Prediction 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be bumping this thread if I wasn’t using squiggle to see what happens again. Here’s this week’s instalment.

0A025FB8-0911-4BB4-BF40-D789213DA00A.png
30B3A29F-20D5-41A7-8C02-9C97D76B373C.png
I have to say I would take this.
It’s a sad state of affairs to be happy with eight wins and 83% but that’s the way it is I’m afraid.

Rounds 11-12 have been released.

Bulldogs and Melbourne open round 11. We play North Melbourne at Marvel in the twilight Saturday match. (At least it’s not Sunday)

The following week we play Sydney at Marvel on Saturday arvo at 1:45.

Fixture is here:
ROUND 11
Friday, May 28
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba, 2.10pm AEST
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium, 4.35pm AEST
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium, 7.10pm ACST
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium, 5.40pm AWST

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG, 1.10pm AEST
Sydney v Carlton, SCG, 3.20pm AEST
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval, 4.10pm ACST

ROUND 12
Friday, June 4
Melbourne v Brisbane, TIO Traeger Park, 7.20pm ACST

Saturday, June 5
St Kilda v Sydney, Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Adelaide v Collingwood, Adelaide Oval, 4.05pm ACST
Essendon v Richmond, MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Sunday, June 6
Carlton v West Coast, MCG, 3.20pm AEST
Fremantle v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

Byes: Geelong, Gold Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide

We are really getting gifted with Saturday games. Love that, best day for footy I reckon.
I’m surprised they didn’t lump us with the Sunday twilight for north. Was sure that would go on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing the Cripple fight with my mate. Making an exception to my “don’t see St Kilda at Marvel Stadium” rule.

Well it’s Monday morning which means it’s time to see what Squiggle thinks of us now.

Ladder:
0F8774F1-DDE8-4BC2-BF07-79CE5694CCC9.png
Fixture:
F699ED90-A630-46CD-9D7C-2D308FAE2242.png

This would also be pretty nice. The three consecutive seventy point losses are pretty mean but otherwise we’re pretty competitive.

Last edited:
Well it’s Monday morning which means it’s time to see what Squiggle thinks of us now.

Ladder:
View attachment 1117611
Fixture:
View attachment 1117613

This would also be pretty nice. The three consecutive seventy point losses are pretty mean but otherwise we’re pretty competitive.

flip the geelong and freo games and that's how I have it. same result too.

i think we need to get an upset to make finals. geelong at marvel would be nice!

flip the geelong and freo games and that's how I have it. same result too.

i think we need to get an upset to make finals. geelong at marvel would be nice!
That would be how I would have it too.

The Essendon loss coming back to haunt us at the end of the season feels inevitable.
I’ve thought that for some time. Leaving the G yesterday my wife said “there we go - you got a bit of revenge on the bombers today” and I said “not really. Revenge doesn’t help us get back the ten percent or so we lost in that game and the Richmond one two weeks later”

I strongly believe that Essendon game took the confidence out of us and with that we dropped our heads when the going got tough the next few weeks. What determines whether or not we are truly back is how we go next time a team does that. I expect Geelong or bulldogs to get the next.

more than anything we need our confidence back.

We're one win and percentage off 5th spot.

If we're good enough to contend, we're good enough to make the eight.

If we're not good enough to contend, it doesn't really matter if we make it or not.
Well said Sully. Couldn’t put it better myself.

what will be will be.

The Essendon loss coming back to haunt us at the end of the season feels inevitable.

Last year we seemed to lift for unlikely wins and go half arsed against some softer sides. We might make it up but really have to nail these softer games in case we get injuries later.

Okay Monday has come around again as Rick Davies once sang.

So it’s time to check in with Squiggle.

This week it has us predicted at anywhere from 9-14 which us and improvement of one place this year.

serious question guys: would you prefer to scrape into finals and get thumped by a Brisbane or west coast (for example) in the first week or just miss out?

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you make finals it’s better to get that experience even if you’re taught a footballing lesson. And I’m not saying the two choices are: make finals or not it’s make finals and get belted by over ten goals or not make finals. So it’s more of a hindsight decision. I’d take the former. Even when north got destroyed by west coast or Adelaide or whoever the * it was the year we missed finals because Andrew Stephens can’t Work out how far 15 metres is I thought “well at least they made it” - I dunno. Maybe I’m alone in that thought.

Okay so Squiggle time.

Ladder predictor says this:

0F04BF37-5CC6-4852-9418-E8FD3065177B.png

And as usual we check how we went round by round:

D632306E-0657-4B95-88E9-0DB546A7B5D0.png

Okay here’s the stupid thing with Squiggle. Sometimes it marks a win as a loss if it’s one point (not every time though) so according to the scores we actually beat Freo in round 22. This means we finish 9th due to the Essendon loss. Apart from two thrashings by Geelong and a belting from the dogs looks like we remain competitive so once again I will take this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week it has us predicted at anywhere from 9-14 which us and improvement of one place this year.

serious question guys: would you prefer to scrape into finals and get thumped by a Brisbane or west coast (for example) in the first week or just miss out?

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you make finals it’s better to get that experience even if you’re taught a footballing lesson. And I’m not saying the two choices are: make finals or not it’s make finals and get belted by over ten goals or not make finals. So it’s more of a hindsight decision. I’d take the former. Even when north got destroyed by west coast or Adelaide or whoever the fu** it was the year we missed finals because Andrew Stephens can’t Work out how far 15 metres is I thought “well at least they made it” - I dunno. Maybe I’m alone in that thought.

