Prediction 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep it is a particularly difficult fixture for us. The double ups are brutal, seven interstate trips + a trip down the highway which is as tough as an interstate trip. It's not to say we can't have a good season, but we're going to need to improve again. 12 games at Marvel compared to 15 that were scheduled last year.
If we can make finals with this fixture, then we have truely earned it. It's exceptionally difficult. We might not finish any higher on the ladder, but we will have to improve a lot of make finals with what we have been given.

Even our travelling is difficult. I know we need money, but I just hate playing home games interstate. Takes what should be an easy win against Adelaide at Home into a more even game playing at a ground and in conditions we aren't use too. Growth will be just not screwing that up! And even though we won last time, we seem to always struggle against Gold Coast at Metricon so that will be difficult as well. Brisbane at the Gabba is always a challenge. GWS should be better at home. We haven't won a the SCG in a long time so thats going to be a challenge too. Geelong in Geelong always sucks so we have to make sure we beat them at Marvel to even that out.

The flip side is even though we have to play West Coast and Port both at their home grounds, at least we only make those trips once. We also have some FTA games in the first 6 rounds which is a HUGE step forward for us. And with our double ups, no reason we cant beat all 5 teams at Marvel Stadium. It is just the away trips I have little confidence in.

If we can make finals with this fixture, then we have truely earned it. It's exceptionally difficult. We might not finish any higher on the ladder, but we will have to improve a lot of make finals with what we have been given.

Even our travelling is difficult. I know we need money, but I just hate playing home games interstate. Takes what should be an easy win against Adelaide at Home into a more even game playing at a ground and in conditions we aren't use too. Growth will be just not screwing that up! And even though we won last time, we seem to always struggle against Gold Coast at Metricon so that will be difficult as well. Brisbane at the Gabba is always a challenge. GWS should be better at home. We haven't won a the SCG in a long time so thats going to be a challenge too. Geelong in Geelong always sucks so we have to make sure we beat them at Marvel to even that out.

The flip side is even though we have to play West Coast and Port both at their home grounds, at least we only make those trips once. We also have some FTA games in the first 6 rounds which is a HUGE step forward for us. And with our double ups, no reason we cant beat all 5 teams at Marvel Stadium. It is just the away trips I have little confidence in.
I think we just need to treat our interstate matches as a mini challenge in and of itself just like we did this year. At least we avoid going to the NT and Tassie.
Also can't remember the last time we played back to back games at the G so looking forward to that too!

I think we just need to treat our interstate matches as a mini challenge in and of itself just like we did this year. At least we avoid going to the NT and Tassie.
Also can't remember the last time we played back to back games at the G so looking forward to that too!
We showed it this year we can match it with Brisbane at the Gabba and beat Port in Adelaide, so we should have some confidence going into those games.

I'm glad we have GWS at the start of the season before they have really sorted out their forward structure. And Preuss will be rucking solo for the first time in a long time, so hopefully Ryder can give him an early season lesson. Will hopefully even out the home ground factor a little bit.

Yeah we’ve been shafted pretty hard for some reason. Although they finished 3 spots higher than us Port don’t play any top 4 team twice.

Part of how unfair the compulsory two Interstate crosstown games each year are . Port get an extra easier game v Crows, WCE ditto v Freo and Bris v GCS

i thought they were only going to advise us of the 1st six rounds.?
The time slots have only been locked in for the first 6 rounds. But we know the match ups and the weeks they will be played for the entire season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't honestly care about the severity of the double ups as a good team will overcome it and we are that good team.

However i would like to point out from last years final eight,

Saints play FOUR other teams
Bulldogs play TWO
Rest play three.

Did Steve Hocking or a doggies supporter make the draw? A numbskull or bias my only conclusions.

Would not be hard to amend. Dogs take one of ours for theirs.

Situation resolved.

Hmmm in 2017 I think we had the toughest draw and we only JUST missed the finals - conversely in 2018 we had a piss easy draw and we finished bottom three or four or some s**t.

My point is - let's wait and see just how these double up teams actually perform once the real s**t starts....

My point is - let's wait and see just how these double up teams actually perform once the real sh*t starts....
This is true ...Some of those teams may have a form slump this season ..maybe the week we play them they could have important players out with suspension or injury .. we might get a lucky run with the umps ... who knows what could happen ..it would be great to have an easier draw but it is what it is.

Every year the makeup of the 8 changes, so getting distressed about playing the top teams of the previous year is usually unfounded. Maybe some of the other top teams of 2020 are just a tad worried about playing us twice next year. I can't wait to play the stronger teams of 2020, the sooner we work out how to beat them the sooner the ultimate success will come for us.

Death, Taxes and footy fans whinging about the fixture.

EFA

Not a dig at you puppy_dog7, just disappointing reading a lot of crying posts, however inevitable it was.

We knew a hard fixture was coming. We need to test our group. It's perfect.

As for the whens and wheres, nothing is sure with the pandemic right now, if there is even a footy season next year I'll take that as a win.

We saw this year how nothing is certain and everything can change in the blink of an eye, so it's just burning energy uselessly to put time into getting upset about it now.

Double up v Sydney and Richmond surely means we can play Pride Match and Maddie's Match at home, which is good. Anzac Day match good. Love the double ups!

Last 5 matches deliciously brutal, if they happen as advertised. Get that into you, fellas! A trip to Perth to take on the Eagles in their fortress, see off hungry Blues at home, trip to Sydney, then roll up the sleeves and get down to Geelong two rounds out from finals to take on my tip for the 2021 premiers and let's hope by then we both have plenty to play for, followed by another hungry team who could easily be scrapping to make the 8, Freo.

EFA

Not a dig at you puppy_dog7, just disappointing reading a lot of crying posts, however inevitable it was.

We knew a hard fixture was coming. We need to test our group. It's perfect.

As for the whens and wheres, nothing is sure with the pandemic right now, if there is even a footy season next year I'll take that as a win.

We saw this year how nothing is certain and everything can change in the blink of an eye, so it's just burning energy uselessly to put time into getting upset about it now.

Double up v Sydney and Richmond surely means we can play Pride Match and Maddie's Match at home, which is good. Anzac Day match good. Love the double ups!

Last 5 matches deliciously brutal, if they happen as advertised. Get that into you, fellas! A trip to Perth to take on the Eagles in their fortress, see off hungry Blues at home, trip to Sydney, then roll up the sleeves and get down to Geelong two rounds out from finals to take on my tip for the 2021 premiers and let's hope by then we both have plenty to play for, followed by another hungry team who could easily be scrapping to make the 8, Freo.
Absolutely agree with you.
When the going gets tough.......

Don't honestly care about the severity of the double ups as a good team will overcome it and we are that good team.

However i would like to point out from last years final eight,

Saints play FOUR other teams
Bulldogs play TWO
Rest play three.

Did Steve Hocking or a doggies supporter make the draw? A numbskull or bias my only conclusions.

Would not be hard to amend. Dogs take one of ours for theirs.

Situation resolved.
We are the only side to be given 4 sides from last years top 8 and the only side with 3 from the top 4.

Comparatively, Port won the minor premiership and have zero double ups against anyone from the top 4.

Just wow to that fixture. Double ups that guarantee trips to Geelong, Sydney, Perth for WC and Adelaide to play Port. And our "home" game against Adelaide in Cairns. Brutally hard fixture, would have to be the hardest in the league by some stretch I'm guessing.

Isn't that the price you pay for a successful 2020?

I think it's the price you pay of not being a big drawing club, you just get shoved to fill in where ever they want you to. That's a shockingly hard draw ....again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back