2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

RBR #2 job description for #2 driver
- Be fast. But not too fast.
- Compete and gain constructers points - but not more than Max.
- Be cork in bottle to allow team ( aka Max) to be able to benefit from on track decisions regarding strategy, tyres and pit stops.
- Be able to be gagged at press conferences to tow thew party line.
- Not understand what multi 21 means.

That about covers it.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Anyone reckon Haas will dump Mazepin? They seem to stuck in a bit of a bind, they have to choose between an average young driver who's a terrible person but brings a s**t tonne of money and another okay young driver who doesn't bring money but is a decent person, someone like Ilott or Fittipaldi. At least Stroll and Ocon will be happy that they won't be anywhere close to the most disliked drivers on the grid if Mazepin races.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Anyone reckon Haas will dump Mazepin? They seem to stuck in a bit of a bind, they have to choose between an average young driver who's a terrible person but brings a sh*t tonne of money and another okay young driver who doesn't bring money but is a decent person, someone like Ilott or Fittipaldi. At least Stroll and Ocon will be happy that they won't be anywhere close to the most disliked drivers on the grid if Mazepin races.

Rumours floating around that he was sacked this morning.....so we shall see.

I like how they threw in the Schumacher name in there to try and deflect the relentless negative attention on Mazepin - "look at us, we signed a Schumacher, ignore the pay driver with questionable behaviour on and off track!"

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I like how they threw in the Schumacher name in there to try and deflect the relentless negative attention on Mazepin - "look at us, we signed a Schumacher, ignore the pay driver with questionable behaviour on and off track!"
You'd have to think that some of the current drivers on the grid wouldn't be too pleased with Mazepin getting a seat in F1.
Shame that none of them had the courage to speak on it. I guess the penalty would have been too much ?

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
You'd have to think that some of the current drivers on the grid wouldn't be too pleased with Mazepin getting a seat in F1.
Shame that none of them had the courage to speak on it. I guess the penalty would have been too much ?

I think all of the drivers are part of the system and aware of how the system works. To an extent they have all manged to get through the lower grades of motorsport by having the ability to attract personal sponsors. None of them really come from impoverished backgrounds and have worked their way up through sheer talent alone, you need money to buy a drive in the lower tiers to earn your shot at F1. Whether it be sponsors or Daddy's wallet doesn't really count in the end.

It will go ahead. The government is allowing 30,000 at the Boxing Day test, so a reduced crowd of 30-50,000 at the GP I'd say.

By the time the Grand Prix arrives the Boxing Day test and the Australian Open tennis would have been held, so there will be plenty of data concerning the success or otherwise of those events from a COVID-19 perspective.

Except, Melbourne has their own rules for quarantine which are not in place for other parts of the world - I can't see teams doing a 14 day quarantine before racing - Anyway that will also conflict with pre-season testing.

hamilton getting a knighthood. what an absolute joke these awards have turned out to be.
Sports people in the UK have been knighted for a lot less than Hamilton has achieved.

FP1 and FP2 could be reduced by 30 minutes in 2021....

Typically, there’s a lot of time spent in the pits for each car during fp1 and fp2 and reducing each session to 60 minutes might make the sessions a bit more interesting.

Sports people in the UK have been knighted for a lot less than Hamilton has achieved.

In terms of F1, he joins the likes of Patrick Head, Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss, Frank Williams and Jack Brabham. Hard to argue he doesn't deserve one based on the company.

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Sky F1 are going to be insufferable this season with a certain driver Knighted. I will never let that name pass my lips with that word in front of it. It’s as bad as the English cricket team getting honoured for winning the Ashes. F me and you know that there are already 50 stories ready to go on every race about how great a certain person is. 🤬

Sky F1 are going to be insufferable this season with a certain driver Knighted. I will never let that name pass my lips with that word in front of it. It’s as bad as the English cricket team getting honoured for winning the Ashes. F me and you know that there are already 50 stories ready to go on every race about how great a certain person is. 🤬

For England, the day they won the Ashes was the most important day of their lives. For Australia, it was a Tuesday.

Back