Position 2021 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to pass on preuss at that price. Potentially could throw in Flynn as an emergency to cover your bases somewhat
Ill just add him in, is mummy still around

Set and forget would be lovely if we had a bit more money to spend, but my team looks a hundred times better going cheap with Preuss at R2 and spending up elsewhere, so it’s a no brainer for me.

R1 is a little more interesting. Max looks set for a price drop so he’s strictly an upgrade target for me. Grundy was a little banged up for most of 2020 so is underpriced and probably the option I’ll go with... however I am seriously tempted to go with ROB as a point of difference. Love how he goes about it and he should be great again.

Scott Lycett is best value.....capable of big scores

Dont think you can go wrong with Grundy/Preuss or ROB/Preuss looking at the fixtures for both Coll and Adel. Cant touch Gawn at that price.

Having two cheap rucks last year was a nightmare - need at least one keeper IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was going to go Hickey/Pruess combo but changed to Grundy/Pruess which means dropping Lloyd.

The reason I have gone this way is that Grundy has 2 x Thursday night games early and is usually a better loophole C option than Lloyd who only has 1 Thursday night game.
Grundy's Thursday games are against Carlton and Brisbane, both games he should dominate the ruck contests!

The thing about Gawn, who is priced at 123.6, is that he has only achieved that in 26 of his 134 games, or 19%.

Similarly Grundy, who is priced at 113.5 has achieved that in 44 of his 151 games, or 29%.

Nankervis being priced at 72.8 has achieved that in 49 of his 82 games, or 60%.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
The thing about Gawn, who is priced at 123.6, is that he has only achieved that in 26 of his 134 games, or 19%.

Similarly Grundy, who s priced at 113.5 has achieved that in 44 of his 151 games, or 29%.

Food for thought.
I love cheap rucks and hope to run that gauntlet but sometimes it's about paying up for that (almost) guaranteed 100.

You could use that price vs AVG theory all the way down to Tom De Koning. Sure, he won't get you Grundy/Gawn points but he'll likely eclipse what you pay for.

Then it's just a matter of using the dollars for a premo mid and accepting that your points came from there instead of the ruck.

Everyone will be chasing points somewhere.

Could Sean Darcy at Freo hit an 80AVG for his $490k price?
Last 3 of 89 / L5 of 74. :D
Lobb never seems to like rucking.

Similarly Grundy, who is priced at 113.5 has achieved that in 44 of his 151 games, or 29%.

Food for thought.
Excellent post where did you get the data from?

Id be interested to see a few more players

Give me a few names, but not to many, and I can give you the info.
Was just wondering about other Rucks like Marshall/Witts/ROB/Goldy/Witts is that too many just would be interesting to compared the most relevant rucks for this season

Was just wondering about other Rucks like Marshall/Witts/ROB/Goldy/Witts is that too many just would be interesting to compared the most relevant rucks for this season
Good choice of names, one of which will surprise you. Have two of these currently in my starting 18.

Give me a few minutes and I will get back to you.

By the way, you listed Witts twice.

Marshall priced at 96.6 achieved 14 times in 52 games @ 27%

Witts priced at 80.5 achieved 58 times in 119 games @ 49%

ROB priced at 108.4 achieved 8 times in 37 games @ 22%

Goldy priced at 99.5 achieved 70 times in 251 games @ 28%

NicNat priced at 85.5 achieved 57 times in 183 games @ 31%

Lycett priced at 82.5 achieved 36 times from 108 games @ 33%

So as you can see Witts represents very good value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back