Remove this Banner Ad

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The debut of who we thought would be our next gun HBF - Lukas Webb.
Beautiful player Lukas Webb was more of a half forward in the juniors i did not realize he made his debut then, yet another head scratching case of a player who could not quite make the transition to senior football. Went to training twice to watch him train big drive from where i live, lacked a bit of assertiveness within the group, but that was a limited viewing to base that off.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
There’s definitely a section of our support that love the wallowing and the poor me attitude. I’ve had a couple of debates in the social club with some older members who were having a go at the membership guys about there being too many members and too many in the social club. It was about half full. It’s like they actively want us to remain small time because it suits them.
People are naturally scared of change, it’s a fundamental issue in change management.

I know everyone is different and I don’t want to sound too critical but I can’t understand why we would predict a bad season. It hurts me enough having to live through them let alone living them before they happen

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's not quite as simple as that, but this season was a perfect example, WC was the only team we beat in the final top 8 (and they were without Natanui, Hurn, Shuey and Yeo).

Carlton and GC the others that are improving sides, and Carlton handed our asses to us too. GC will be an improved side this season with another year under their belt, and Rowell back.

Look, we certainly have the cattle, do we have the mentality and maturity to be as good as we actually should be?

Nothing definite about any of it. You'd have said we definitely wouldn't get smoked by them by 8 goals in R1 last year, but we were lucky to get that close. We definitely shouldnt have been chopped to pieces by 9 goals to Carlton, or flogged by the Aints by 7 goals, but they DEFINITELY happened.

On our days both us and West Coast are as good as anyone else in the competition. But WC have those days far more often than we do.
Yeah but that’s all in the past I’m not going to live the future by the past

Dont forget we were DEFINETLY not winning in 2016

Btw WC are flat track bullies

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I certainly can't agree more with your last sentence. List IS good enough, for sure and I'd love us to have a good consistent season to show what we can actually do to the competition, but that just doesn't seem to be in our DNA.

And yes, I get your argument also, sure. I do belive the Pies will drop from the 8 this year, but I also believe their year could be similar to this where they start strong and stumble as the year goes on. They'll be determined as all hell Rd1 to show their offseason wasn't a debacle.

I believe the top 4 are locked into the 8 again this year, and I can't see St Kilda dropping out with the additions of Crouch and Higgins. That leaves us and WC (a couple of question marks on them but they'll be thereabouts again) as the other vulnerable ones in the 8. Melbourne, Freo, Carlton and GC could all easily challenge us for these spots.

I pray to every non-existant deity there is that we can put together a season, I'm just saying if we start anywhere near as slow as we did the last 2 seasons our goose will be cooked fairly quickly with this fixture. It's giving a lot of games to the teams we'll be duelling with for the last couple of spots in the 8.
It will be in our DNA more if we drop the loser mentality

As much as I hate the bomber supporter flogs you have to admire their faith in their club

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
There’s definitely a section of our support that love the wallowing and the poor me attitude. I’ve had a couple of debates in the social club with some older members who were having a go at the membership guys about there being too many members and too many in the social club. It was about half full. It’s like they actively want us to remain small time because it suits them.
totally agree. old and need to be told. well done. we have to grow big and powerful. like Real Madrid. arrogant pricks hated by every other shittly little club in the competition. always hated, always winners. TWENTY FIRST CENTURY BULLDOGS. Must have the best values, like the ALL BLACKS. Clean the sheds, always improving, making new leaders out of old ones, teach how to be teachers, no dickheads. that is why the all blacks never lose twice and are the most successful team in team sports. a model to follow.

Yeah but that’s all in the past I’m not going to live the future by the past

Dont forget we were DEFINETLY not winning in 2016

Btw WC are flat track bullies
WC are not flat track bullies.

They CAN be, but they're more than capable of playing interstate these days. And you could easily, with our past performances against them and others, see us as able to be bullied.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WC are not flat track bullies.

They CAN be, but they're more than capable of playing interstate these days. And you could easily, with our past performances against them and others, see us as able to be bullied.
Yeah you could easily if you want to be negative but I’m saying we will smash those FTBs at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back