2021 Formula One Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Negative rubber left on Ocon's tyre at the end of the race....

Seeing that tyre, I think Mercedes made the right decision to bring in Lewis for that tyre change. It may of cost him 3rd place but when your fighting for championship and given what happen with Norris at the Russian gp with the wrong tyre choice, its better to be safe than taking an unnecessary risk.

Sven

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, South Fremantle
Seeing that tyre, I think Mercedes made the right decision to bring in Lewis for that tyre change. It may of cost him 3rd place but when your fighting for championship and given what happen with Norris at the Russian gp with the wrong tyre choice, its better to be safe than taking an unnecessary risk.
I definitely agree. The only mistake Mercedes made was not pitting Hamilton earlier. Botha’s was putting in fastest laps at the end of the race and if Hamilton had been pitted at the same time he would of been doing the same.

Mercedes are arguing that they wanted to put Lewis onto a slick, and that’s why they waited, but the slick crossover point never happened.

Last edited:

Black_White

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Woo hoo!
This time I reckon we will actually have a race.

And I don’t care that we are not first up. 2 races for the teams to settle into the new cars.
Bring it on!

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Not being the first race on the calendar is going to put more emphasis on the fact that Albert Park is not a great circuit for overtaking.
Usually the first race hype masks the lack of on-track action

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad