2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

2021 Schedule

There is 23 races on the 2021 schedule, and only one test session planned. Given the carry over of design from 2021 I wouldn't expect too many problems with the cars when they hit the circuit in Bahrain
  • The updated 2021 F1 race calendar now looks as follows:
    • 12-14 March - Bahrain (Sakhir) - Pre-season Test
    • 28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
    • 18 April - Italy (Imola*)
    • 2 May - Portugal (Portimao)
    • 9 May – Spain (Barcelona)
    • 23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
    • 6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
    • 13 June – Canada (Montreal)
    • 27 June – France (Le Castellet)
    • 4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
    • 18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
    • 1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
    • 29 August – Belgium (Spa)
    • 5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
    • 12 September – Italy (Monza)
    • 26 September – Russia (Sochi)
    • 3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
    • 10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
    • 24 October – USA (Austin)
    • 31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
    • 7 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)
    • 21 November - Australia (Melbourne*)
    • 5 December - Saudi Arabia (Jeddah**)
    • 12 December - Abu Dhabi (Yas Island)

• *Revisions to calendar are subject to World Motor Sport Council approval **Subject to circuit homologation
It is rumoured that the 2nd of May slot (which was going to be Vietnam) will be given to Portugal (Portimao)

Teams/Drivers

Racing Point becomes Aston Martin and Renault becomes Alpine, wheras McLaren get Mercedes power for 2021.

There's quite a lot of driver changes for 2021 with Fernando Alonso returning to F1 (Alpine), 4 drivers moving teams (Ricciardo to McLaren, Sainz to Ferrari, Vettel to Aston Martin and Perez to Red Bull) and 3 rookies (Nikita Mazepin & Mick Schumacher (HAAS) & Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri))

Alfa Romeo Racing - Kimi Räikkönen, Antonio Giovinazzi
AlphaTauri - Pierre Gasly, Yuki Tsunoda
Alpine F1 (formerly Renault) - Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon
Aston Martin (formerly Racing Point) - Sebastian Vettel, Lance Stroll
Ferrari - Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz
Haas - Nikita Mazepin, Mick Schumacher
McLaren - Daniel Ricciardo, Lando Norris
Mercedes - TBA (Lewis Hamilton), Valtteri Bottas
Red Bull - Max Verstappen, Sergio Perez
Williams - George Russell, Nicholas Latifi

Regulation Changes

2021 sees the 2020 cars re-used in 2021, albeit with a number of regulation changes that team have to comply with. The big change is related to the floor and diffuser, which will decrease the amount of downforce at the rear of the car. The video below explains the regulation changes.

Last edited:

Shifty1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Really looking forward to seeing Danny in the McLaren with the Mercedes engine. Hoping he's a legitimate podium threat each race.

It will be interesting to see if Vettel can be a threat again in the Aston. The last couple of years were bad at Ferrari.

Also Latifi shouldn't be anywhere near an F1 seat. Horrendous driver.

Really looking forward to seeing Danny in the McLaren with the Mercedes engine. Hoping he's a legitimate podium threat each race.

It will be interesting to see if Vettel can be a threat again in the Aston. The last couple of years were bad at Ferrari.

Also Latifi shouldn't be anywhere near an F1 seat. Horrendous driver.

There's a long history of pay drivers in F1 and and Latifi and Mazepin race as a result in 2021. You could make the same argument for Stroll.

Whether or not Aston Martin improve or regress is one of the big questions for 2021. The same goes for McLaren and I hope there's not too many issues associated with the change to Mercedes power.

Shifty1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
There's a long history of pay drivers in F1 and and Latifi and Mazepin race as a result in 2021. You could make the same argument for Stroll.

Whether or not Aston Martin improve or regress is one of the big questions for 2021. The same goes for McLaren and I hope there's not too many issues associated with the change to Mercedes power.

I'm looking forward to seeing two green drivers at Haas. Should be some good battles and plenty of tension between the pair. Schumacher has a great pedigree to live up to and Mazepin is a talented ******* dick. May be the 2021 version of Ocon and Perez.

Stroll will come good and has shown enough in his time so far. In hindsight, RP's driver team should have been unchanged for 2021.

Red Bull needs to pull the pin and get Perez in for next year and make Red Bull a true contender again. Hasn't been that way since 2018.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
2021 Schedule

There is 23 races on the 2021 schedule, and only one test session planned. Given the carry over of design from 2021 I wouldn't expect too many problems with the cars when they hit the circuit in Melbourne.
  • 2-4 March - Pre-season testing - Barcelona
  • 21 March – Australia (Melbourne)
  • 28 March – Bahrain (Sakhir)
  • 11 April – China (Shanghai)
  • 25 April – TBC (TBC)
  • 9 May – Spain (Barcelona)*
  • 23 May – Monaco (Monaco)
  • 6 June – Azerbaijan (Baku)
  • 13 June – Canada (Montreal)
  • 27 June – France (Le Castellet)
  • 4 July – Austria (Spielberg)
  • 18 July – United Kingdom (Silverstone)
  • 1 August – Hungary (Budapest)
  • 29 August – Belgium (Spa)
  • 5 September – Netherlands (Zandvoort)
  • 12 September – Italy (Monza)
  • 26 September – Russia (Sochi)
  • 3 October – Singapore (Singapore)
  • 10 October – Japan (Suzuka)
  • 24 October – USA (Austin)
  • 31 October – Mexico (Mexico City)
  • 14 November – Brazil (Sao Paulo)*
  • 28 November – Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)
  • 5 December – Abu Dhabi (Abu Dhabi)
It is rumoured that the 25th of April slot (which was going to be Vietnam) will be given to Portugal (Portimao)

Teams/Drivers

Racing Point becomes Aston Martin and Renault becomes Alpine, wheras McLaren get Mercedes power for 2021.

