Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Herald Sun said rd 1 released.

We play Geelong here.

Port play North.

You would have thought given our ladder positions they’ve got that the arse way around.

Bulldogs v Collingwood will be fun.

I have a good feeling about this coming year. It could finally be Brent Reilly's breakout season

If we get some momentum during the NAB Cup, anything could happen.
Moving Stiffy Johncock back into the forward line may prove a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As a pure spectacle of round 1, I still don’t understand the logic of us v Geelong and Port v North. Surely you’d have it the other way around? It’s a no brainer. Port v Geelong would be a huge game and build up. Could we get one back on North after the last flogging?

As a pure spectacle of round 1, I still don’t understand the logic of us v Geelong and Port v North. Surely you’d have it the other way around? It’s a no brainer. Port v Geelong would be a huge game and build up. Could we get one back on North after the last flogging?
Logic has never been a strong suit of the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems a bit of a meh first round after Friday. Melbourne v Freo and GWS v Saints do stand out as potentially good matchups though.

That said, I don't mind Geelong first up for Adelaide. Gives the kids a tough first matchup to be excited about.

This is your ideal start. This will go one of two ways:

- we keep it close and use that to drive belief moving forward.

- we get blown out and the boys get a great little reality of the standards we are working toward.

Anyone mentally fragile enough to lose morale losing to grand finalist in rd 1 coming off a spoon has bigger issues.

I would much rather get a side like this in rd 1 (they likely won't be at their best) than running into them after a spell of promising games (like when we faced Richmond last round last year) that kills genuine momentum.

2021 lets go.

This is your ideal start. This will go one of two ways:

- we keep it close and use that to drive belief moving forward.

- we get blown out and the boys get a great little reality of the standards we are working toward.

Anyone mentally fragile enough to lose morale losing to grand finalist in rd 1 coming off a spoon has bigger issues.

I would much rather get a side like this in rd 1 (they likely won't be at their best) than running into them after a spell of promising games (like when we faced Richmond last round last year) that kills genuine momentum.

2021 lets go.
I smell an upset. The team should be primed to knock them off in combination with the losing grand finalist typically getting off to a slow start.

I smell an upset. The team should be primed to knock them off in combination with the losing grand finalist typically getting off to a slow start.

Well yes it is possible I suppose. I was perhaps a little glass half empty. The win option would also be fantastic. I just think we can't really lose here.

Here’s to hoping that at least 75% capacity crowd is allowed in by that stage.
I remember that 2010 win against Geelong at AAMI Stadium, a few chinks were starting the show in the mighty Cats armour and a rebuilding Crows pounced.
This could be a similar game (or not), regardless bring on R1!

Our best chance of defeating Geelong is round 1 because typically bad teams play their best football at the start of the year then get progressively worse
And vice versa - good teams build as the year goes on

Geelong at home is the best time to get them

(I also said the same about Sydney Round 1 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back