Opinion 2021 fixture I'd like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep ignoring the 'elephant in the room buddy.

It's your perogative.

So should Richmond get the toughest draw next season? Yes or no?

Nobody outside of Perth thinks "Richmond not having to play West Coast in Perth" is an elephant in the room. I would've thought winning a prelim final in Adelaide against the ladder leaders and winning a premiership after playing 16 straight games on the road was enough to suggest that Richmond aren't bad at this whole traveling thing.

Nobody outside of Perth thinks "Richmond not having to play West Coast in Perth" is an elephant in the room. I would've thought winning a prelim final in Adelaide against the ladder leaders and winning a premiership after playing 16 straight games on the road was enough to suggest that Richmond aren't bad at this whole traveling thing.
But Richmond didn’t have to play any games on the red spot of Jupiter. They were merely all in the same country.

These are your two home grounds no? That affords some advantages, even if it's not the same ones you get in finals

MCG vs Carlton
MCG vs Collingwood
MCG vs Hawthorn
Marvel vs St Kilda
MCG vs Melbourne

Is it home ground advantage when it's you opponent's home ground as well? Richmond had home ground advantage over their opponent in a grand total of 0 games this year. 16 games straight on the road to win a premiership.

Is it home ground advantage when it's you opponent's home ground as well?
Well yes. Did your players sleep in their beds the night before, did they follow the usual routine? Did they benefit from having ground knowledge? There's more advantage playing at your preferred home ground no matter who the opponent. Would richmond be more or less likely to win at the MCG or Kardinia Park?

Well yes. Did your players sleep in their beds the night before, did they follow the usual routine? Did they benefit from having ground knowledge? There's more advantage playing at your preferred home ground no matter who the opponent. Would richmond be more or less likely to win at the MCG or Kardinia Park?

The point is they're playing an opposition team that has the exact same factors applying to them, so where is the *advantage*?

As for MCG Vs KP. Depends who we were playing. If it was Geelong, then the MCG would be a small benefit (It's your home ground too, and you play enough games there that you'd have the routine down, while we'd be largely unfamiliar with KP). If it was Collingwood, then it wouldn't really matter either way because the same advantages and disadvantages would apply to both teams.

Hey.... most of us in Perth don't think its a big deal.

Keep on hearing how good Richmond is. Well then they don't need leg ups with the fixture do they.
Who'd have guessed that this thread would turn into a whinge fest for Eagles supporters?
West Coast aren't entitled to premierships. Like everyone else, they have to earn them. Despite what Eagles supporters obviously believe, the AFL doesn't award premierships to the club who's supporters whinge the hardest.
This year West Coast had much, much bigger fixture leg ups this year than the Tigers have ever had, earning them an undeserved place in the finals. Now they're here whinging that they are entitled to even more advantages, without a hint of irony or self awareness.
Even in a normal year, West Coast get to play all of their home games on their home ground. I'd love it if the AFL would give us what it gifts your lucky mob.

These are your two home grounds no? That affords some advantages, even if it's not the same ones you get in finals
Richmond plays less games at Marvel that Geelong plays at the MCG.
Richmond plays about the same number of games at Marvel that the Eagles play at the MCG.
So by your own argument, the MCG is both Geelong and West Coast's home ground.

Did their opponents sleep in their beds the night before?
Did their opponents follow the usual routine?
Did their opponents have knowledge of the ground?

lmao

I hope they go even shorter quarters and everyone plays everyone else twice

Richmond plays less games at Marvel that Geelong plays at the MCG.
Richmond plays about the same number of games at Marvel that the Eagles play at the MCG.
So by your own argument, the MCG is both Geelong and West Coast's home ground.
Richmond choose to play home games at Marvel, West Coast and Geelong don't chose to play (or get) home games at the MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get Richmond to WA. They haven't played the Eagles in Perth for 3+ years. Always seem to play Richmond outside WA and end up finishing 5th on percentage.

Tigers have had their dream fixture run, 3 flags. Time for them to actually get a tough draw for the first time in a very long time.

Keep on hearing how good Richmond is. Well then they don't need leg ups with the fixture do they.

Oh, and don't worry, Optus is close to exactly the same size as the MCG. Eagles more than comfortable playing at the MCG since Optus was built.
You’ve been getting to play us twice every season while we’ve been a rabble so you can’t really be using the Richmond away game excuse about finishing 5th. Swings and roundabouts.

Will everyone please stop picking on West Coast. You're hurting their feelings.

Now can we get back to the fixture discussion.

Let's just hope they can get some good crowd access to Melbourne grounds next year. Members there have really missed out big time this year.
Talking 25k for boxing day test so fingers crossed it improves from there.

Richmond choose to play home games at Marvel, West Coast and Geelong don't chose to play (or get) home games at the MCG
Be honest, are you Donald Trump looking for a country whose residents are stupid enough to let you in?

I hope they go even shorter quarters and everyone plays everyone else twice
You want 15 minute quarters? Will give all clubs more incentives to give more games to younger players.

I am hoping each team plays 24 games next season. I can live with the dockers hub in WA for 4 weeks then hub in Queensland for 4 weeks then back in WA for 4 games then in Queensland for 4 weeks.

If not.....

I am happy for a 17 game season. 4 games in WA. 4 games in SA vs both SA teams then 2 Vic clubs. 4 games in WA again. Then 5 games in Queensland vs the 2 Queensland clubs and 3 Vic clubs.

No Richmond don't.
On the other hand, Geelong choose to play a blockbuster or two at the G every year, then choose to dog whistle to their entitled and spoilt supporters.
I'm not aware of any home games West Coast don't chose (sic) to play at the MCG.

Fake news vs basic facts

Those border restrictions didn't stop other teams playing in WA did it?

Eagles were scheduled to play at home v Tigers in 2020. AFL back flipped and even tried to make the QLD game a home game for the Eagles. That was at least changed.

So can anyone explain why the Tigers didn't go West in 2020 when other sides did? All very convenient really.
B1ACDE3A-4DB9-4759-AD80-B1B514920464.gif

Will everyone please stop picking on West Coast. You're hurting their feelings.

Now can we get back to the fixture discussion.

Lol.

We dont GAF about arrogant Richmond supporters blowing hot air up each others backsides.

Unfortunately its been all to comon lately. After 30 years of failure its something some of us are only just being exposed to. Ahhhhh, the good old days.:think:;):cool:

Last edited:
Hopefully crowds are allowed back in at a large capacity. Boxing Day Test is planned to allow 25,000 only in, hopefully that number increases in the 3 months that follow.

An extra round where 1-6, 7-12, and 13-18 play twice would make the fixture fairer so that no one escapes a difficult away game against an opponent from the same tier. As it stands they get, I think, four games against each other, so Richmond ends up missing playing the Eagles in Perth (it wasn't corona that stopped that in 2019 etc.). Not singling them out, the Tiges have clearly proved themselves this year as an anyone, anywhere team; but it is one example of the unevenness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back