News 2021 Fixture

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Has just been released with specifics for the first 6 rounds.

- Five Saturday games in the first six rounds

- A Thursday night school holiday blockbuster against Essendon at the SCG

- Six games in Melbourne

- Return clashes against St Kilda, GWS, Fremantle, Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns

- Marn Grook at the SCG against Carlton in Round 11

IMG_3848.JPG

When was the last time we didn’t go to Geelong!

6 Melbourne games actually in Melbourne is a win for the crew down there.

Very happy with this.

Plus our return games aren't impossible.

I rate St Kilda's list but they have a hard fixture next year so could be down on confidence when we cop them.

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
How does Essendon get these double-ups, with Collingwood a good chance to slide....

North Melbourne (17) Sydney (16) Hawthorn (15) GWS Giants (10) Top 8 side --Collingwood

And wooden spoooner Adelaide get this....

North Melbourne (17) Hawthorn (15) Melbourne (9). Top 8 sides -- Port Adelaide, West Coast

Only downside is Bombers at Marvel which means a cost on top of the membership for a reserved seat.
Really, well I won't go to that one then... that sucks! Why is that?

Really, well I won't go to that one then... that sucks! Why is that?
Because Essendon still believe that they are relevant and that their large number of "members" will bother turning up to watch them in a stadium that is undersized for their supporters. Some of the reserved seating is only 4 or 5 bucks but then you end up sitting with Essendon supporters who are bogan, rum drinking, arrogant *******s.

Not if they are at 1 45pm . Sunday was our day

Hey if it's going badly you can whack a quaddie down to ease the pain- that's one positive I guess.

On a serious note, I actually like afternoon games, the football is better, suits our side too.We are more likely to win when the conditions are less greasy as they'd be at night.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Hey if it's going badly you can whack a quaddie down to ease the pain- that's one positive I guess.

On a serious note, I actually like afternoon games, the football is better, suits our side too.We are more likely to win when the conditions are less greasy as they'd be at night.
Yep Sunday arvo's. perfect

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
You guys can't complain, if I want to watch our Round 2 and 3 matches I have to get up at 3:45am. Round 6 is 4:45am.
Simple solution: don't go to bed. Hit the Berlin clubs and push through.

Anyway, you should do what the rest of us do and adjust your clocks to Swans Time. It'll be made easier by the fact it'll be Spring and Summer over there.

stevie26

Club Legend
Mar 3, 2016
SE Asia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney women's team
We finish 3rd last and all of our double match ups are with teams that finished higher than us in 2020. Not sure that's very fair. Thought we would get one of Adelaide or North in a return game.

Last edited:
We finish 3rd last and all of our double match ups are with teams that finished higher than us in 2020. Not sure that's very fair. Thought we would get one of Adelaide or North in a return game.

I’d rather not get a soft fixture. We’ll learn more facing the good teams

Back