rolling with Marshall R1?
Makes more sense rolling with him in the forward line. Only because, how many 350k players in the forward line do you envisage being cash cows? If you have Marshall forward then it means you have Preuss in the rucks earning you coin who’s a guaranteed starter. The best forward mid pricers all seem to be around that 500k mark so quite a bit more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back