Academy 2021 Father/Son Prospects - Nominations are in!

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he'll fall to the rookie draft heh.

In all seriousness, he has done enough to keep his spot up at the top end of the table. No matter if he may have some kind of injury or for whatever reason he isn't playing this week.
Cruel twist, find out he is Peter's nephew, not son.

That would be the one.
Sad how his life sprialled out of control.
Yes, very sad indeed.

Also, probably not as uncommon as we think with players that didn't quite make it or retired prematurely. We only know about Victor's case because of who he is related to.

I guess we all know it is happening, but it kind of feels wrong to announce his arrival before it happens.

I think it kind of feels disrespectful to the whole draft process.

I can see why Collingwood have done it, they need a good news story,

Not a big deal, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we all know it is happening, but it kind of feels wrong to announce his arrival before it happens.

Not a big deal, I guess.

I get what you are saying that it does kind of Suck for the Draft as the Thrill to find out what Collingwood will do is Taken Away with Annoucing that.

Collingwood also did it in 1999 when we had Pick 1 of the Draft and we Announced quite a few months earlier we would draft Josh Fraser.

Pretty much doing the Obvious Really and a Good News Story is what Collingwood need after such a Bad Season and Terrible final 2 Games of the Season

Not a big deal, I guess.
It would have been made public knowledge that he’d nominated as a FS anyway, so the club might as well make it a feel good announcement after the shitty year we had. Hardly disrespectful to the process when the Pies matching a bid under any circumstance was made public last year when we traded our first out…

Not a big deal, I guess.
It’s a bit odd. I guess everyone knows they’ll match but it’s like they’ve accepted he’s going number one. I guess he’s an even clearer number 1 then JUH was last year.

Not a big deal, I guess.

Before 2015, there'd be F/S picks paraded in front of the media by their new clubs.

What the Daicos thing is wasn't a new thing.

It's not the biggest deal, we all know he is going to be bid on in the first couple and matched.
The fact that there is bidding process and he is not technically their player, just didn't feel right.
Prefer they waited.
Can see why they didn't.

It's not the biggest deal, we all know he is going to be bid on in the first couple and matched.
The fact that there is bidding process and he is not technically their player, just didn't feel right.
Prefer they waited.
Can see why they didn't.

Put lot of Pies Fans at Ease.

Plus stop any Jurno's Writing False Stories about the Club possibly passing on Nick.

I just think what we did make sure he goes Pick 1 as North knows we will Match any Bid

Looks like The Age has a new draft reporter, or at least I've never heard of him before.

Anyway he's done a write up about a few of the father/son and other legacy players in this draft crop – legacy as in they've got relatives who played but don't qualify under the father/son rule.

Looks like The Age has a new draft reporter, or at least I've never heard of him before.

Anyway he's done a write up about a few of the father/son and other legacy players in this draft crop – legacy as in they've got relatives who played but don't qualify under the father/son rule.

For those without age subscriptions, any EFC tidbits?

For those who have seen them play - are either Jackson Archer or Darby Scott worth drafting or rookie listing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back