2021 Fixture out

Remove this Banner Ad

Interstate Games against: Freo, Crows & Melbourne (Not in Victoria). Not too bad. Play the Eagles, Bulldogs, Port & Giants once.

7 games in Victoria including Bulldogs at Ballarat & Geelong at Geelong.

Not a bad draw at all!

Tigers and Cats twice will be tough.
Freo and Suns twice should be a challenge but we should still be good with it.
Pies twice should be an easy victory. It's just the Brodie Grundy Football Club now isn't it?

On my gripe with being drawn to play at Ballarat, again, I don't quite understand why Brisbane, which has the biggest support base in Melbourne of the non-Victorian teams (along with Sydney) is consigned to playing at a stadium that is barely VFL standard where a lot of its fans can't attend, yet the likes of Port and Gold Coast (which would be lucky to have 200 based Melbourne based fans) have their game scheduled in Docklands.

Just a ******* dumb decision and obviously something that Greg Swann didn't raise with the AFL given a number of Melbourne based Lions fans communicated their dismay a couple of years back and were assured it would be spread around. Obviously not.

Ditto, being forced to play an away game against a Melbourne club in NT of all bloody places. :rolleyes:

On my gripe with being drawn to play at Ballarat, again, I don't quite understand why Brisbane, which has the biggest support base in Melbourne of the non-Victorian teams (along with Sydney) is consigned to playing at a stadium that is barely VFL standard where a lot of its fans can't attend, yet the likes of Port and Gold Coast (which would be lucky to have 200 based Melbourne based fans) have their game scheduled in Docklands.

Just a ******* dumb decision and obviously something that Greg Swann didn't raise with the AFL given a number of Melbourne based Lions fans communicated their dismay a couple of years back and were assured it would be spread around. Obviously not.

Ditto, being forced to play an away game against a Melbourne club in NT of all bloody places. :rolleyes:

Bahahaha only popped in today to read your reaction Dylan. Didn’t disappoint.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The Rat game be as we have a few local players as well. Good news story for lead up

2 games against the Tigers and Cats is great.. both the teams who worry us the most.
They be worried about us next year come finals :)

With all due respect to the people of Alice Springs, the Heart of the Nation match can get stuffed. So humid and windy, the ball is a cake of soap and players can't kick straight. There is such a huge wind advantage at times. I have seen enough when the Crows and Demons played this mess a couple of times. Why must we be subjected to this shite. At least we get to see Charlie rev up the locals I guess.

It makes no sense commercially to send Brisbane there to the detriment of a non-Victorian club with the biggest Melbourne support base.
I do not disagree and all the times we played Vic teams in Tassie, NZ or NT again.
You think they get a better crowd than GWS or Suns. Even the big WA clubs not sure many Dockers supporters in Melb
Maybe the club is ok with it as the local boys from Ballarat

We never be happy. Just hope the season happens :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a fairly good fixture. I know we play the Tigers and Cats twice, but games against potential top 8 teams, GWS, Saints, Port and WC all at the GABBA, tips the odds in our favour for those four games, subject to injuries.

With all due respect to the people of Alice Springs, the Heart of the Nation match can get stuffed. So humid and windy, the ball is a cake of soap and players can't kick straight. There is such a huge wind advantage at times. I have seen enough when the Crows and Demons played this mess a couple of times. Why must we be subjected to this sh*te. At least we get to see Charlie rev up the locals I guess.

You're getting Darwin mixed up with Alice. Darwin is humid - Alice is hot during the day and cold at night - no humidity.

I'm not sure why it’s obvious that Greg Swann didn't raise it with the AFL but I'm not surprised you try to make out the club is incompetent. Just because we push for something doesn't mean we will get it.

Last edited:
I am most excited that we play the Tigers and Hawks at the MCG in consecutive games late in the year. Ideal lead up to finals to get some of that MCG experience. Praying for great non-covid restricted crowds.
Would have been nice to have added to that with the game against Collingwood at the MCG in round 22.
But not to be I guess.

Dylan12, as a matter of interest, could you draw up your perfect Brisbane Lions fixture? Only if you have the time.
Minimum 6-7 games in Melbourne and not having to play any Melbourne teams in obscure locations such as Ballarat or NT. I’d be more than happy to be scheduled in Tasmania if required, but not to the detriment of the games in Melbourne.

I think it is only fair to then have a minimum of one game in Perth, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth (in all honesty, EVERY club should have to play one minimum game in every city each year given there are two clubs in each state).

Therefore, as a merged club I’d be more than happy with games in 11 x Brisbane, 1 x Gold Coast, 6-7 x Melbourne (not including Ballarat and away Melbourne clubs selling games elsewhere), 1 x Sydney, 1 x Perth and 1 x Adelaide and / or 1 x Tasmania or Geelong.

I should feel sorry for you - but I don't. Being a Lions supporter all my life, my son and myself have to travel to watch the lions pay. I travel by car then by train which takes about 3 hours to get to Melbourne and then we have travel home again.That game day for us is normally a full day. We go to every game in Victoria we can. You get more games than us Victorians and thats great. If we want to go to a home game in Brisbane that's takes a lot time and expense - flights, accommodation, etc - a full weekend. Fortunately for us we do not have to far to travel to Ballarat and Geelong which is fantastic. I think you you need to get a life and appreciate what we have been given by the AFL. Extremely happy with the draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back