There's quite a lot of driver changes for 2021 with Fernando Alonso returning to F1 (Alpine), 3 drivers moving teams (Ricciardo to McLaren, Sainz to Ferrari, Vettel to Aston Martin and possibly Perez to Red Bull) and 3 rookies (Nikita Mazepin & Mick Schumacher (HAAS) & possibly Yuki Tsunoda (AlphaTauri))

Alfa Romeo Racing - Kimi Räikkönen, Antonio Giovinazzi
AlphaTauri - Pierre Gasly, TBA (Yuki Tsunoda)
Alpine F1 (formerly Renault) - Fernando Alonso, Esteban Ocon
Aston Martin (formerly Racing Point) - Sebastian Vettel, Lance Stroll
Ferrari - Charles Leclerc, Carlos Sainz
Haas - Nikita Mazepin, Mick Schumacher
McLaren - Daniel Ricciardo, Lando Norris
Mercedes - TBA (Lewis Hamilton), Valtteri Bottas
Red Bull - Max Verstappen, TBA (Segio Perez)
Williams - George Russell, Nicholas Latifi

Regulation Changes

2021 sees the 2020 cars re-used in 2021, albeit with a number of regulation changes that team have to comply with. The big change is related to the floor and diffuser, which will decrease the amount of downforce at the rear of the car. The video below explains the regulation changes.

don't think red bull will make a driver change.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Odds on the Australian GP actually going ahead?

F1 were fantastic at managing the COVID situation in 2020, but I suspect that more than a few of them are going to be unhappy with the Australian requirements. I was a bit surprised that the March date was kept tbh.

Odds on the Australian GP actually going ahead?

F1 were fantastic at managing the COVID situation in 2020, but I suspect that more than a few of them are going to be unhappy with the Australian requirements. I was a bit surprised that the March date was kept tbh.
It will go ahead. The government is allowing 30,000 at the Boxing Day test, so a reduced crowd of 30-50,000 at the GP I'd say.

By the time the Grand Prix arrives the Boxing Day test and the Australian Open tennis would have been held, so there will be plenty of data concerning the success or otherwise of those events from a COVID-19 perspective.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It will go ahead. The government is allowing 30,000 at the Boxing Day test, so a reduced crowd of 30-50,000 at the GP I'd say.

By the time the Grand Prix arrives the Boxing Day test and the Australian Open tennis would have been held, so there will be plenty of data concerning the success or otherwise of those events from a COVID-19 perspective.
I wonder if it'll all be seated with no GA ??

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

I know here in SA, seated events were far easier to get approved than ones that weren’t. Will be interesting to see if there is general admission or if everyone has to be seated.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Few outlets starting to report Perez to Red Bull for next year.

Also growing pressure (mainly on twitter) for Haas to dump Mazepin after he deleted his apology for the Instagram incident, and the woman involved has since some out and said it was not OK (recanting the initial statement) amongst other things.
HAAS cannot dump Mazepin, they’ve already spent the cash.

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
HAAS cannot dump Mazepin, they’ve already spent the cash.
I saw a video on Mazepin's on-track record, which is bad enough. He's had a number of instances of dangerous driving, but he's also not really ever delivered the goods. For all the complaints about Stroll, Mazepin appears to have less ability and an ego the size of a planet. Never has money mattered more than talent. I hope Mick thrashes him.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I saw a video on Mazepin's on-track record, which is bad enough. He's had a number of instances of dangerous driving, but he's also not really ever delivered the goods. For all the complaints about Stroll, Mazepin appears to have less ability and an ego the size of a planet. Never has money mattered more than talent. I hope Mick thrashes him.

Surely there are other rich kids in the sport they could have chosen?

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
You'd think so. Money or not, if Mazepin behaves in F1 anything even remotely like in previous years, it will be a struggle to justify his employment.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Doubt we will see him back in F1

and still not convinced about Perez, I still think Max will flog him
I think the way that car is setup Max would flog anyone.

RBR don't want a driver that can beat Max, they want a driver that can stay close enough to Max and Mercedes so they can dictate pit strategy. Same with Sainz at Ferrari.

Acinath

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the way that car is setup Max would flog anyone.

RBR don't want a driver that can beat Max, they want a driver that can stay close enough to Max and Mercedes so they can dictate pit strategy. Same with Sainz at Ferrari.

100%, always been like that. Which is also RICs major issue

I don't think Perez was recruited (or is expected) to beat Verstappen, more like offer something to challenge the top teams and keep closer to Verstappen. Plenty of times Red Bull were hampered by their #2 being unable to mix it up in the top 4-6.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers

Actually, there isn't really that many options. Since they brought in the Super Licence points system it makes it harder to find new drivers. The way it is structured the FIA's own support categories F2 and F3 are worth a lot of points, so most drivers will come from there. It's a small pool. Three of them get their chance this year, I'm not sure there are many others. Outside of that there is Japan Super Formula and Indycar, but we don't see many drivers going that route straight into F1.

Back