2021 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ha ha ha we havent even played at the G

work experience lass writing articles over the xmas break?
This year we broke our duck against North at Metricon, so I’m giving us every chance at the G.

Are “North’s talented kids” the same ones as 2012 or do they get new ones each year Snake_Baker ?

This year we broke our duck against North at Metricon, so I’m giving us every chance at the G.

Are “North’s talented kids” the same ones as 2012 or do they get new ones each year Snake_Baker ?

Well, they still have that Zeibell kid.

He's going to be a superstar when he clicks...which will surely be any day now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extremely hard draw. Tough double up games... fair enough. But the others hard teams that we're playing only once is all on their home decks. The only team with a harder draw is the Saints (horror draw and NO chance to make the 8).
I don't know. There's only a couple of what I would call hard teams that we only play at their ground. West Coast and Port. And they are both very beatable for us.

In the flipside, we only play the Bulldogs once and it's amazingly at home. Over the last decade I reckon we've played the Dogs at the MCG about as much as we've played North there. And playing Hawthorn twice is good for us. I know they beat us last year but that was the very worst game we played all year.

So Hawks, Giants, Lions, Cats and Saints twice? Could be worse, could be better. Would be nice if the Giants continue to suck
Apart from the Hawks, thats a pretty tough double up group.

We get the team next considered to be the big improvers and flag winners in the Lions, the 2020 next best in the Cats, the top 6 improves the Saints and the Giants who with their talent are always capable on their day.

Id be happy with 15-16 wins, we also play the good interstate sides away which doesn't help.

Apart from the Hawks, thats a pretty tough double up group.

We get the team next considered to be the big improvers and flag winners in the Lions, the 2020 next best in the Cats, the top 6 improves the Saints and the Giants who with their talent are always capable on their day.

Id be happy with 15-16 wins, we also play the good interstate sides away which doesn't help.
I think we'll get 15-16 wins minimum. Of those 10 games that are double ups, none of those sides are beating us twice and at least one of them won't beat us at all. I reckon 7-3 from those at least. Then if we win 2/3 of the rest that's 15 wins. That's enough for top 4.

And I'm being conservative.

Despite everything i still like seeing Snake on our boards. Merry Xmas Snake and keep supporting your loser team in 2021.

Cheers mate, will do. :thumbsu:

34-16 vs Richmond since 1990.

Merry Xmas to you lot also.

Last edited:
The one thing I've learnt after watching footy for nearly 40 years is what is perceived as an easy/hard fixture when its originally released never ends up being that way halfway through a season.

Its why i just have a quick look and move on really, reading other boards pencil in easy 1st or 2nd half of fixtures is amusing. The only thing i care about is how many home games we get and when we get them, from that I think we have done pretty well as back2back champs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back