2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually hope Lewis does have long Covid.
Not because I wish him any harm, but it would be a very good case study of what this virus can do to you, even after you have “recovered“.
For a man as fit as Lewis to still be suffering is a wake up call to all of us.
There are plenty of case studies to point to already. The people that don't get it now, never will.

This is a sensible suggestion.

However, there are inherent issues in drawing whether that line is. Anything that attracts time penalties in a race? That would mean extremely tepid racing if drivers are afraid to get close to others for fear of crippling their team's cap. If a Haas rookie mistakenly puts a tyre on the grass in an ambitious overtaking attempts and wipes out a Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari then you can say goodbye to Haas. Why would you even risk overtaking on lap 1?
How is it going to affect Haas? All teams have the same cap - but Haas don't spend (aren't capable of spending) anywhere near the cap. By taking money from their cap, you're penalising them money they wouldn't have been spending anyway.

The simple solution for a Bottas and Stroll incident is a one F! GP suspension - This probably hurts the team more than a 5 grid penalty.
... and the teams aren't allowed to replace them with another driver. The race starts with 18 cars on the grid.

The simple solution for a Bottas and Stroll incident is a one F! GP suspension - This probably hurts the team more than a 5 grid penalty.
Are you saying that a harsher penalty would be harsher?

Revolutionary.

Are you saying that a harsher penalty would be harsher?

Revolutionary.

Stop being a smart arse ! There have been incidents in the last two races which have lead to a discussion on the suitability of penalties - Mine is just one in a number of suggestions.

Villenueve obviously on some good drugs atm suggesting mercedes should take stroll over Russell.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Villenueve obviously on some good drugs atm suggesting mercedes should take stroll over Russell.

Reckon it may have something to do with their respective nationalities!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That didn't answer my question
Specifically the part where you said " Max gets a penalty for doing the same, giving Hamilton the lead "
Hamilton abused track limits as shown in the video, using it to keep up with Max. Then when Max overtakes and runs wide, he got a penalty and was made to give the position back. Obviously overtaking off the circuit is not something that should be encouraged, and should generally be penalized. But the fact that Lewis was clearly getting an advantage out of doing the same thing, lap after lap, without penalty, shows an inconsistency that massively went his way, and contributes to the "luck" I was talking about.

Max got a penalty when he overtook Hamilton at the same race doing the same thing

Passing off the track and track limits at certain corners are not the same rule.

Also Max did not get a penalty, but he likely would have if he didnt yield the position back.

Things I did not expect to read today, Exhibit One:

So, Aston Martin have formally lodged their appeal against the Stewards decisions to DQ VET on the weekend.

The original decisions makes 100% sense (as much as it pains me to see it happen to VET like that) as its pretty black and white when it comes to the regulations (need to be able to provide the 1L sample when the FIA want it as per the regs, otherwise Stewards will DQ you) and Aston Martin have the right to appeal that as well.

I think the appeal might get up here though, if it is in fact all due to the faulty fuel lift pump/part. The FIA impounded/took possession of the car the second Aston Martin made it known they intended to appeal the decision, so its not like Aston Martin could take the car away and do the dodgy with it.

Word is that Aston Martin believe there is at least still 1.4L of fuel left in the tank (this doesn't include the 300ml the FIA managed to take out already) and that the telemetry from the FIA's fuel flow sensors etc support this amount of fuel being in the tank as well.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

For me, [Bottas] could move to Aston Martin, instead of Lance Stroll, who would go to Mercedes. Stroll senior’s dream is to see his son win championships. He’s very close to Toto Wolff, and Toto needs a place for Valtteri. Hamilton certainly doesn’t want to have Russell as a teammate. It’s better to have someone like Bottas, who won’t bother him.”

Found the article again. That is what Villeneuve had to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back