Okay so Squiggle time.

View attachment 1123315

View attachment 1123317

Okay here’s the stupid thing with Squiggle. Sometimes it marks a win as a loss if it’s one point (not every time though) so according to the scores we actually beat Freo in round 22. This means we finish 9th due to the Essendon loss. Apart from two thrashings by Geelong and a belting from the dogs looks like we remain competitive so once again I will take this.
Would definetly rather sneak into finals and get thumped than not make it at all.

The experience playing in those types of games is invaluable, financially it probably helps the club and we'd still get the middle 6 fixture the following year so no real down side at all.

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you make finals it’s better to get that experience even if you’re taught a footballing lesson. And I’m not saying the two choices are: make finals or not it’s make finals and get belted by over ten goals or not make finals. So it’s more of a hindsight decision. I’d take the former. Even when north got destroyed by west coast or Adelaide or whoever the fu** it was the year we missed finals because Andrew Stephens can’t Work out how far 15 metres is I thought “well at least they made it” - I dunno. Maybe I’m alone in that thought.

Okay so Squiggle time.

View attachment 1123315

View attachment 1123317

Would definetly rather sneak into finals and get thumped than not make it at all.

The experience playing in those types of games is invaluable, financially it probably helps the club and we'd still get the middle 6 fixture the following year so no real down side at all.
exactly my point. If we scraped in and got thumped at least we get experience and the middle six fixture (which netted bulldogs two cracks at north and Gold Coast and only port twice of the top four)

makes us attractive to free agents etc too. Probably worth 10,000+ in membership differential if we make finals.

Definitely make finals. Experience is cumulative, sides like the Dees this year will benefit from their campaign in 2018. Back to back finals, even though this clearly isn't our year, will see us in good set for another tilt soon.

Personally though I see us winning 6 more games so 10-12. Not ideal but I'd take it given our start. Important thing I think is to keep the season alive as long as possible.

Last edited:
Definitely make finals. Experience is cumulative, sides like the Dees this year will benefit from their campaign in 2018. Back to back finals, even though this clearly isn't our year, will see us in good set for another tilt soon.

Personally though I see us winning 6 more games so 10-12. Not ideal but I'd take it given our start. Important thing I think is to keep the season alive as much as possible.
I think we can win anything from 8-12 for the season - 8 includes likely wins over North, Sydney, Adelaide and Freo, 12 includes Carlton Freo Collingwood and perhaps a return win against Sydney.

Limit the damage over this next fortnight and then we need to be absolutely ruthless when playing North. Go into it with the same mindset as we did with Hawthorn - lets get the game on our terms early and take them out of the contest and then dominate from there to get a big win on the board. I really want to be 7-6 or better when we get to
the bye.

Interestingly I think RATTAN'S first real year 2008 at the blues resulted in 10 or so wins then his second real year netted 13 wins, ...the chances of History repeating are slim but 13 would be nice but highly improbable, It might suggest that in 2023 we might crescendo!

[

Year by Year Coaching Record​
YearTeamGamesWinsLossesDrawsWin %
2007​
6​
0​
6​
0​
0.0%​
2008​
22​
10​
12​
0​
45.5%​
2009​
23​
13​
10​
0​
56.5%​
2010​
23​
11​
12​
0​
47.8%​
2011​
24​
15​
8​
1​
62.5%​
2012​
22​
11​
11​
0​
50.0%​
2019​
6​
3​
3​
0​
50.0%​
2020​
19​
11​
8​
0​
57.9%​
2021​
8​
4​
4​
0​
50.0%​

To get to thirteen we need to win all these games against teams I believe to be at or below our level:
North - round 11
Sydney - round 12
Adelaide - round 13
Collingwood - round 16
Carlton - round 20
Sydney - round 21
Fremantle - round 23

That’s 11.

this means we would need TWO upsets against the following:

geelong - round 9
Bulldogs - round 10
Richmond - round 15
Brisbane - round 17
Port - round 18
West coast - round 19
Geelong - round 22

maybe the port game given its at marvel but which other one do we get?

To get to thirteen we need to win all these games against teams I believe to be at or below our level:
North - round 11
Sydney - round 12
Adelaide - round 13
Collingwood - round 16
Carlton - round 20
Sydney - round 21
Fremantle - round 23

That’s 11.

geelong - round 9
Bulldogs - round 10
Richmond - round 15
Brisbane - round 17
Port - round 18
West coast - round 19
Geelong - round 22

Maybe West Coast??? But the whole thing is huge ....yeah ..If it was wow would we be amazi.....naah nup forget it We're ****ed!

North - round 11
Sydney - round 12
Adelaide - round 13
Collingwood - round 16
Carlton - round 20
Sydney - round 21
Fremantle - round 23

That’s 11.

geelong - round 9
Bulldogs - round 10
Richmond - round 15
Brisbane - round 17
Port - round 18
West coast - round 19
Geelong - round 22

Dog missing Martin and English would give us a chance to use our rucks to get on top of them.

North - round 11
Sydney - round 12
Adelaide - round 13
Collingwood - round 16
Carlton - round 20
Sydney - round 21
Fremantle - round 23

That’s 11.

geelong - round 9
Bulldogs - round 10
Richmond - round 15
Brisbane - round 17
Port - round 18
West coast - round 19
Geelong - round 22

More importantly if we lose any of the aforementioned seven (highly likely on current form) we need to win one extra of the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back