HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Doubt it gets moved as the AFL makes more money from Marvel games.

Also be interesting to see what happens with Fremantle after the Melbourne game when McGowan demands the 14 day quarantine, puts the Round 2 match in Perth in doubt.

Ned Ryerson

Future Captain
Sep 23, 2012
Punxsutawney, PA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Doubt it gets moved as the AFL makes more money from Marvel games.

Also be interesting to see what happens with Fremantle after the Melbourne game when McGowan demands the 14 day quarantine, puts the Round 2 match in Perth in doubt.
Present tracking means WA border restrictions to Victoria lift on March 13 so quarantine shouldn’t be an issue so long as there’s no community transmission in the present cluster here.

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Could switch it to the Sunday apparently.
I'm not sure MCG will help that many Hawks fans get in, after the AFL members and MCC allotment I think they'll only have around 30k tickets for the club members which I assume will be exhausted by Essendon members.

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Present tracking means WA border restrictions to Victoria lift on March 13 so quarantine shouldn’t be an issue so long as there’s no community transmission in the present cluster here.
Well hopefully we are ok for Round 1 then, the problem is with the way these premiers shut borders we're going to need 6 months of no community transmission for the fixture to run as scheduled.

Ned Ryerson

Future Captain
Sep 23, 2012
Punxsutawney, PA
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well hopefully we are ok for Round 1 then, the problem is with the way these premiers shut borders we're going to need 6 months of no community transmission for the fixture to run as scheduled.
Yup, particularly WA - will be bloody precarious for the AFL this year. McGowan is hardly going to change track when he secures a resounding election win in a few weeks also. Dare say the AFL has contingencies in place - but I doubt the Eagles and Dockers would like them as it would mean then playing home games elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pessimistic

Make me an Admin!
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Box Hill Practice matches announced via BH website.

Vs CollingwoodHolden CentreSaturday 6 March
Vs Casey DemonsCasey FieldsSaturday 13 March
Vs EssendonThe HangerSaturday 20 March
Vs RichmondPunt Road OvalSunday 28 March
Vs Northern BullantsBox Hill City OvalSunday 4 April
Vs CarltonBox Hill City OvalSaturday 10 April
Is the spelling of the Essendon location a dig ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad