Remove this Banner Ad

Buget

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Sunday, March 7
West Coast v Port Adelaide, Leederville Oval, 4.10pm AWST
so let me get this right.... no Victoria team has to play outside of a regular AFL ground, but both SA teams have to travel to suburban grounds in Perth? So much for reduced travel.

well played AFL, well played..... I suppose making Collingwood play at home at Marvel and Sydney at Giants Stadium evens it all out.

also, how does Carlton get to kick of the pre-season and season actual? I know preseason doesn’t mean much, but first game is first game.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
so let me get this right.... no Victoria team has to play outside of a regular AFL ground, but both SA teams have to travel to suburban grounds in Perth? So much for reduced travel.

well played AFL, well played..... I suppose making Collingwood play at home at Marvel and Sydney at Giants Stadium evens it all out.

also, how does Carlton get to kick of the pre-season and season actual? I know preseason doesn’t mean much, but first game is first game.
With the Vic clubs travelling bugger all during normal seasons, pre-seasons should have them doing all the travelling, allowing non-Vic sides a break before they do all the heavy lifting during the season. VFL though.

Buget

Club Legend
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With the Vic clubs travelling bugger all during normal seasons, pre-seasons should have them doing all the travelling, allowing non-Vic sides a break before they do all the heavy lifting during the season. VFL though.
It does make sense for the SA teams to be playing the WA teams. the travel factor would have been huge for the AFL in planning this fixture. especially because of the games that the WA government is playing with the border.

watch the season actual become a mess again as we hit winter and outbreaks occur, which they will.

if this is the only “rough end of the stick” moment Port get this year, it will be a good year.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Our SANFL Trial Games have been announced.

Trial 1:
Saturday February 27

Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Alberton – 8.30am

Trial 2:
Thursday March 4

South Adelaide v Port Adelaide at Flinders University Stadium – 6.20pm

Trial 3:
Friday March 19

Port Adelaide v Sturt at Alberton Oval – 6pm

Trial 4:
Friday March 26

Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Alberton Oval – 5pm

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our SANFL Trial Games have been announced.

Trial 1:
Saturday February 27

Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Alberton – 8.30am

Trial 2:
Thursday March 4

South Adelaide v Port Adelaide at Flinders University Stadium – 6.20pm

Trial 3:
Friday March 19

Port Adelaide v Sturt at Alberton Oval – 6pm

Trial 4:
Friday March 26

Port Adelaide v Adelaide at Alberton Oval – 5pm
Why are trials 2 and 3 against someone other then Adelaide?!! Surely two SNAFL trials and an inevitable under 23's AFL trial, along with 2 Showdowns isn't enough. We demand more asbestos playing Adelaide.

Rising Power

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jeez that's a massive opener. Should be a good experience for our 2 years worth of draftees to play their first SANFL game away at Nord oval.
Will be interesting, a lot of them not having played together. Hopefully not a repeat of Round 1 2014, Ben Haren kicked the first goal then went downhill from there.

Remove this Banner Ad