2021 Fixture

We probably requested Adelaide in Launceston in Round 6 because it's near enough to the 20th anniversary of our first home game there which was against them (Round 6 2001). One of the rare times we get to play on ANZAC Day. Might head down depending on the border situation in Tas (and take the Monday off).

Edit: It's either that game, or the Gold Coast game in Darwin.

Last edited:

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its Essendon's home game. They are playing it at their home ground. End of story
Yeah when do they play COLL, Rich. or even Carl @ Marvel? FFS Carlton are even a Marvel tenant too!
So please don't give this palaba about it being their home game.
This would draw a minimum 70k @ the MCG Rd.1, if the crowds at full capacity.
There's certain clubs that get looked after & HFC my friend isn't one of them!

Yeah when do they play COLL, Rich. or even Carl @ Marvel? FFS Carlton are even a Marvel tenant too!
Who cares? It affects Essendon, not us. We play them again later in the year at the MCG when it’s our home game and we get the benefit of that.

What are you ranting about? How does the fact that Essendon get a home game at their home stadium show that Hawthorn isn't being looked after?

I'd love to be there, but the chances of getting back home then still seem slim ...
Hope you make it mate! Will be hard to get tickets as a large chunk of tickets get given away for Indigenous Round, but would be an experience for sure

It was meant to be their turn last year and we didn't play Easter Monday
I'm fine with them getting it next year, 2022 more likely to be the year we can have a decent crowd at the game anyway

Having Richmond and Geelong back to back in rounds 2 and 3 isn't great for our membership drive though if we are 1-2 or 0-3 to start the year

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out of interest, where are these easy wins? I can count 6 games I'd consider better than 50/50 to win. If we don't win round 1 we won't be winning until round 6. If we split our games Vs Bombers, Adelaide, Freo winning only home games we're likely a bottom four team again. Just where we are at right now. I'll be hoping to see development from our boys.. That's what excites me for the season 2021, and a crack at a highly rated draft .
I don’t mean it in terms of us winning a heap of games, we aren’t great atm, but taking us out of it and just looking at our double ups, they are about as good as we could’ve asked for. Maybe apart from replacing richmond with north haha. If this was hawthorn from 2011-2016 we’d almost go through undefeated

The first thing I check when the fixture comes out is who and where our opponents played the previous week/round compared to us and how many days break they get leading into the game comparatively.

Overall we're ok, but we've been shafted good and proper in the first month.
That's a very complex series of events to check for a first observation!

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
So I had a read of the Herald Sun just then and had a quick look at the FIXture and they had a column "who are the winners of the 2021 FIXture"

You would not read about it but the BIG winnners were the Handbaggers, you can't make this stuff up.

Their Fixture is a dream.

At least I predicted it early in this thread when I said "Uncle Steven Hocking will deliver for them"

Also note I am not whinging about our FIXture, just pointing out how a team that played in this years GF once again get looked after.

Even on the Handbagger board they are delirious with their FIXture.

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I had a read of the Herald Sun just then and had a quick look at the FIXture and they had a column "who are the winners of the 2021 FIXture"

You would not read about it but the BIG winnners were the Handbaggers, you can't make this stuff up.

Their Fixture is a dream.

At least I predicted it early in this thread when I said "Uncle Steven Hocking will deliver for them"

Also note I am not whinging about our FIXture, just pointing out how a team that played in this years GF once again get looked after.

Even on the Handbagger board they are delirious with their FIXture.
Always the top teams get harder draws then bottom 4 teams, but when we were on top we never got a draw like The handbaggers or Richmond

LRobbo

All Australian
Jan 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We all know the cats get looked after, year in year out.
Every year they get an average team down at their dump the week leading into finals, next year they get 3 home games there leading into finals.
As previously mentioned, when we were up the pointy end contending, we never got this well looked after.
Remember the year we played the other 7 finalists from the previous year, in the first 7 weeks.

Linda CRS

Team Captain
Jan 18, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It looks ok to me, would have thought the footy department would be ok with it not seeing to many repeat games with this years top 8 and commercially other than Sunday afternoon we play some big names. It’s a conservative tick.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What are you ranting about? How does the fact that Essendon get a home game at their home stadium show that Hawthorn isn't being looked after?
How's stating a fact perceived as a rant!
My point exactly about Essendon hardly if ever playing Carlton at Marvel is valid.
Ahhh BigFooty where you log on & lose more brain cells than a night on the slops!

Back