2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Dec 7, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Villa, McLaren F1, ENG
Looking into going to the Melbourne GP (fingers crossed will be able to travel)

Anyone got experience/recommendations where to sit?
How many days are you going to go?
If multiple days, go the GA option on Quali or Practice. There is heaps of stuff to see and do around the track, you will discover different corners to watch and see what you like.
For Quali try and get near one of the screens, the commentators let you know what's going on from the speakers around the track, but the screen is the best way to tell.
For the race I have done GA, Piquet and Clark all were really good. Piquet probably the best but also the most expensive. If you go GA on race day, get there early, get a good spot and don't move

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
How many days are you going to go?
If multiple days, go the GA option on Quali or Practice. There is heaps of stuff to see and do around the track, you will discover different corners to watch and see what you like.
For Quali try and get near one of the screens, the commentators let you know what's going on from the speakers around the track, but the screen is the best way to tell.
For the race I have done GA, Piquet and Clark all were really good. Piquet probably the best but also the most expensive. If you go GA on race day, get there early, get a good spot and don't move
Will want to go for the whole thing.

Like the idea of GA for practise.

Found this review of the stands which seems pretty fair, haven't compared the prices yet.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
always thought christian was unflustered but this year it seems to be getting to him.
They are close to the prize.
And they firmly believe the Mercs are cheating.
That would fluster anyone. At least his down time should be spent going up and down…..
Fair compensation that.

My three takes

- F1 is a funny sport when Gasly who made the error in Q3, which lead to Bottas and Verstappen receiving grid penalties, actually moved up the grid.
- RBR stuffed up Perez's race which cost them points in the constructor's championship - His first pit stop was ten laps too early which left him in too much traffic, slowing him down, which left him an impossible task to catch Alonso for third place.
- The track played better than expected allowing overtaking to regularly occur.

RBR stuffed up Perez's race which cost them points in the constructor's championship - His first pit stop was ten laps too early which left him in too much traffic, slowing him down, which left him an impossible task to catch Alonso for third place.

You say impossible but it is highly probable he would have got him if it wasn't for the VSC.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
My three takes

- F1 is a funny sport when Gasly who made the error in Q3, which lead to Bottas and Verstappen receiving grid penalties, actually moved up the grid.
- RBR stuffed up Perez's race which cost them points in the constructor's championship - His first pit stop was ten laps too early which left him in too much traffic, slowing him down, which left him an impossible task to catch Alonso for third place.
- The track played better than expected allowing overtaking to regularly occur.
Apart from one overtake by Perez I think, the rest were just DRS overtakes.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
They are close to the prize.
And they firmly believe the Mercs are cheating.
That would fluster anyone. At least his down time should be spent going up and down…..
Fair compensation that.
he's been top of the pile before and for long periods. understand he thinks benz are not on the level but still surprised he's losing it publicly.

Sir Frank Williams: Formula 1 team founder dies aged 79 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59453378
:(
Williams and Alan Jones were the reason I got into Formula One all those years ago. The partnership of Frank Williams and Patrick Head proved to be the driving force for many technical innovations and the dominance of the Williams team during the 80s and 90s.

RIP Frank

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Always loved the Williams team. Will always say that camel livery is the best ever. Frank Williams bought so much joy to formula 1. He will be missed R.I.P Frank Williams

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
RIP Frank.

I've seen a heap of F1 movies and documentaries. "Williams" is probably the best of them all. I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it, to watch it. I might even re-watch it this week in honour of Frank and his contribution to motor sport

Back