2021 Fixture

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only one MCG game is disheartening. As is that awful Hawthorn Tasmania fixture in Round 17.

A whole bunch of Sunday games in the first 6 rounds + no C7 telecasts is not great either.

Our post-bye fixture is VERY tough, with COL (A), HAW (A), GEE (H), RIC (H), SYD (A), BRI (A) all in Rounds 15-21.

The AFL know we're going places - will always manipulate the draw to that effect. Take it as a compliment

So we don't get to play Len Hall in Anzac Day but the night before, 4 of the first 6 in awful Sunday evening spots, we get neither our first or last games at home for some stupid reason (no game in Perth at all for Round 23) and we go Brisbane in Brisbane, Derby, St. Kilda at Marvel to finish the season.

That is an absolutely atrocious draw. Seriously WTAF?

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
So we don't get to play Len Hall in Anzac Day but the night before, 4 of the first 6 in awful Sunday evening spots, we get neither our first or last games at home for some stupid reason (no game in Perth at all for Round 23) and we go Brisbane in Brisbane, Derby, St. Kilda at Marvel to finish the season.

It's a pretty good draw imo, the first 6 games we should be winning. Double ups are good, sure timeslots aren't amazing but who cares if you're winning?

It's a pretty good draw imo, the first 6 games we should be winning. Double ups are good, sure timeslots aren't amazing but who cares if you're winning?

All winnable games. A f***ing nightmare run home. How on earth do we not play at home in the last week if we're away week 1?

Geelong (H)
Sydney (A)
Richmond (H)
Brisbane (A)
West Coast (H)
St. Kilda (A)

There's only 1 of those 6 that's (even close to) winnable (hell I even think the Hawks in Tassie the week before that run is dicey)

No Perth game at all for Round 23?

West Coast are at The Gabba and we're at Marvel. We get 2 weeks in a row at home before the bye for some reason.

Genuinely incredbile. I don't remember the last time (outside of Covid) that neither WA (or SA for that matter) team were at home in a round of footy

All winnable games. A f***ing nightmare run home. How on earth do we not play at home in the last week if we're away week 1?

Geelong (H)
Sydney (A)
Richmond (H)
Brisbane (A)
West Coast (H)
St. Kilda (A)

There's only 1 of those 6 that's (even close to) winnable (hell I even think the Hawks in Tassie the week before that run is dicey)

All games also known as winnable. Brisbane in Brisbane is *ing tough, but we should have beaten them there this season.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Geelong (H)
Sydney (A)
Richmond (H)
Brisbane (A)
West Coast (H)
St. Kilda (A)

If we progress as much as I have us progressing in my mind, all home games are winnable :D

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
West Coast are at The Gabba and we're at Marvel. We get 2 weeks in a row at home before the bye for some reason.

Genuinely incredbile. I don't remember the last time (outside of Covid) that neither WA (or SA for that matter) team were at home in a round of footy

Each WA side has 11 home games and there’s 23 games in a season. Statistically it happens once a season at least.

Usually it’s in the bye rounds but it’s been done differently this year... I don’t see the big deal tbh.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth

Asking us to play in Derby is a bit harsh.

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Honestly that's a pretty decent fixture. Don't mind the double ups; Brisbane and WCE will be tough but Carlton eminently winnable, and we should beat Swans and Hawks.

I'd expect us to be ~8 wins by the bye and we have a realistic chance of picking up another 5 out of the next lot to sneak into 7th/8th.

We get to put two hands on the Patrick Cripps cup this season with a potential 16 premiership point turnaround available.

Plus we owe them for two years of finishes. I want to mangle them and to do it twice.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking at other teams, on first glance Port Adelaide have been dick kissed like there's no tomorrow. Not one double up against another top 4 team for a team that finished in the prelim. Unreal.
Geelong also got their customary peck on the pecker but that's to be expected, it happens every year.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Geez, that's an amazing stat
You could imagine a CEO getting totally derailed by that - let's see, should I chase another 1000 members that are probably pesks and whingers when the team loses, or sell another corporate package to boozing business types that have to ask 'who won' at the end of the night?
There's a reason that the Membership section of the Club administration is much smaller than the Corporate interface section...

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
First 6 rounds, only 1 x 6 day break (off away game) rest are 7 or 8 so thats alright.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
The tone of the season is set at the beginning. No reason we can't have 4 or 5 wins in that first six games.

A positive start and injuries never seem to impact you as much, confidence is up and how many days break or what venue the game is at doesn't seem to be as important.

It's all about how we start the season.

Our double ups are pretty decent as well.

Back