Resource 2021 Finals Ticketing info for all Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's not strictly true because Richo made it quite clear to members in his email last week (that I quoted above) that 'preliminary discussions on AFL Grand Final member ticket allocations are happening and you should rest assured that there will be enough tickets available for eligible members of the competing Clubs to satisfy demand.'

So while the exact priority categories and timing will not be released until after this weekend, Richo is telling us that we ca REST ASSURED there WILL be enough tickets available for eligible members. And that eligibility was signalled in the Grand Final ticket 'guarantees' offered with 1870/Black Diamond and Platinum memberships sold this year, again as I outlined earlier.

No. I think what people want to know atm is, based on their season ticket category, whether they should go ahead and make flight and accommodation bookings on a speculative basis for the Grand Final weekend before either the Grand Final teams OR the ticket allocation parameters have been formally announced.

And Richo's email addresses that specific point where he says:
Travel and accommodation should be your focus at this point.

To spell it out. Those with Grand Final ticket guarantees as part of their season tickets (1870/Black Diamond and Platinum) should be reassured by Richo's email that, barring a covid lockdown, they WILL be able to secure a GF ticket if Port makes the Grand Final and so they should be thinking about what travel and accommodation options (and prices) they now face compared to what they might face next week when the GF teams are decided.

As someone with a Black Diamond season pass I did exactly what I did last year and booked fully refundable flights and accommodation as soon as we won our first final in the hope that we actually make it to the Grand Final.
Have you actually read what all the questions are being asked in this thread? People want to know when, how and what they have to do to get their GF tickets. Great that you have planned way ahead. no everybody has, not everybody can, not everybody fully understands.

And when it comes to the AFL, assuming is a dangerous thing.

Have you actually read what all the questions are being asked in this thread? People want to know when, how and what they have to do to get their GF tickets. Great that you have planned way ahead. no everybody has, not everybody can, not everybody fully understands.

And when it comes to the AFL, assuming is a dangerous thing.

You mean like this post?:

i dont wanna tempt fate as well, but going to book flights

anyone have any ideas on what the grand final ticket priorities will be. I’ve got access to a platinum and gold membership but don’t want to book the trip if I’m not a realistic chance of getting a Gf ticket

Seems to me that this poster and others do indeed want to know what their chances of getting a ticket are so that they can consider whether they should book flights.

Perhaps you should settle down a bit before attacking those trying to help.

You mean like this post?:

Seems to me that this poster and others do indeed want to know what their chances of getting a ticket are so that they can consider whether they should book flights.

Perhaps you should settle down a bit before attacking others trying to help.
Why do you think someone asked about a deposit for a GF ticket?? That was the system used in 2007. So not everyone knows what is going on.

Why do you think someone asked about a deposit for a GF ticket?? That was the system used in 2007. So not everyone knows what is going on.

Take a deep breath and relax. You are arguing with yourself.

You're the only one saying people do or do not know what is going on. You answered the question about guarantees, good for you.

I answered questions asked about what the realistic chances of getting a grand final ticket will be and whether those with a realistic (and guaranteed) access to tickets should feel comfortable booking flights and accom. which our CEO's email specifically addresses.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Take a deep breath and relax. You are arguing with yourself.

You're the only one saying people do or do not know what is going on. You answered the question about guarantees, good for you.

I answered questions asked about what the realistic chances of getting a grand final ticket will be and whether flights and accom. which our CEO's email addresses.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.
I'm very relaxed about getting my GF ticket. But others aren't, and given you are relatively new on here, you will see the anxiety levels rise very quickly post a PF win, despite what the club has said.

I know the image is flipped, but Thurstans's jumper looks weird haha.
They really should have not flipped him or Logan, then rearranged it so everyone in the pic looking would be looking to the right at Butch. Graphic design is my passion.

I'm also enjoying the wildly varying image resolutions they used.

I’m half inclined to fly over just to be on board.
trying to tee it up so those who avail of AIRPOWER end up at the WA supporters prematch function for lunch, where we have tee’d up two massive ex captains 😉

BTW It's a Jetstar flight with approx 165 seats available to allay the fears of those who might think they've hired a clapped out DC-3 with a former crop duster pilot in the cockpit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm we haven't made the granny yet. Are we tempting fate here?

Jeez bit of ammo for footscray.

Pretty sure that former players and supporters thinking ahead of flight and entertainment options IF we make the Grand Final is not going to be useful motivation for the opposition team.

What would be motivation to an opposition would be to arrogantly announce via your media ambassadors that you had pre-booked an extra ticket on your team's flight home after the Grand Final to place the Grand Final Cup.

Now no club would ever be that stupid would they???:D

undercover work

I think your cover's blown.

No. I think what people want to know atm is, based on their season ticket category, whether they should go ahead and make flight and accommodation bookings on a speculative basis for the Grand Final weekend before either the Grand Final teams OR the ticket allocation parameters have been formally announced.

I'm actually quite interested to see how the club handles priority. More and more of their decision-making seems to rely heavily on the assumption that they can treat long-standing (and long-suffering) members poorly because the rusted-ons will never leave. If a bunch of bludgers are allowed to swan in at the last instant and jump to the head of the queue past 1870/BD/Plat members by purchasing a travel package, I won't be surprised, but I'll be very pissed off.

If they were allowed to go they’d have a version, you have to plan those things regardless. Like WEG winners posters.

Got a message today saying that if Port don’t qualify they can still get me to the final with tickets etc.

Erm…Nope!

That's the spirit of a true believer.

Was offered corporate box seating, return flights and accommodation as a gift for a company I was doing work with for the 1998 AFL Grand Final. I had zero hesitation in turning it down for a number of reasons, least of all that I had zero engagement in the outcome.

Attending a footy final as an 'entertainment spectacle' when the team who you are passionate about is not participating has never made any sense to me.

And it's why the idea of corporate hangers on getting seats at a GF ahead of loyal supporters gets me more than a little bit pissed.

Regarding grand final access for our members, you would need to have one of the following memberships. Otherwise, as the AFL run the finals, you would need to go through them for anything else/ booking

• Priority one- Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum (all guaranteed access)
  • Priority Two- Gold members (in a ballot)
  • Priority Three- Silver Members, 11 Game General Admission, Victorian, Interstate

For the past 30 years every time a non Victorian team is in a prelim fans usually start making plans due to the mad scramble that's involved if you do make it. It's the sensible thing to do and it's not going to change the course of anything. Let Footscray fans think we're cocky or whatever. They've never had to deal with this kind of thing, their biggest logistical concern on GF day would be what time to get the train from Sunshine.

Every club needs to be prepared and have things like this in place before GF week if they are a chance of making it

Interesting that our game is on sale a day later…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back