Academy 2021 Father/Son Prospects - Nominations are in!

Remove this Banner Ad

I presume you mean the Crows?
Zero chance of that happening I’d think

No, Tex Wanganeen has moved to Melbourne. I meant would Tex potentially qualify as a NGA for another Melbourne based team. Not eligible for Adelaide. Had played some underage football for Sturt before moving to Melbourne, but as Tex would have been in their Metro zone he wouldn’t be eligible for the Crows.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, Tex Wanganeen has moved to Melbourne. I meant would Tex potentially qualify as a NGA for another Melbourne based team. Not eligible for Adelaide. Had played some underage football for Sturt before moving to Melbourne, but as Tex would have been in their Metro zone he wouldn’t be eligible for the Crows.

You need to live in a clubs zone for 3 years to be eligible for the right of refusal part of the NGA, he'd be allowed to train as part of a clubs NGA program but would be an open draft prospect if he doesn't choose to be a F/S selection

You need to live in a clubs zone for 3 years to be eligible for the right of refusal part of the NGA, he'd be allowed to train as part of a clubs NGA program but would be an open draft prospect if he doesn't choose to be a F/S selection

Fair enough. I suspected that may be the case. Just threw it out there as a possible alternative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jen2310 class above was he? or just looked comfortable?
Pretty impressive, I gotta say. Kid looks ready. They played him at high half forward; prob didn't want to throw him into the deep end of the midfield yet. But the way he moves, his clean hands with the ball, his way around goal... geez. he's gonna be something special.

Was telling senior players where he wanted the ball lol Yelling out instructions.

Can't wait to see him play nab league.

eta:

The last video in this post

Last edited:
Read Nick Daicos joined in some Intra-Club at Collingwood yesterday and looked Class Above then most of our Players
If thats the situation it doesnt give confidence about the rest of the list, Even Martin didnt out perform experienced players in his 1st season intra club

If thats the situation it doesnt give confidence about the rest of the list, Even Martin didnt out perform experienced players in his 1st season intra club
Dave wasn't there. I was. I wouldn't go as far as that, but he has some class that you don't find often. But he is a Daicos, so that bloodline is pretty special.

Dave wasn't there. I was. I wouldn't go as far as that, but he has some class that you don't find often. But he is a Daicos, so that bloodline is pretty special.
Training amongst your team mates is extremely different to playing against opposition from other teams where they are more ruthless speciallyagainst new boys not wanting to be shown up. Watching Maurice Rioli jnr gliding around over the punt rd oval is also extremely special and the kid has alot of tricks but we all know these are allowed to be displayed in training and not so easy to replicate against other teams. Daicos will be class as all top 10 players are at that age but it was the remark about making the rest of his team mates look average was a bit over the top.

Jace Burgoyne played a half (first half) in our intraclub trial on the weekend. Got a couple of touches, got to the right places, but he's too slight at this stage to have much of an impact. Unsurprisingly Lycett was able to move him off the ball at one contest, lol.

Jace Burgoyne played a half (first half) in our intraclub trial on the weekend. Got a couple of touches, got to the right places, but he's too slight at this stage to have much of an impact. Unsurprisingly Lycett was able to move him off the ball at one contest, lol.
Port potentials 2021:

2021 - Jace Burgoyne
2021 - Will Francou
2021 - Tex Wanganeen (also FS eligible for Essendon)

im pretty sure its Jase Burgoyne.

Burgoyne’s the top FS prospect for me.

Daics is the most publicised here in Victoria but Jase (and Tex Wanganeen) would have the most runs in the board and are more meritorious.
Didn’t Nick dominate the under 16s national champs? Also the fact he as a year ten was able to force his was into a midfield with Matt Rowell and Noah Anderson both year 12 and Will Phillips year 11.

Training amongst your team mates is extremely different to playing against opposition from other teams where they are more ruthless speciallyagainst new boys not wanting to be shown up. Watching Maurice Rioli jnr gliding around over the punt rd oval is also extremely special and the kid has alot of tricks but we all know these are allowed to be displayed in training and not so easy to replicate against other teams. Daicos will be class as all top 10 players are at that age but it was the remark about making the rest of his team mates look average was a bit over the top.

He is in the mix for the top 3 in this draft. When you look at Horne, Sonsie & Sinn they have every right to be excited.

Matt Rowell was able to do it from day 1. Daicos could be another Rowell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back