Prediction 2021 Fixture wishlist

Okay, so we're a bottom 6 side officially, and the AFL said during the week that they plan on having a 22 game season next year so that means we get 2 or 3 other bottom 6 sides, 1 or 2 middle 6 sides and 0 or 1 top 6 side to play twice. For me, I'd prefer:

Bottom 6: Hawthorne, Norf, Gold Coast
Middle 6: Melbourne*, Carlton
Top 6: None

*Pending finals etc.

We haven't played Melbourne twice in a year since 2005, so I think it's time to change that if at all possible. I think, given we didn't travel there at all this year, we're likely to get 2 Perth trips next year if the fixture goes back to normal, but who actually knows what'll happen with that? (I don't think it will but I'm not willing to guess either way). If we get the usual 6 away trips:

2x Perth
0x Adelaide
1x Sydney
2x Queensland
1x Tassie (Surely it's time?)

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
My prediction:

Bottom 6: Hawthorn, North, Sydney
Middle 6: Collingwood, Carlton
Top 6: none

Can we play ourselves? Love to see us win a few games next year

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Didn't the Australia A cricket team beat (or almost beat) the main Aus team around 20 years ago, leading to the dismantling of the Aus A team? I could certainly see our seconds team being a lot more committed.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Didn't the Australia A cricket team beat (or almost beat) the main Aus team around 20 years ago, leading to the dismantling of the Aus A team? I could certainly see our seconds team being a lot more committed.
Dirk Nannes breaking Paine's finger

Wouldn't mind a game or two at the MCG next year
I don’t care where it is as long as I’m allowed to use my reserved seat.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Okay, so we're a bottom 6 side officially, and the AFL said during the week that they plan on having a 22 game season next year so that means we get 2 or 3 other bottom 6 sides, 1 or 2 middle 6 sides and 0 or 1 top 6 side to play twice. For me, I'd prefer:

Bottom 6: Hawthorne, Norf, Gold Coast
Middle 6: Melbourne*, Carlton
Top 6: None

*Pending finals etc.

We haven't played Melbourne twice in a year since 2005, so I think it's time to change that if at all possible. I think, given we didn't travel there at all this year, we're likely to get 2 Perth trips next year if the fixture goes back to normal, but who actually knows what'll happen with that? (I don't think it will but I'm not willing to guess either way). If we get the usual 6 away trips:

2x Perth
0x Adelaide
1x Sydney
2x Queensland
1x Tassie (Surely it's time?)
We are never going to Tassie

Expect to go to Sydney twice.

We are never going to Tassie

Expect to go to Sydney twice.
I think we won't with the Canberra game for pre-season. Very rare for a Vic club to have 3 away trips to the same (or similar) place.

Back