2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be honest, it really isn't going to matter. We miss the 8 regardless. My real disappointment is no Carlton game in Adelaide. I would have loved to see the return of Eddie.
I prefer to remember him as a good player

I think I saw. Crows in Cairns this year. Good year I cancel my membership in. 🤬

Not sure what anyone could expect after finishing 18th. Fixture is fine and largely irrelevant for the next 2 seasons at least.

The real scandal is the ease of Port's fixture after finishing top.
Port will lose all 3 games to Richmond, Brisbane and Geelong, finish top, and wonder why nobody rates them in the finals, as they go down in a prelim to the Bulldogs.

As expected, we have received a sh*t fixture for finishing last.

We're being sent around the country. Games in Launceston, Cairns, Ballarat, Sydney and Perth. Surprised they didn't also throw in an NT and Geelong game to that sh*t sandwich

In what really pisses me off, we play three MCG tenants away from the MCG (Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn). All of those games should be at the MCG. Six games in Victoria is nice, but two at the MCG sucks

I like that a lot for two reasons, firstly we're not in a position to really push up the ladder this year so that will probably stop us from really getting any momentum this year. Secondly it's going to be a real baptism of fire for our young group in terms of travelling. Tasmania and Cairns are tough road trips in particular.

Also, that first four rounds look tough as both winnable games are on the road.

I'm just irritated they scheduled our Tasman trip in April and not August. There would have been a solid chance for me to go to the August one, COVID pending.

Its possible because the AFL cares more about revenue than the actual fairness of the game and fixture..

They know pear supporters are the most fragile and fickle supporters out there. They know that, unless things go well for port for atleast a fair chunk of the season, port supporters just dont turn up...

That affects the AFL’s bottom line..

Directly/Indirectly in the past the AFL have even had to pay for a heap of rather large high quality tarps because of this very phenomenon.. costly exercise.

Crows supporters, on the other hand, turn up rain, hail or shine and regardless of how good/bad the team is going.. so the AFL can treat the crows, and their supporters, like crap.. which also gives Victorians, who still ignorantly view the crows as a quasi SA state side, great joy..

Cynical I know... but... You know I’m right!

We don't. Our worst case numbers might be larger then a lot of small clubs, but we also see a harsh drop off if we're underperforming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have only played them once at Adelaide Oval in 2018 which also was the only time Carlton have played Adelaide in Adelaide since 2010. And that was only because it is the one time in which we have played them twice in a year since 2009.

Can someone explain how that occurs? A quirk of the fixture it seems.

Versus Carlton we are 12 home games v 26 away games in our history.

V Bris 11H and 21A

The rest much more even.

Looks like the Strikers are going to 75%, and Coopers Stadium will be 75% for United matches, so I can't see why we wouldn't be at at least 75% for round 1, if not full capacity.
If the limit on crowds is 75%, How will the club pick the unlucky 25%? Do any of us expect a part refund on our 2021 membership if we did the right thing in 2020 and paid full fees and get told we cant attend a home game? I emailed the club and the response seemed to indicate they haven't given it much thought

I hate when it has to be spelled out ... how about "how's your glasshouse?".

If Ballarat is a "shithole" and Tasmania is "deliverance country" - maybe time to check your reference point.

You do realise the previous poster is most likely talking about the stadiums, not the places themselves right?

Except for playing Dogs at shithole stadium and Hawks in deliverance country.
Mars stadium in Ballarat is widely held in the football industry to be on the top shelf when it comes to playing surfaces in the AFL and the facilities are first class for a provincial city stadium. Have you ever actually attended a game of footy there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back