2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Actual training footage of Mazepin
1623358720136.gif

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
I was looking back at Pirelli's history of tyre failures, and I didn't realise there were as many as six failures at Silverstone in 2013. I could only recall two! Then there were two at Spa in 2015, three at Silverstone in 2020... and that's off the top of my head.

I do get that F1 has some unique and somewhat contradictory tyre requirements, but these failures are often at high speeds (Baku being a huge example). Something needs changing.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol at red bull having a whine about the yellow bump things on the outside of the turn being too much of a penalty..

On a track where there is literally no threats or risks other than artificial drive through chicanes..

Oh, and they were also there last time they raced there.

Get stuffed Horner

They probably all whinge from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari down to Williams and Haas but it's more spicy when it's the big three.

There is a valid point that the penalty should be lap time deletions and forced re-entries around bollards (if it's a particular dangerous corner) rather than causing damage. However, it is equally valid that perhaps a gravel trap there could also solve that issue which I am sure Mercedes and Red Bull do not want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Yuki is fast becoming a give up and move on job, surely red bull can't persist with him, Lawson to take that seat.

Nah. Yuki has great talent and a great future. But he was promoted too fast. Only did one season in F2, and before that only one season in F3. He hasn't learnt the race craft side of thing well, not enough practice. But he'll get better with more experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back