2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Mercedes appear a touch quicker than the Red Bull, though we can obtain a more definitive judgement after Round 4 in Spain - Ricciardo still has a way to go as evidenced by Alonso passing him in the last 15 laps with a slower car.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Mercedes appear a touch quicker than the Red Bull, though we can obtain a more definitive judgement after Round 4 in Spain - Ricciardo still has a way to go as evidenced by Alonso passing him in the last 15 laps with a slower car.
On fresher tyres though wasn't he?

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Ricciardo still has a way to go as evidenced by Alonso passing him in the last 15 laps with a slower car.
Disagree, Ricciardo was faster then Alonso on the mediums, on the hards he couldn't get the pace.

Norris went soft med so no hard comparison but on older mediums by 20 odd laps Riccardo was as quick as Norris

Disagree, Ricciardo was faster then Alonso on the mediums, on the hards he couldn't get the pace.

Norris went soft med so no hard comparison but on older mediums by 20 odd laps Riccardo was as quick as Norris

Exactly my point - Ricciardo couldn't get pace on the hard tyres - McClaren was hoping he could jump up to 6th place which was not the case, and there is no way it was expected Alonso would jump ahead - There is no way, Ricciardo is getting the maximum out of the car

Exactly my point - Ricciardo couldn't get pace on the hard tyres - McClaren was hoping he could jump up to 6th place which was not the case, and there is no way it was expected Alonso would jump ahead - There is no way, Ricciardo is getting the maximum out of the car
Or the McLaren was just s**t on the hards?

andrewmillman

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I dont like this cynical warm fluffy feel good crap by Toto.

The lunatic shouldn't have ever driven a f1 car again after spa 2012 let alone after turning one into a bbq last year.

But if the dopey liberty media era f1 fans want it, then so be it.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I dont like this cynical warm fluffy feel good crap by Toto.

The lunatic shouldn't have ever driven a f1 car again after spa 2012 let alone after turning one into a bbq last year.

But if the dopey liberty media era f1 fans want it, then so be it.
I agree we can't judge his career just on the final race incident. But he has been doing well in indycar atm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Or in the colder temperatures where it is harder to get heat into them Alpine was strong and perhaps stronger then McLaren on the harder compounds as they take more to get heat into?

The same comparison can be made between Mercedes and Red Bull, soft boots they were evenly matched but the harder compounds Mercedes had the edge.

I am putting Alpine's performance boost over the weekend down to this fact and with warmer temperatures I expect them to again slide with alfa tauri replacing them.

I do agree he isn't getting 100% out of the car but in terms vs himself vs norris i'd suggest he was basically there during the race.

andrewmillman

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What does this mean ?
Since Liberty took over, f1s social media side and "fan culture" has become nauseating in my opinion.
Turning this into a feelgood story instead of letting him go quietly off into the sunset where he belongs.
Wonder what alonso and all the other "crashjean" era drivers think of this.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, how dare Liberty Media try and bring in new F1 fans via the most powerful online tool in social media. Shame on them for attempting to bring in a younger viewership to help keep the sport alive for years to come.

It's much better suited to being supported by angry old men who preferred the good old days.

MaxHunt

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Charlton FC
Norris driving so well is compounding the issue, struggling with the car is okay in itself but when Norris is flying surely some self doubt creeps in.

I'm not terribly concerned right now, one of the reasons it's been hard to adjust is the new tracks they have been on in the last 2 races, he wasn't that bad in Bahrain and Spain is next week. I'll be worried if he is a mile off there.
Not a good start to the weekend for Dan.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Was looking forward to keeping an eye on Piastri in F2 this year but 8 weeks between rounds one and two?

Sure it's cost cutting but the three races per meet won't make up for such a long break between rounds (it looks like F2 and F3 are alternating this year with the F1 calander) bad enough for fans but I doubt it's much good for drivers trying to develop their skills and push themselves to the next level.

Last edited:
Back