Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will get bursts in there as an impact option. I do doubt he will get too much time in there, at least to start the season. The big problem with Stephenson as a forward last season was he would come out all guns blazing and would dominate the first quarter and then go missing. Apparantly he is much fitter than he was last season and the carrot of some midfield time may help him to stay focussed, mentally as well. A mate of mine who is a mad Pies supporter reckons he is the type of character that will want to stick it up the Pies and Buckley for letting him go so that may be extra incentive for him. He would not be the worst SC pick but personally i think there are better options available at (and close to) his price.

Stevo can be timid. Hates contact. Can't see him playing centre mid, but perhaps the wing eventually.
Put Bruz Maynard on him and all thoughts of sticking it up the Pies will be goneski.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Stevo can be timid. Hates contact. Can't see him playing centre mid, but perhaps the wing eventually.
Put Bruz Maynard on him and all thoughts of sticking it up the Pies will be goneski.
True about contact. Wing would be the spot for him. When i say stick it up them, i really just mean his mental approach to each game. He seems to be more switched on than last season. Doesn't guarantee he will be any better though.

True about contact. Wing would be the spot for him. When i say stick it up them, i really just mean his mental approach to each game. He seems to be more switched on than last season. Doesn't guarantee he will be any better though.

Worth the punt, based on his first season and a half.
It's all between the ears with Stevo. Good on him if he can change his approach. His problem may be maintaining that once he's settled in.

Has no interest to me for SC, $354k with too many question marks, but does have excellent JS.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I cant see Daniher avg more than 70. He's just such a bad kick at goal and he doesn't do much more than kick, mark, hball. He has only got scores of 120+ twice in his career and that's before injury. There are much better priced players that will be better than him. Don't think for a second that he can do more in a full season with only a hand full of games in 4 yrs.

Daniher has completed a full pre-season for the Lions and admits his body is feeling as good as it has in years, following multiple seasons derailed by groin issues.

“I probably started to feel good three or four weeks after the (2020) season and got some training in and now I’m feeling pretty good,” he said.

1613971665010.gif

Timidness aside, he looks completely lost up the field, almost like he has no idea how to play. Maybe I’m understating the timidness as the reason. Just looks a full forward that never grew to the height of one to me. Cannot see him prospering in a weak team at all. Maynard would eat him!

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I cant see Daniher avg more than 70. He's just such a bad kick at goal and he doesn't do much more than kick, mark, hball. He has only got scores of 120+ twice in his career and that's before injury. There are much better priced players that will be better than him. Don't think for a second that he can do more in a full season with only a hand full of games in 4 yrs.

Why choose 120+ as the threshold? KPFs in general aren't exactly known for pumping out 120+ on a regular basis.

In 2017 which was his last full season before the injuries hit he averaged 86 with 10 scores of 96 or higher. Last year I held Chad and Dev all year and neither reached those heights. Chuck in a bit of relief ruck work and and Joe could match that career best season. For 233k he's an absolute bargain.

asd.JPG

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Joe Daniher
Wins v Losses (past 6 seasons)

WinsLosses
Goals2.91.35
Scoring Shots4.52.7
Goal Assists0.70.3
Disposals14.112.5
Marks6.16.0

Winning percentage in Daniher games (past 6 seasons) 32%
Winning percentage at Brisbane 2020 82%

hmmm...
PLUS ....and not to understate, but Fages see's Daniher as a great 2nd ruck

tenor.gif

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ZBull should average 85 at worst I think. Going to be a Easton Wood type in the backline intercepting and kicking it 40+ meters so should score well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast
ZBull should average 85 at worst I think. Going to be a Easton Wood type in the backline intercepting and kicking it 40+ meters so should score well.
Im currently in the process of laying down fresh hay for ZBull and my splendid stable of SC pigletts.:pig: :moustache::thumbsu:

De Goey to the midfield this year? Surely he plays midfield I don't even rate him as a forward but as a mid he can be a gun
Yep he'll get bulk midfield minutes and will be in our starting centre bounce squad. Lost some kegs over the summer, looks a lot fitter.

Couple of major concerns though: 1. he's injury prone and 2. if we struggle for goals, he'll end up at full forward more than we would like.

If he does well in the preseason matches, his ownership will jump big time (currently around 6%)

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
JDG injury is annoying.

Wasn't 100% committed to the idea, but would have loved to see how he was tracking in the practice games and it sounds like he's now out of this weeks scratch match against Geelong.

But then again if he's got a minor ankle injury that's likely to tip a fence sitters in the opposite direction, and he becomes even more of a POD while starting the season at pretty much full capacity.

Having a teammate trod on your foot is uncomfortable and Collingwood will be pretty cautious in the lead up to Round 1, but you'd think the recovery time would be reasonably quick.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
JDG injury is annoying.

Wasn't 100% committed to the idea, but would have loved to see how he was tracking in the practice games and it sounds like he's now out of this weeks scratch match against Geelong.

But then again if he's got a minor ankle injury that's likely to tip a fence sitters in the opposite direction, and he becomes even more of a POD while starting the season at pretty much full capacity.

Having a teammate trod on your foot is uncomfortable and Collingwood will be pretty cautious in the lead up to Round 1, but you'd think the recovery time would be reasonably quick.
Isn't that JDG's 2nd injury within a month ?

Isn't that JDG's 2nd injury within a month ?

Both very minor. Inconvenient more than anything.

He'll be back in everyone's minds after the Panasonic Aami Marsh Cup Series Match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back