2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Why has a switch been flicked and it's suddenly complete and utter merc domination again?

Cant help but side with redbull on the rear wing enquiry. Doesn't seem in the spirit of the sport.

Hopefully the FIA can actually investigate quick enough to nullify it (if they are infected breaching a rule) for the final 2 races.

Pole by 4.5 tenths when 2 races ago they looked down and out is a total disgrace.

Thought it was weird that Max improved his time on the final lap when Gasly was on the side of the pit straight.

If he didn't show any signs of lifting, its a clear 5 place grid penalty. That will be tough on a track that is supposedly not going to see much overtaking.

Does it not also cover most of the top 10 including Bottas? Importantly, it doesn't apply to Hamilton and would promote Perez a few places if half a dozen drivers get a penalty.

Does it not also cover most of the top 10 including Bottas? Importantly, it doesn't apply to Hamilton and would promote Perez a few places if half a dozen drivers get a penalty.
Bottas didn't improve his final time did he ?
From what I saw I think he slowed a little on the straight, depends on when the flags were called though. Verstappen was the last one out on track

Bottas and Sainz have also been called to the stewards.

The problem is that the race director and his wheel had no indication of a yellow flag but you can see from his onboard that he drove through a double yellow. The lights on the side of the track also apparently were not yellow either.

Bottas didn't improve his final time did he ?
From what I saw I think he slowed a little on the straight, depends on when the flags were called though. Verstappen was the last one out on track

Ah true that.

Anyway if Verstappen showed no evidence of lifting that's a slam dunk penalty. Drivers have been penalised before for not lifting when flags are shown on track but was not visible on their steering wheel.

Bottas and Sainz have also been called to the stewards.

The problem is that the race director and his wheel had no indication of a yellow flag but you can see from his onboard that he drove through a double yellow. The lights on the side of the track also apparently were not yellow either.

See above post. Flags clearly waved on track supersede everything.

I suspect that Mercedes is quicker at Qatar, however, Hamilton has around two ' out of this world' qualifying performances each year which is not necessarily reflective of his race pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamilton didn't even have the new Brazil engine in his car...he is using the engine that was used for Turkey/USA/Mexico....

kinda kills the race, especially as hamilton is much quicker regardless.

also though i should mention crofty's commentary in qualifying was some of the worst i've heard. constantly got the drivers in what position wrong and even if they were still on track. he's usually always a bit crap but it was really noticeable this time

kinda kills the race, especially as hamilton is much quicker regardless.

also though i should mention crofty's commentary in qualifying was some of the worst i've heard. constantly got the drivers in what position wrong and even if they were still on track. he's usually always a bit crap but it was really noticeable this time
Yeh wasn't great, was late on realizing Perez was still on track in Q2

Still better than the chick that did FP1.
Natalie Pinkham ?
She seems okay.

What is the point of those yellows Max missed? Even if you did see them, you would be past the hazard by the time you could react. Sainz for example apparently lifted over the line, how does that help when hes allready past the incident by then??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back