Fixture 2021 Fixture - R19 & R20 confirmed, Saturday twilight (GWS) followed by Friday night footy (Syd)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sure I’m not the only one to observe this, but are the AFL allergic to us having home games against West Coast?

None since 2017, and only one since the late season game in 2014. Seems pretty lopsided.

Worse than Sydney??

Worse than Sydney??
We had home games against Sydney in 2018, 2019, would have in 2020 before Covid ****ed things, and do again this year.

In recent history it’s West Coast by a mile as the worst.

We had home games against Sydney in 2018, 2019, would have in 2020 before Covid f’ed things, and do again this year.

In recent history it’s West Coast by a mile as the worst.

Previous to that I believe we had a very long stretch of Fremantle away trips too.

EDIT: Yep, 7 games in a row at that shithole Subiaco between 2010 and 2017.

Previous to that I believe we had a very long stretch of Fremantle away trips too.

EDIT: Yep, 7 games in a row at that shithole Subiaco between 2010 and 2017.
Around that time we rarely played Adelaide here either.

I’m sure I’m not the only one to observe this, but are the AFL allergic to us having home games against West Coast?

None since 2017, and only one since the late season game in 2014. Seems pretty lopsided.
It's odd, we always seem to get a few teams away consistently over a 4-5 year stretch. Plus the last time we played Melbourne twice was 2005 IIRC

Just reading the Herald Sun this morning - apparently we have the 3rd easiest run home of any team in the AFL...!!
Had a look at the fixture and sure enough - it looks pretty damn good some things worth noting;-

• After this week we only travel interstate for 2 out of the remaining 14 games
  • We play Freo, Sydney & Adelaide in Victoria - all winnable, plus Hawthorn, Collingwood and North (twice) - that's 7 winnable games - or half the remaining games that are definitely winnable..!!
  • We only have 3 definite losses - being the Bulldogs, Geelong in Geelong & Melbourne
All in all we have a very decent run home and with the likes of Ambrose, Caldwell, Draper & Hurley all likely to be available for selection over coming weeks/months we are primed to finish the year strongly and set ourselves up for an even better 2022...

Comon Bombers...!!

Just reading the Herald Sun this morning - apparently we have the 3rd easiest run home of any team in the AFL...!!
Had a look at the fixture and sure enough - it looks pretty damn good some things worth noting;-

• We play Freo, Sydney & Adelaide in Victoria - all winnable, plus Hawthorn, Collingwood and North (twice) - that's 7 winnable games - or half the remaining games that are definitely winnable..!!
  • We only have 3 definite losses - being the Bulldogs, Geelong in Geelong & Melbourne
All in all we have a very decent run home and with the likes of Ambrose, Caldwell, Draper & Hurley all likely to be available for selection over coming weeks/months we are primed to finish the year strongly and set ourselves up for an even better 2022...

Comon Bombers...!!
Ehh. I'd rather not finish 9th-12th again

Comon Bombers...!!
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 16 now released. We got Fri night.

ROUND 16
Thursday, July 1

Gold Coast v Richmond at Metricon Stadium, 7.20pm AEST

Friday, July 2
Geelong v Essendon at GMHBA Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, July 3
Melbourne v GWS Giants at the MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Adelaide v Brisbane at Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Hawthorn v Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium, 7.40pm AEST
Fremantle v Carlton at Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

Sunday, July 4
Sydney v West Coast at GMHBA Stadium, 1.10pm AEST
Collingwood v St Kilda at the MCG, 3.20pm AEST
Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 4.40pm AEST

Looks like we'll be playing Adelaide Friday night next week after the player union rejected a deal that would make Bulldogs vs Sydney the Friday night game. Reason is because both Bulldogs and Sydney have already had a 5-day break this season. Each team can have only one per year.

ROUND 19
Essendon v GWS
4:35pm AEST, Saturday, July 24
Marvel Stadium
Live on Fox Footy

ROUND 20
Essendon v Sydney
7:50pm AEST, Friday, July 30
Marvel Stadium
Live on Channel 7

I don't mind if it's an interstate away game. If it's a venue I can get to I'd prefer it was at a time I can make it... :(
I just hate us having to play off short breaks. Doesn't give the kids enough of a rest between games.

Oh, and playing in primetime when we're a rebuilding side isn't fun either. Increases the pressure and media coverage on us.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just hate us having to play off short breaks. Doesn't give the kids enough of a rest between games.

Oh, and playing in primetime when we're a rebuilding side isn't fun either. Increases the pressure and media coverage on us.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We're going 9-6-6 as far as breaks go, and we're coming off 6-6-7 since the bye. 7-9 gaps one after the other is almost a bye length break in itself 🤣

If we win the next 2 games, the Friday night match against the Swans will be massive. They even bumped Dees vs Dogs for us. Going to be tough for us if Langford and/or Shiel aren't back by then, which it seems they wont be ready for. The load on Merrett and Parish has been enormous. Need Stringer to keep firing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back