2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Much as it can be annoying - I tend to get a giggle to the extent of which WA doesn't give the slightest fu**.
We've legit got a political party called WAXit (or similar spelling).

Yup, a scary number of West Aussies think that the State would be better off seceding from Australia...

We've legit got a political party called WAXit (or similar spelling).

Yup, a scary number of West Aussies think that the State would be better off seceding from Australia...
Don't know how serious they are or if the numbers are large, but have heard folks in British Columbia express the same feelings about seceding from Canada.

These things are often sponsored by mining companies who don’t like social obligation. Not much traction needed when they have the federal govt in their employ though

Looking at the fixture, if we lose to bombers, may not have a winnable game until round 6 (crows down at tassie). We have a soft run in middle of season (north, Carlton, suns, swans, bombers) when we’re hopefully back to full strength with Gunston etc. If we’re not in the 8 after that any finals aspirations are likely over as unlikely to be better than 50/50 after that (not that I think we’re a finals chance anyway).
But geez looks a potentially rough start to season if we lose round 1.

Looking at the fixture, if we lose to bombers, may not have a winnable game until round 6 (crows down at tassie). We have a soft run in middle of season (north, Carlton, suns, swans, bombers) when we’re hopefully back to full strength with Gunston etc. If we’re not in the 8 after that any finals aspirations are likely over as unlikely to be better than 50/50 after that (not that I think we’re a finals chance anyway).

Correct, we lose Round 1 and 0-5 is a very high probability.

Every game is winnable.

The opening third of the season seems to throw up the most unusual results for a few possible reasons (new players, new strategies, rusty form, etc.) before things settle down and teams start to perform more consistently and in line with expectations.

If we're lucky enough to have a few surprise wins against these stronger sides we're not expecting them against (eg. Brisbane and Richmond last year) then all we need to do is find some good form and make the most of our chances against the rest of the comp and we may find we can sneak into finals.

Members check your emails - I just got one about ticket allocation and how to apply for tickets.

FAQ here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 11

Friday, May 28
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG (1.45pm)
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba (2.10pm)
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (4.35pm)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium (7.40pm)
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium (7.40pm)

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG (1.10pm)
Sydney v Carlton, SCG (3.20pm)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)

Round 11

Friday, May 28
Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday, May 29
Collingwood v Geelong, MCG (1.45pm)
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney, Gabba (2.10pm)
St Kilda v North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium (4.35pm)
Gold Coast v Hawthorn, TIO Stadium (7.40pm)
West Coast v Essendon, Optus Stadium (7.40pm)

Sunday, May 30
Richmond v Adelaide, MCG (1.10pm)
Sydney v Carlton, SCG (3.20pm)
Port Adelaide v Fremantle, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)

mmmmmm to go to Darwin or not.

On a weekly basis our beloved Club comes out with fluff pieces about how much it cares about it's members.
Yet we are bombarded with Sunday games, which the membership has roundly condemned, and not so much as a whisper.
Stone motherless silence. or alternatively "wont that be fun"
As Dennis Pagan once said "Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining"
Don't tell us how important we are and do nothing to ensure something as basic as a Saturday game can't be achieved.

It is the horror time slot of the AFL.
Family members with school kids curse it.
Hawthorn Football Club play a dis proportionally large number of Sunday games and yet our representative simply roll over and cop it.

If that's the best you can do, for the members you value so highly, then hang your head in shame.

Get on the email folks and let the club know exactly how you feel

Stinking fixture.

essendon on a Sunday..... yeesh. We have just lost 20k at the game because of that fixture . Sunday 3.20.... seriously. 🤦‍♂️

Is our old mate and long time rival Hocking still putting together the fixture?

On a weekly basis our beloved Club comes out with fluff pieces about how much it cares about it's members.
Yet we are bombarded with Sunday games, which the membership has roundly condemned, and not so much as a whisper.
Stone motherless silence. or alternatively "wont that be fun"
As Dennis Pagan once said "Don't piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining"
Don't tell us how important we are and do nothing to ensure something as basic as a Saturday game can't be achieved.

It is the horror time slot of the AFL.
Family members with school kids curse it.
Hawthorn Football Club play a dis proportionally large number of Sunday games and yet our representative simply roll over and cop it.

If that's the best you can do, for the members you value so highly, then hang your head in shame.

Get on the email folks and let the club know exactly how you feel

Agreed.

The club cares little about anything other than AFLW or Tasmania.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back