2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from Merc / Hamilton fans, would anybody be unhappy to see RBR go scorched earth next weekend?

Whether it is Perez or Max himself, all one of them has to do is pull a Senna / Prost on Hamilton.

So long as it is done with some level of care, i.e. into a sandtrap rather than a wall, would it be such a bad thing?

After what happened at Silverstone...

...all Max has to do is repay the favour, and he is world champion.

In a way, RBR would be crazy not to, wouldn't they?

Apart from Merc / Hamilton fans, would anybody be unhappy to see RBR go scorched earth next weekend?

Whether it is Perez or Max himself, all one of them has to do is pull a Senna / Prost on Hamilton.

So long as it is done with some level of care, i.e. into a sandtrap rather than a wall, would it be such a bad thing?

Would it not sour the achievement and cast a shadow over it, in the same way there have always been questions around the Hill/Schumacher incident in 94? Or Prost and Senna in 90?

Would it not sour the achievement and cast a shadow over it, in the same way there have always been questions around the Hill/Schumacher incident in 94? Or Prost and Senna in 90?
Not for me, after what happened at Silverstone. Fair is fair. Good for the goose, good for the gander. :thumbsu:

Perez nose out through the side of Lewis in T1 is the order of the day. Although he's not been great at the circuit in the past.

Honestly this would be worth it just to hear the impotent tears of the sky commentary. Can you imagine the soap dodgers level of sookiness. All time.

Not that either of them can really appreciate it anymore, but Senna and Schumacher will always be known as the WDC for those seasons.

I desperately want to see Verstappen win but would absolutely disgusted if RBR took this sort of reckless approach.
This isn't dodgems down at Semaphore summer carnival - someone could get seriously injured or killed.

Agree with most of the comments - the red flags were a big problem in both F2 and F1. If you had the chance to purpose build a track as they did, not sure why you would make all the walls quite that close. I would argue though that the hospitalisations could've happened on any circuit, that was just some bas luck there.
While walls close to the track aren’t ideal I actually like that they restore some penalty for bad driving or a mistake. With large runoffs too often drivers are now able to come back onto the track, sometimes with an advantage after making a mistake.

max lost me with his reckless driving over more than one year. so i'm in a quandary as i'm fed up with hamilton too. hope they take each other out in the final. without injury of course. and daniel sneaks a 2nd win.

While walls close to the track aren’t ideal I actually like that they restore some penalty for bad driving or a mistake. With large runoffs too often drivers are now able to come back onto the track, sometimes with an advantage after making a mistake.
Yeah, I agree the run offs have got way too generous, but all the parts that ended up on the circuit from brushing walls is a bit of a pain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I agree the run offs have got way too generous, but all the parts that ended up on the circuit from brushing walls is a bit of a pain.
Thought they should have put out a black flag when bits kept falling off Vettel’s car.

I think that's 100% Max's mind set.

If he qualifies ahead of Lewis, and Lewis comes up on him during the race, then Max will 100% shunt him off the track. Max can't match the mercs for pace anymore.
If he lets him past he's basically lost, so may aswell throw it out there and see if the stewards have the gut to make a call on the championship.

I wouldn't think anyone thinks of it? Schumacher is a 7 times world champion. Not a 6+1. or a 7*.

10-20years and no one will remember or care what happens at Abu Dhabi.

Isn't it better to want this to be clean? What possible moral high ground can Max claim if he deliberately causes a collision?

I don't think that's Max's idea - althought thats how it ends.
It's racing. F1 has gotten a bit automated in the modern era in that if you're ahead at the start of the corner its "your corner" and must be given space. Gentlements agreements / drivers agreements etc.

Max doesnt necessarily abide by those agreements. I don't mind it 50% of the time, even as a Max fan I find he pushes the limits a bit. But I can understand atleast where and why he does it. Not really a safety concern, and if he lets them by unchecked he's lost... so what other decision is there?

Like it or not, Lewis fan or Max fan, can anyone really be happy with the FIA involvement in this weeks race?
I don’t remember when the FIA have been so intrusive in a race, overriding, or preempting any steward actions.
Yes, we do miss Charlie. No way would he be so overt in his conversations with teams during a race. The “negotiations” that occurred under the red flag left me stunned.
If the FIA was so intent on a certain restart configuration, then in the past wouldn’t they have had that conversation with the stewards first? In this case the FIA look like they have taken the term “race director” to the absolute max.
Clearly we have the wrong man in charge and next year should see a new face in the position.

Ironically, UAE has no sandtraps
Just really long run off areas

Like it or not, Lewis fan or Max fan, can anyone really be happy with the FIA involvement in this weeks race?
I don’t remember when the FIA have been so intrusive in a race, overriding, or preempting any steward actions.
I thought this, but is it just because we now get FIA radio messages on the telecast ?

The “negotiations” that occurred under the red flag left me stunned.

They happen all the time during the race but we never hear them. It was just because it was a red flag they had the time to play those messages and they had a longer amount of time to 'negotiate'.

I thought this, but is it just because we now get FIA radio messages on the telecast ?

Yes. It has been said by numerous jounalists and the Sky broadcasters that those conversations are what normally happens but we are only just becoming privy to them.

I desperately want to see Verstappen win but would absolutely disgusted if RBR took this sort of reckless approach.
This isn't dodgems down at Semaphore summer carnival - someone could get seriously injured or killed.
Someone should have mentioned that to lewis before he tried to send max to an early grave at silverstone, a move that will most likely have won him the championship

max lost me with his reckless driving over more than one year. so i'm in a quandary as i'm fed up with hamilton too. hope they take each other out in the final. without injury of course. and daniel sneaks a 2nd win.
Yeh Max has really turned me off directly supporting him in the last race.
Almost prefer Hamilton to win this weekend (never thought I'd be saying that after 8 seasons of Mercedes dominance).

I wouldn't think anyone thinks of it? Schumacher is a 7 times world champion. Not a 6+1. or a 7*.

10-20years and no one will remember or care what happens at Abu Dhabi.
Some people think of it. Like most think of Lewis as a 1+6* times world champion

They should introduce a new variable - switch the race to Europe, right now, let them race in the cold. Why do they get to enjoy the heat whilst I freeze?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back